Minnesota State Applies to the NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State Applies to the NCHC

Rather than hoping to join the NCHC, after being outplayed and outshot over a two game series with D3 UW-Eau Claire, ASU would be far more competitive joining the remnants of UW-EC's (and Mankato and Bemidji's) old conference: the NCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      I blame Biddco
      Agreed
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        This thread has taught me a few things.
        1. as Fade says, who the heck cares.! Jessh.! It might not happen anyway! 2. money talks. 3. UND fans are like trump supporters, long on emotion and nostalgia, but short on facts.( with the exception of dirty who is well above the average und toad and who clearly is a closet Minnesota fan) 3. Hoped for savings and results are usually not what you end up getting. ... oh and trading away 5 trips to the eastern time zone for 2 trips east and 3 to the West is really not that big a benefit if you ask me.
        You have two number 3s... fact.

Comment

Wow, an above average toad. That might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I think any program not named UAA/UAF is full of crap citing travel costs when it comes to playing those programs.
            Yep.

It's like the AD saying It's really important for the players to remain in class, don't worry about the other road trips we take during the year.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              with the exception of dirty who is well above the average und toad and who clearly is a closet Minnesota fan)
              Let me give you a bit of advice, sir. You were trolling well up until this point, but accusing Dirty of being a closet MN fan is silly. He's clearly a closet NDSU fan.

Comment

[Deep booming voice...]
                Meanwhile...

Back at the WCHA Headquarters...

[/narrator voice]

Bowling Green Declines Comment on Schools Interest in NCHC and/or Future in WCHA...
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh my goodness; if Bowling Pins leaves, the butthurt is going to be amazing.

Comment

Wild speculation...

Western, Miami and BGSU want to have a pseudo MAC conference to play against themselves. Backdoor their own exit from the NCHC and WCHA and restart the CCHA since BGSU has all the paperwork sitting in a closet at the ice arena. Poach Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, and Ferris State to round out their league (ala the Original Six NCHC schools). Take Canisius and RIT late this fall to round out to eight CCHA teams for 2018-19.

The NCHC, to remain at eight, take Mankato and Arizona State.

Leaves the WCHA with Alaska, Alaska Anchorage, Alabama Huntsville, Bemidji, Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, and Lake State.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Wild speculation...

Western, Miami and BGSU want to have a pseudo MAC conference to play against themselves. Backdoor their own exit from the NCHC and WCHA and restart the CCHA since BGSU has all the paperwork sitting in a closet at the ice arena. Poach Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, and Ferris State to round out their league (ala the Original Six NCHC schools). Take Canisius and RIT late this fall to round out to eight CCHA teams for 2018-19.

Leaves the WCHA with Alaska, Alaska Anchorage, Alabama Huntsville, Bemidji, Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, and Lake State.
                      That probably spells death for 2-3 programs.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        That probably spells death for 2-3 programs.
                        I'm not knowledge enough to comment on that.
                        However, Miami's rink just turned ten and still looks new. The university occasionally tells us that hockey is the premier sport. From here it kind of feels like they think a championship is achievable so I wouldn't look for them to slide away from NDakota, Denver, Etc until Rico retires at the earliest.
                        I saw them play Providence, RPI, and CC last season and crowds were good to SRO. I thought RPI on New Years weekend would be empty, but it was louder than I remember old Goggin.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Wild speculation...

Miami and Western aren't leaving, the exit fee to leave the NCHC pretty much guarantees they're staying whether they want to or not.
                          BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
                            I'm not knowledge enough to comment on that.
                            I saw them play Providence, RPI, and CC last season and crowds were good to SRO. I thought RPI on New Years weekend would be empty, but it was louder than I remember old Goggin.
                            Yet according to Sean Pickett's attendance worksheet, the Miami State crowds over the past two years are identical to BG's. And hockey has to be the premier sport at Miami State because your football team has been worse than gawd awful for over a decade (ever since Roethlisberger left).

What does any of this have to do with the topic? Nothing. I simply can't pass on an opportunity to smack talk Miami State.

I will return to lurking this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                              Miami and Western aren't leaving, the exit fee to leave the NCHC pretty much guarantees they're staying whether they want to or not.
                              Something like 1+ million was cited earlier in this thread when I thought Mankato leaving could move WMU and MU to the WCHA.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                [Deep booming voice...]
                                Meanwhile...

Back at the WCHA Headquarters...

[/narrator voice]

Bowling Green Declines Comment on Schools Interest in NCHC and/or Future in WCHA...
                                How do you expand to 00 schools??
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X