Commonwealth Coast Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commonwealth Coast Conference

I am not sure there will be many posters here, but I figured the new league deserved its own thread.

Anyone have any thoughts about league schedules, recruits, teams, returning players, etc., post 'em if you have 'em!

Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Sorry for this to be the first reply but, RIP Becker College head coach Steve Hoar.

Comment

Since I had to look up who is in this, figured I would share:

Seven current CCC members, Curry College, Endicott College, Nichols College, Salve Regina University, University of New England, Wentworth Institute of Technology and Western New England University will be joined by Becker College, Johnson & Wales University and Suffolk University, each of which will be joining the CCC as associate members in the sport of men’s ice hockey in 2016-17.
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Thx Dino for starting this thread. I am sure many will be viewing and posting soon.

Comment

A couple of coaching changes in the CCC this summer. One very sad and one very puzzling. The passing of Steve Hoar is very sad. Steve was a wonderful guy, filled with life and had a great love for the game of hockey. I truly hope that all of the student-athletes at Becker have an appreciation for his personality and for all he gave to them.

The move of the JW coach seems puzzling to me. Is this a lateral move? I really don't know. Could this be a statement about the commitment of JW to their hockey program. Again, I don't know.

Looking forward to the start of the season and getting a chance to see all of the new teams UNE will be playing.

Comment

So, I have been looking at the CCC Schedule and it seems most conference games are Thursday night and Saturday night. For UNE, this is a change in their schedule (NEHC was Fri night and Sat Afternoon). Will this new schedule require a different approach? I am sure it will, but I wonder whether this is better or worse for the players? Anyone have any thoughts? I also wonder what it will mean for attendance? Friday nights at the Forum were packed and Saturday afternoons, not so much.

In any event, I am looking forward to the start of the season and the beginning of a new conference.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
              So, I have been looking at the CCC Schedule and it seems most conference games are Thursday night and Saturday night. For UNE, this is a change in their schedule (NEHC was Fri night and Sat Afternoon). Will this new schedule require a different approach? I am sure it will, but I wonder whether this is better or worse for the players? Anyone have any thoughts? I also wonder what it will mean for attendance? Friday nights at the Forum were packed and Saturday afternoons, not so much.

In any event, I am looking forward to the start of the season and the beginning of a new conference.
              Looks like they decided to take the mascac approach and eliminate hotel rooms this way.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Preseason poll
                1. Endicott (7 1st place votes)
                2. Salve Regina (3)
                3. University of New England
                4. Nichols
                5. Wentworth
                6. Suffolk
                7. Curry
                8. Johnson & Wales
                9. Becker
                10. Western New England

Top 8 make the playoffs (2/25 -> 3/4)
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Preseason poll
                  1. Endicott (7 1st place votes)
                  2. Salve Regina (3)
                  3. University of New England
                  4. Nichols
                  5. Wentworth
                  6. Suffolk
                  7. Curry
                  8. Johnson & Wales
                  9. Becker
                  10. Western New England

Top 8 make the playoffs (2/25 -> 3/4)
                  Very interesting poll. It would appear that Endicott loaded up in the off season, and Salve has a good core to build on. Looking forward tot he start of the season with UNE and Endicott opening up in the Forum at Biddeford. Let the games begin... please!

Comment

I was concerned about UNE leaving the NEHC for the CCC, only because I was really used to the teams that were in that league. I really think that there seems to be a commitment from most of the CCC schools to upgrade their programs. This could be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                      I was concerned about UNE leaving the NEHC for the CCC, only because I was really used to the teams that were in that league. I really think that there seems to be a commitment from most of the CCC schools to upgrade their programs. This could be fun!
                      Nichols was a 20 plus win team two years ago. UNE became a very solid team over past two years and would have been a contender for NEHC title this year most likely. Endicott is putting a lot of resources into it and I bet will soon be a regularly top 15 ranked team.

The CCC will most definitely be a solid conference.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Nichols was a 20 plus win team two years ago. UNE became a very solid team over past two years and would have been a contender for NEHC title this year most likely. Endicott is putting a lot of resources into it and I bet will soon be a regularly top 15 ranked team.

The CCC will most definitely be a solid conference.
                        Hopefully Endicott and UNE's success will also encourage the others to move in the direction of on-campus facilities. Obviously it would be a tall order for some of them, but it'd be neat to see. Curry manages their own rink, but its off campus and apparently the community isn't super happy with Curry's management so who knows for how much longer.
                        Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                        University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                          Hopefully Endicott and UNE's success will also encourage the others to move in the direction of on-campus facilities. Obviously it would be a tall order for some of them, but it'd be neat to see. Curry manages their own rink, but its off campus and apparently the community isn't super happy with Curry's management so who knows for how much longer.
                          Academic buildings first then facilities. This is not the SEC .
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Thank You to the person that posted this forum and to all who will contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Academic buildings first then facilities. This is not the SEC .
                              I forgot. Division III is a collection of schools that never realized you can have both...
                              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Working...
                              X