Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State Applies to the NCHC

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Pump the brakes on your revisionist history. SCSU tried to get a spot at the NCHC and couldn't.
    http://www.uscho.com/2011/07/07/five-schools-set-to-leave-wcha-for-new-league-in-2013/

http://www.wcha.com/men/presarch/201107/jul13wcm.pdf

http://scsuhuskies.com/news/2011/7/15/7_15_2011_5956.aspx?path=mhockey

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1112/201108/aug26lss.php

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1112/201109/sep22wcm.pdf
    September FU**ING 22nd, 2011. A full SEVENTY ONE days after the formation of the NCHC, SCSU tucks their tail between their legs and joins WMU as the seventh and eighth teams in the NCHC after being offered an invitation the day prior by the NCHC.
    You're taking the "once the break happened" line too literally. Anyone following college hockey knows SCSU had to sweat it out for a while with the Dredges of The West before landing its golden ticket. But that just goes to what has already been said, once the offer was made, SCSU jumped at making the move to the Nacho - just as any other school that values its program would have too.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Your stupid effing conference was called the BHHC before it had a name.

You.Are.Stupid.
      Cool story. You sure got me there!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Donny boy still have his worthless blog? Dam was he obsessed with everything UND.
        He quit his blog in a epic butt-hurt rage after uaa pulled his student press pass years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Pump the brakes on your revisionist history. SCSU tried to get a spot at the NCHC and couldn't.
          http://www.uscho.com/2011/07/07/five-schools-set-to-leave-wcha-for-new-league-in-2013/

http://www.wcha.com/men/presarch/201107/jul13wcm.pdf

http://scsuhuskies.com/news/2011/7/15/7_15_2011_5956.aspx?path=mhockey

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1112/201108/aug26lss.php

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1112/201109/sep22wcm.pdf
          September FU**ING 22nd, 2011. A full SEVENTY ONE days after the formation of the NCHC, SCSU tucks their tail between their legs and joins WMU as the seventh and eighth teams in the NCHC after being offered an invitation the day prior by the NCHC.
          So in other words...what I said was right. Once the invite was made, we jumped at it. And if it had been made to Northern, they'd have jumped too.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            He quit his blog in a epic butt-hurt rage after uaa pulled his student press pass years ago
            I use to have fun with the guy. He would delete most my posts. Could get his undies in a bunch rather easily.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              You're taking the "once the break happened" line too literally...
              Let's face it, no one is going to convince fans at SCSU that getting an invite months after everyone else the NCHC really wanted had turned the conference down, isn't quite the same thing as being a team the NCHC really wanted. You know like those teams that were actually sitting around the table behind closed doors creating the conference without SCSU's knowledge.

And as for some fans (let's say MTU for example) being bent out of shape and railing on the NCHC all the time, it's not because we are not in the conference as most people like to think. It is the fact that a few former WCHA teams panicked and made a knee jerk reaction out of fear of a Bi6 hockey super-conference. A conference that these teams thought was going to dominate all of college hockey as had never been seen before and the only way to beat them was to make another "super" conference. Why was no super conference needed to keep pace with the CCHA? They had Michigan, MSU and WMU for years and nobody did anything. I didn't see anyone at the WCHA freaking out that the CCHA was going to suddenly dominate the college hockey landscape.

Honestly, if a letter showed up on the Tech AD's desk tomorrow from the NCHC requesting that MTU apply to pair with Mankato, I would be one of the first writing a letter urging against joining for one simple reason: The NCHC was formed by a couple self-serving programs who didn't mind seeing everyone else twist in the wind if they get something better out of the deal for themselves. Let's just say ABC comes along tomorrow and offers UND and DU a million dollars each per season if they go independent and sign TV deals with ESPN. Do you think those two programs are going to give two $-h-!-t-s about the NCHC any more? No chance. They'll bolt to serve themselves and leave everyone in the NCHC hung out to dry once again.

You can tell me over and over again how great the NCHC is, but I have no interest in seeing Tech hockey be part of a conference where your fellow members will stab you in the back if it benefits them. They've shown their true colors to college hockey. A lot of programs got fooled once thinking everyone in the oWCHA was in it together. Only someone stupid gets fooled by the same routine twice. I hope for Mankato's sake they get into the NCHC, because if they have to come back to the WCHA it's going to be ugly for them going forward.

Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

B-O-O-H-O-O

Bottom line is it doesn't matter whether you would want Tech to do it...they'd still do it. Because whether you want to believe it or not...EVERY program will be self serving because that's how you survive.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

What I still love is how it was OK for Michigan Tech to do what they felt was best for them in the early 80's and leave the WCHA for the CCHA and then come back to the WCHA a couple years later, but 30 years later when UND and DU do what they think is best for them, it's completely different and those schools are backstabbing traitors.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

