Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    What is a little scary is that the F talent may only diminish after this year. They will lose Kunin, Besse and perhaps Frederic and not replace them with equal or greater talent (Baker/Mersch/Becker). This could be THE year if they can solidify the D and G. The following year they will have improved D & G, so they won't need quite as much firepower anyway, so next year could be THE year as well. Do I smell back to back titles?
    I don't see Fredric being a one and done despite his first round draft status. However, If Hughes were to see another jump in his production (I doubt he can double it like he did from frosh to soph seasons) which is quite possible if he continues to play with Besse and Kunin, I'm not sure Boston will risk letting him get to his senior year and potentially wait them out until the fall after his senior year to become a free agent ala....Schultz, Wheeler, Vesey.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
      I don't see Fredric being a one and done despite his first round draft status. However, If Hughes were to see another jump in his production (I doubt he can double it like he did from frosh to soph seasons) which is quite possible if he continues to play with Besse and Kunin, I'm not sure Boston will risk letting him get to his senior year and potentially wait them out until the fall after his senior year to become a free agent ala....Schultz, Wheeler, Vesey.
      Excellent point. So we should hope for a very good year from Hughes, but not an exceptional one then.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Rockwood transferring to Northern Michigan.
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Excellent point. So we should hope for a very good year from Hughes, but not an exceptional one then.
          No, no, no... We want a Hobey top 10 year from Hughes who will then listen to Blake about how awesome it is to come back for your senior year and take home the hardware and become a free agent.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            Rockwood transferring to Northern Michigan.
            I read where Granato released Rockwood along with a few other players. Does he still have to sit out a year to follow transfer rules? Or does that change when the school releases the player.

Also wondering what kind of player the Cats can expect to see.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
              I read where Granato released Rockwood along with a few other players. Does he still have to sit out a year to follow transfer rules? Or does that change when the school releases the player.

Still has to sit out one year, the release allows Rockwood to get scholarship money during the transfer year.

Comment

He also will be redshirting this year.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                  Still has to sit out one year, the release allows Rockwood to get scholarship money during the transfer year.
                  Thanks for the info.

Comment

Reading this thread the last couple of years has been downright depressing.
                    Sure is good to see the Badger faithful expressing positive views of the upcoming season.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

He put up some awesome numbers in the bchl. He's got a little flash in him. He was a little too pass first type of a player, but that can be fixed. At times he was slotted in the top 2 lines as a fr and soph. He had some injury issues and he has a medical condition that was a problem but from what I understand is under control. I was sad to see him leave. I wish Adam all the best and I hope he's a great player for NMU and puts up fantastic numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        Reading this thread the last couple of years has been downright depressing.
                        Sure is good to see the Badger faithful expressing positive views of the upcoming season.
                        It sure does feel good. That was a foggy black cloud period the last 2 years. There's no reason why we should doubt G2O can't get UW into position to be a perennial top 10 team (unless all these 13-16 yr old recruits end up being duds 3-4 years from now).

Comment

(unless all these 13-16 yr old recruits end up being duds 3-4 years from now).
                          Upon reading about the lads I am quite confident they will have standout college seasons. I'm seeing multiple Hobeys and multiple trophies going into the case.

Comment

Moving this over from the recruiting thread, as an aside from talk about how other teams may try to do anti-UW negative recruiting:

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            I think it's safe to say that negative recruiting against WI has ended. I don't think there IS a negative!
                            "Those coaches won't be there that long, TG will be back in the NHL as a H/C someday, DG and Oz will also want to be H/C's, they both are H/C material. I'll be here forever" tDon....
                            Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            TDon and others may push that angle but I think TG considers Wisconsin a permanent stop
                            Time will tell how long we have TG. Even if not, I think that we're covered. If he wants to stay and eventually DG and/or Oz go elsewhere, then so be it. We're still ahead of where we thought we'd be on the coaching front considering that we never envisioned TG as an option and therefore it's still an improvement no matter how many of DG and Oz want to stick around as assistants.

If he wants to leave and DG and/or Oz want to be head coaches, we've got the job that they want the most, and we're (at worst) in the position that we thought was an ideal scenario in the first weeks after Eaves was fired.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Interesting development in the UW Badgers media world

Looks like we may have regained a credible voice in the world of UW Hockey reporting

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                                Interesting development in the UW Badgers media world

Looks like we may have regained a credible voice in the world of UW Hockey reporting
                                absolutely great news as Todd is top notch.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X