Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
    There for last night's game again. I considered Merrimack to be the ceiling for PC this season as far as where they might slot in. It's not too promising that they came away with just a tie. Have to keep reminding myself how spoiled we've been having Ellis and Gillies in net for us the past few years to where we are now.
    Really? Yea Hawkey needs to make a save on a 2 on 1 below the face off dot half slap shot one timer? Come on! On the PP on top of that, which should NEVER happen with so many upper classmen on that defense core. The players on the ice for that goal was SENIOR Josh Monk, JUNIOR Jake Walman, FRESHMAN Kasper Bjorkqvist and JUNIOR Brian Pinho. Three of those guys are supposed to be the experienced ones on this team. Walman continues to be a disaster on defense.

The other goal was a spin shot into the opposite corner from right in front of the net. The defensemen on that were Jake Walman and Josh Monk again. Merrimack's top line for the last three years has been Seney and Gustaffson and anyone that has seen PC knows Walman and Monk are horrible on defense. This goes into coaching again!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      I like this team. Ton of young talent and a very bright future. Give Em time to build confidence over next year or two. Will be competitive but could be real good in couple years. Just had back to back exceptional classes graduate, can't replace that with freshmen

Leaman develops them into his system as good as anyone
      The young talent isn't the problem...it is the defensive breakdowns by the upper classmen who haven't stepped up their game.

Comment

I like Ruggiero's game more than Walman's lets take a MILLION blue line shots and hope it goes in.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          I like Ruggiero's game more than Walman's lets take a MILLION blue line shots and hope it goes in.
          Exhibit 237 for why you are not director of hockey ops, not a head coach and dead last in all 57 of your fantasy leagues

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            Exhibit 237 for why you are not director of hockey ops, not a head coach and dead last in all 57 of your fantasy leagues
            Jake Walman is tied for 5th in the conference with shots on goals. All four players ahead of him and White is tied with him are FORWARDS. FYI, White has played two more games than Jake this year and everyone else ahead of him. Oh yea, his shooting percentage is fantastic at 3 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Jake Walman is tied for 5th in the conference with shots on goals. All four players ahead of him and White is tied with him are FORWARDS. FYI, White has played two more games than Jake this year and everyone else ahead of him. Oh yea, his shooting percentage is fantastic at 3 percent.
              Taking more shots is a good thing, though...

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                Taking more shots is a good thing, though...
                Non-quality shots on goals that the goalie sees easily are not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  Non-quality shots on goals that the goalie sees easily are not good.
                  Then blame your forwards for not screening the goalie. Don't blame the guy who's pulling the trigger and trying to make plays happen.

Comment

Then blame your forwards for not screening the goalie. Don't blame the guy who's pulling the trigger and trying to make plays happen.
                    One year Bourque, one of my all time favorites had 384 shots on net, 12 goals. Team went to cup finals.

At that level and most D 1 goalies make the first save, end of story

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      At that level and most D 1 goalies make the first save, end of story
                      This just isn't true. Rebounds exist. That's how a LARGE number of goals are scored at every level. I'd rather have a guy who lets it fly 10 times a game than one who tries to make the perfect pass every single time.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                        Bingo
                        Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

This just isn't true. Rebounds exist. That's how a LARGE number of goals are scored at every level. I'd rather have a guy who lets it fly 10 times a game than one who tries to make the perfect pass every single time.
                          Its 100% true. Rebounds are created by the first save...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            Its 100% true. Rebounds are created by the first save...
                            Ah. I thought you were saying the first save happens and then the play is dead. My bad!

Comment

Very quiet in Providence

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                Very quiet in Providence
                                If the ticket office is to be believed it should be a near-sellout or a total sellout this weekend vs NU. We had trouble getting tickets for a large group of people. First time coming to Schneider, I'm excited.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X