If a college president or AD isn't looking out for what's best for his school, he should be fired immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      What I still love is how it was OK for Michigan Tech to do what they felt was best for them in the early 80's and leave the WCHA for the CCHA and then come back to the WCHA a couple years later, but 30 years later when UND and DU do what they think is best for them, it's completely different and those schools are backstabbing traitors.
                      Well Dirty most posters probably aren't old enough to know that but yes you are correct.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Let's face it, no one is going to convince fans at SCSU that getting an invite months after everyone else the NCHC really wanted had turned the conference down, isn't quite the same thing as being a team the NCHC really wanted. You know like those teams that were actually sitting around the table behind closed doors creating the conference without SCSU's knowledge.
                        Do you really think we don't know the situation of how we ended up in the league? No, we weren't at the top of the list, but we were on the list and we picked up the phone when called. And it's been a lot of fun hockey since then playing against top competition for points and not the likes of UAH, UAA or UA_.
                        And as for some fans (let's say MTU for example) being bent out of shape and railing on the NCHC all the time, it's not because we are not in the conference as most people like to think. It is the fact that a few former WCHA teams panicked and made a knee jerk reaction out of fear of a Bi6 hockey super-conference. A conference that these teams thought was going to dominate all of college hockey as had never been seen before and the only way to beat them was to make another "super" conference. Why was no super conference needed to keep pace with the CCHA? They had Michigan, MSU and WMU for years and nobody did anything. I didn't see anyone at the WCHA freaking out that the CCHA was going to suddenly dominate the college hockey landscape.
                        The CCHA was created as a regional conference that consisted of just one consistently top team and a couple up-and-down teams, ultimately proving MTU wasn't up to snuff for even that inferior talent level. The funny thing is that after Tech returned to the WCHA it proved even more inept than during its years in the CCHA. It also happened when SCSU was still playing DII, so what should we SCSU fans care about that?

Honestly, if a letter showed up on the Tech AD's desk tomorrow from the NCHC requesting that MTU apply to pair with Mankato, I would be one of the first writing a letter urging against joining for one simple reason: The NCHC was formed by a couple self-serving programs who didn't mind seeing everyone else twist in the wind if they get something better out of the deal for themselves. Let's just say ABC comes along tomorrow and offers UND and DU a million dollars each per season if they go independent and sign TV deals with ESPN. Do you think those two programs are going to give two $-h-!-t-s about the NCHC any more? No chance. They'll bolt to serve themselves and leave everyone in the NCHC hung out to dry once again.
                        We have no idea how they'd respond. Living the life of an independent can be a difficult way to keep, but you're talking about a lot of hypothetical money for one school that doesn't have the universal backing of the locals and a state school that has near universal support of a very small population. So, in truth, I'm not interested in giving it great thought.

You can tell me over and over again how great the NCHC is, but I have no interest in seeing Tech hockey be part of a conference where your fellow members will stab you in the back if it benefits them. They've shown their true colors to college hockey. A lot of programs got fooled once thinking everyone in the oWCHA was in it together. Only someone stupid gets fooled by the same routine twice. I hope for Mankato's sake they get into the NCHC, because if they have to come back to the WCHA it's going to be ugly for them going forward.

Ryan J
                        And we have no interest in bring Tech into the fold. Why would the league want a school that's likely to go t!ts up again once they have to replace Mel Pearson? The last time Tech had a coach with a winning record was MacInnes, and he retired in 1982. Your bloviate from the herd of the weak, those who've been used as road kill for other teams for 30 years and only now have managed to garner winning records against teams of low quality. Congratulations in all your recent success.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          If a college president or AD isn't looking out for what's best for his school, he should be fired immediately.
                          This, I agree with 100%. As I said earlier, I am disappointed in MSU-M's decision to leave the WCHA, but I understand the reasoning why.

FTLT, Northern was offered UNO's spot in the WCHA before UNO and turned it down*. I can't see them saying yes to the NCHC if they ever did come calling.

* In hindsight, while I understood the reason why we didn't at the time, and I supported the decision, holy sh** was that a terrible, terrible move on NMU's part.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            The CCHA was created as a regional conference that consisted of just one consistently top team and a couple up-and-down teams, ultimately proving MTU wasn't up to snuff for even that inferior talent level. The funny thing is that after Tech returned to the WCHA it proved even more inept than during its years in the CCHA. It also happened when SCSU was still playing DII, so what should we SCSU fans care about that?
                            By "regional conference," and "one consistently top team," you do realize that you're talking about central Ohio teams + St. Louis, Missouri, with St. Louis being the top team... right?

It started in 71-71 with tOSU, BGSU, St. Louis University, and Ohio University. Added Lake State in '72, and slowly gained Michigan based schools through the late '70's.

It was the '80's when Michigan Tech tagged along with Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, when UM, MSU, and ND decided that they wanted to play closer to home in the CCHA.

1984 Michigan Tech wanted back in the WCHA, and wanted to take NMU with to have a "local" rival.

NMU only moved back to the CCHA in 1997 because Rick Comley felt the CCHA was easier, and NMU was pressuring the hockey program to play more in-state schools where they could use the team as a general campus recruitment opportunity.

*edit*
                            To be honest, the switching of conferences don't bother me as it does to some people. The only thing I've ever hated was the backdoor dealings in the formation of the NCHC. The whole "Why Western?" act of desperation in not wanting to join the WCHA when openly invited also irks me when I think about it. Then I just remember that SCSU and WMU have a combined one NCAA tournament victory, and they were the keystone teams for the NCHC's inaugural season.
                            Last edited by aparch; 07-17-2016, 12:02 AM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              I don't think they really care and why should they?

Comment

• "And we have no interest in bring Tech into the fold. Why would the league want a school that's likely to go t!ts up again once they have to replace Mel Pearson? The last time Tech had a coach with a winning record was MacInnes, and he retired in 1982. Your bloviate from the herd of the weak, those who've been used as road kill for other teams for 30 years and only now have managed to garner winning records against teams of low quality. Congratulations in all your recent success.[/QUOTE]

Edit ** The drop off has already happened at WMU and will happen at UNO when Dean Blais leaves, will happen at SCSU, MSU-M, etc soon too. All programs go thru cycles. When NCHC formed they plucked teams at the top of their cycles and the last few years have been great for them, but it will come back around and all the chest pounded will be replaced with continued dwindling attendance and increased travel cost for 75% of the league.
                                Last edited by jdmaxim23; 07-18-2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X