Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Applies to the NCHC

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...ure/386699631/
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Lots of early excitement from boosters I've talked to. They want to see SCSU, UMD, UND, UNO, etc again.

Fans on Twitter are all for it. MSU put itself in a tough spot if nothing happens.

Sources at MSU are currently quiet, but I do know one source didn't rule out a move imminent in the next couple years, FWIW.
      Style of play is a huge part of it as well. The style Hastings wants to play is a fast transition game which fits the NCHC much better than the "clutch and grab" WCHA.
      Last edited by Biddco; 07-13-2016, 05:50 PM.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I wonder if things will get extra interesting and Bowling Green also applies to the NCHC? I'm assuming Miami and WMU would lobby hard for them while the rest of the conference members would want Mankato.

Comment

Not sure on official announcement but all indications from my athletic department contacts are that it will be the 2018-2019 season that the Mavs join the NCHC along with ASU. If possible they'll get it done sooner, adding ASU hasn't gone as smoothly as it was supposed to.

Not earth shattering, but sounds like it's gonna happen.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            It could also mean the best players leave for the CHL. Which is fine by me, I would rather win a Stanley Cup.
            So you actually think that if the Gophers aren't good, more kids from MN will choose the CHL? Wow...i mean i knew you were arrogant but that's some SEVERE overrating of the Gopher program's power in the state.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Also forgot to mention, gotta feel bad for Bemidji. Looks like they are potentially getting left behind by the in state schools. Going to be a crap situation for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Style of play is a huge part of it as well. The style Hastings wants to play is a fast transition game which fits the NCHC much better than the "clutch and grab" WCHA.
                Definitely. Great point bringing that discussion here. Hastings best team at MSU, 2014-2015, was unbelievable in transition.
                AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  Also forgot to mention, gotta feel bad for Bemidji. Looks like they are potentially getting left behind by the in state schools. Going to be a crap situation for them.
                  At least they'll still have the Northstar Cup...
                  AF 99

Comment

Nope, feel just fine about that
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I wonder if things will get extra interesting and Bowling Green also applies to the NCHC? I'm assuming Miami and WMU would lobby hard for them while the rest of the conference members would want Mankato.
                      The only thing more unlikely than BG applying for the NCHC is BG getting an invite to the B1G personally delivered by Don Lucia.
                      BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                        Well Miami and WMU can replace Alaska aka UAF and UAA if the schools eliminate athletics via budget cuts...The whole university system is up for a restructure..Board of Regents are to meet again I think in September...

ALSO

Nanook assistant coach Corbin Schmidt tendered his resignation today. His wife too, who also worked for the U. Last week the rifle coach said bye--bye and two more folks in athletics have already left....Maybe they know something......
                        Well in defense of the rifle coach, he left to go start a craft brewery. Because, beer.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                          The only thing more unlikely than BG applying for the NCHC is BG getting an invite to the B1G personally delivered by Don Lucia.
                          BG would most likely leave the WCHA for the NCHC if offered.
                          Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                            BG would most likely leave the WCHA for the NCHC if offered.
                            But are we getting an invite? I doubt it. MSU will likely join, we can assume ASU is a member, are the Nachos going to start mailing out invitations if they're at an even number of teams?
                            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                              But are we getting an invite? I doubt it. MSU will likely join, we can assume ASU is a member, are the Nachos going to start mailing out invitations if they're at an even number of teams?
                              It probably depends on how much noise WMU and Miami would make about the conference becoming "west-heavy."
                              Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                I wanted you to discuss the laws of thermodynamics. I want everyone else to discuss MSU applying to the NCHC.
                                Can I just fly a kite at night instead?
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X