2017 CHA Tournament - Nobody Gets Home Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 CHA Tournament - Nobody Gets Home Ice

The 2017 CHA tournament will be played in its entirety at Harbor Center in Buffalo, NY, and will now be in a one-and-done format:

http://chawomenshockey.com/news/2016...803164207.aspx

Re: 2017 CHA Tournament - Nobody Gets Home Ice

This good for the league since we all get to play there now and increase attendance overall.

Comment

I wish they had kept the best-of-three quarterfinal format, with the chance for home ice. Do the quarterfinals that way, and have the semifinals and championship the following weekend at a neutral site like the Harbor Center.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
        I wish they had kept the best-of-three quarterfinal format, with the chance for home ice. Do the quarterfinals that way, and have the semifinals and championship the following weekend at a neutral site like the Harbor Center.
        I think they also want to have as many games in Buffalo as they can. With 4 teams in close proximity to the city and a big school like penn state the league is looking to maximize exposure in a growing market for women's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
          I think they also want to have as many games in Buffalo as they can. With 4 teams in close proximity to the city and a big school like penn state the league is looking to maximize exposure in a growing market for women's hockey.
          They could have kept the best-of-three quarterfinals at campus arenas on Thursday (for the home fans), give the advancing teams a travel day to Buffalo on Friday, and have both semifinal games Saturday and the championship on Sunday, all at the Harbor Center. Three games in two days at the Harbor Center "to maximize exposure in a growing market for women's hockey". I smell some Pegula money in this new arrangement.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
            They could have kept the best-of-three quarterfinals at campus arenas on Thursday (for the home fans), give the advancing teams a travel day to Buffalo on Friday, and have both semifinal games Saturday and the championship on Sunday, all at the Harbor Center. Three games in two days at the Harbor Center "to maximize exposure in a growing market for women's hockey". I smell some Pegula money in this new arrangement.
            Whoa!
            Best of 3 ending on Thursday means games on Tue.,Wed. & Thurs.
            Then semis on Saturday and Final on Sunday.

That's 5 games in 6 days. The coaches would not go for that. This isn't the USAH Nationals.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
            X