Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    If Mike had a better Saturday game I'll be with you, but really think it time to give Short one start on the weekend. DeMikes really had trouble getting going after so much time on the bench when he was a sophomore. I really see no positive in riding Rotolo. Especially now with a Goal Against at 2.83 and save percentage under .900 (.883).
    Yup. Mike's played 11 games this season and his numbers are pretty awful. At some point you can't blame that on miscues and team play. At some point the goalie has to start stopping shots. His numbers last season really weren't anything special either (2.71/.907) so the team should be willing to look to Short during challenging times such as these.
    RIT

Comment

Assuming there is nothing (injury, etc) keeping Short from playing, it's important to get him some playing time both to keep him sharp for this year, as well as getting him experience for the next 2 seasons. I think that’s valid even if the Tigers were undefeated at this point.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

One of the downsides of jumping into conference play as early as they have is there is less time to get Short experience and not impact conference standings. It would be nice to get Short some time, but I think if coach thought he would be the answer, he would be playing now.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          One of the downsides of jumping into conference play as early as they have is there is less time to get Short experience and not impact conference standings. It would be nice to get Short some time, but I think if coach thought he would be the answer, he would be playing now.
          All the early conference game I think was the trap and the coaching staff fall into it. Short is not a Freshman goaltender, he played 17 games last year so we really have an idea of what we have there. I also think in fairness to Rotolo some of his numbers have been inflated due to games like the second Robert Morris and is why I still think he is a clear #1, but I think it's a mistake that he has not had at least 1 or 2 more starts. But should not make a mountain out of a molehill over this, I just think it a good reason to give Short a start this weekend and see if it shakes the team up. I'd honestly give Short the start on Friday. Anyone want to let me know if Coach Wilson laughs at me when he reads that???
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            All the early conference game I think was the trap and the coaching staff fall into it. Short is not a Freshman goaltender, he played 17 games last year so we really have an idea of what we have there. I also think in fairness to Rotolo some of his numbers have been inflated due to games like the second Robert Morris and is why I still think he is a clear #1, but I think it's a mistake that he has not had at least 1 or 2 more starts. But should not make a mountain out of a molehill over this, I just think it a good reason to give Short a start this weekend and see if it shakes the team up. I'd honestly give Short the start on Friday. Anyone want to let me know if Coach Wilson laughs at me when he reads that???
            Would definitely go with Mike on Friday as Army will no doubt start their #1, Parker Gahagen. If Short gets a shot this weekend it would be on Saturday. Guess we'll find out tomorrow night. Either way this will be an exciting weekend as Army will bring it. Their freshman have made an impact right from the get go and they have size and speed similar to RIT.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              I think it's a mistake that he has not had at least 1 or 2 more starts.
              Just curious where he should have got that other start? I would have guessed Canisius had the whole team aside from Rotolo tanked that Friday game and you should not bench the only player who showed up.

I expect Short to get one of the Providence games as it is non-league. But other than that, I think it depends on how the rest of the team is playing.

Comment

After being outplayed in the second period I don't think any of us could have predicted the offensive outburst by the Tigers in the third period. Good win, will need to work harder tomorrow as Army will not want to be swept and will throw everything at the Tigers. Discipline boys as I don't think the rough style of play that leads to lots of penalties to both teams works for this group of Tigers. They're better off letting their skill dictate the game.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                  After being outplayed in the second period I don't think any of us could have predicted the offensive outburst by the Tigers in the third period. Good win, will need to work harder tomorrow as Army will not want to be swept and will throw everything at the Tigers. Discipline boys as I don't think the rough style of play that leads to lots of penalties to both teams works for this group of Tigers. They're better off letting their skill dictate the game.
                  Several of the penalties on RIT were ticky-tack and/or were embellished. And the same thing that was a penalty for RIT were not for Army quite a few times. That said, the Knights are a good team that should be contending for a top spot in the standings at the end of the season. Winning will not be easy for RIT.

Comment

It was nice to see the Tigers finally come up big with 5 in the 3rd period last night. The fans went home happy. Mike Rotolo really showed his stuff in the 2nd, stopping two short-handed breakaways. Interesting that RIT won going away, and did not outshoot Army. Perhaps shots/game is not that important a stat. Ask Canisius. I thought the Army power play was outstanding. The Tigers had better stay out of the box tonight.

Comment

Nothing better than coming back to the online broadcast and hearing the wood slapping and fans counting up to five. Gotta admit, I had my doubts that they could contain Army but their goalie has to be wondering how bad tonight is going to be!
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I had a chance to watch the game on tape delay this morning. That 6th goal that RIT scored, I've always wondered if players have a hard time picking up the puck when one team is wearing black especially on a screen. I never played competitive hockey but I played baseball and the thought of picking up a fastball coming out of a pitchers hand if the background behind the pitcher was as white as the baseball seems daunting. I'm sure hockey folks smarter than me have determined black jerseys have no effect on the game but Parker looked slow on picking up that puck.
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

He was pretty obviously mentally checked out at that point, so that had something to do it it I'm sure.
                          RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Tough fought 4 point weekend...way to go Tigers!
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Anyone know whats going on with RIT's attendance? It's down a few hundred from last year.
                              R I T HOCKEY
                              Frozen Four
                              Elite Eight
                              NCAA Tournament
                              2010-2015-2016
                              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                                Anyone know whats going on with RIT's attendance? It's down a few hundred from last year.
                                Attendance is usually lower in the first half of the season than the second. If I had to guess it'd be between that and having very few home games so far.
                                RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Working...
                                X