Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Line up was a little confusing but so what, coaches peri gator and they won. Competition is healthy. If Shaybe Ghostisbehere can be a healthy scratch a couple nights ago, so can't any of them. Couldn't be happier for Truman Reed. Long road to his first collegiate game and well deserved.

Comment

Ugly loss....seniors need to be on the bench at this point like Rufo and McPhee. Rufo's turnover for Merrimack's first goal deserves to see his seat permanently in the stands.

If a freshman makes that mistake than be it but this was a senior.

The compete level isn't there this year and they are not playing up to their drafted slots.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

PC dressed nine draft picks for warmups (Ruggeiro was game-time decision) and they lose like that to a team with two draft picks...I hope something changes fast with these guys or it will be a massive lost season!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          PC dressed nine draft picks for warmups (Ruggeiro was game-time decision) and they lose like that to a team with two draft picks...I hope something changes fast with these guys or it will be a massive lost season!
          Scott Borek effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
            Scott Borek effect.
            I call it the washed up UNH coaches effect...maybe finally the revolving door of assistant coaches under Leaman has started to hurt him in recruiting and X's and O's

Comment

My god zlax, you are obsessed with draft picks

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                He has hated the draft and those drafted ever since he was bypassed in the Learn to skate draft
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Experts which work in the NHL, the top talent hockey evaluators in the world I think they know who is good!
                  Last edited by The Zlax45; 11-26-2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

That was a pretty pathetic third period last night..now can Leaman get them up for an OOC game against Colgate.

Question: will we see a change in goal tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                        That was a pretty pathetic third period last night..now can Leaman get them up for an OOC game against Colgate.

Question: will we see a change in goal tonight?
                        Nope...he wasn't the problem on Friday and saved their butts on Saturday night. Goalie is a product of the defense which has been poor this year. Look at where every goal is coming from for the opponents in tight.

Comment

I agree that while Hawkey is not as consistent as Ellis was last year, he is still playing well and is not the problem thus far this year. At times last night, esp. in the 3rd, PC just could not clear the defensive zone for what seemed like minutes at a time. Wish the team had a real banger like Acciari was,to knock guys off the puck. When he was on the ice, the intimidation factor helped PC gain possession of the puck. Both he and Tim Schaller both played a real physical game which is why they're both in the NHL now. PC overall did play a decent game though last night. Big test against BU Friday.

Comment

Your goalie made a point-blank save in the final minute of regulation to preserve the win on Saturday. The Colgate player who shot the puck was looking at an open net.

Side note - I really liked how there's a Dunkin' Donuts at the rink. You guys and Merrimack are the only two Div. 1 schools that have this amenity.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Hopefully the closing seconds saves by Hawkey carry over this weekend because I think he will need to come up with a lot of great saves against BU. Time to see if these Friars are ready to change the direction of their Hockey East fortunes.

Comment

Have heard Providence is a potential HE candidate for the Friendship Four, does anyone from the PC camp have any knowledge? Clarkson will be participating so I'm just trying to get a feel if it will be worth it to go, I see all of the great things people say about it and would probably make the trip over if there would be some interesting matchups, judging from our game earlier in the year I feel Providence should be back up top of HE next season if there are no early departures, Nate Leaman will always have my respect for what he did with Union and how shocking it was with such limited resources. Now with more resources at his disposal it seems like his teams could get bullied around by a lot of the older teams but will go up and down with anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X