Beer at NCAA Baseball finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer at NCAA Baseball finals

The NCAA is finally allowing beer to be sold at their event, they state this is a trial and could lead to more at other venues.......who would guess that college kids drink beer !!!!

Re: Beer at NCAA Baseball finals

Or, they know that it's baseball and thus, alcohol is needed to get through 3 hours of that.

Comment

It has been hypocritical for a number of years now. Outside Amalie Arena, the NCAA Frozen Fest sells 20oz. cans of Bud for $14, but doesn't let the venue sell beer inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        It has been hypocritical for a number of years now. Outside Amalie Arena, the NCAA Frozen Fest sells 20oz. cans of Bud for $14, but doesn't let the venue sell beer inside.
        Unless you are in a luxury box or club level seating (we had club level seats - free food and alcohol, was well worth it). But yeah, hypocritical. That's generally been the policy in the B1G 10 for all sports. However, I believe that Ohio St is going to allow beer sales at football this year?

Badger games are ridiculous/hypocritical too. As my friend says, the do-gooders can't have the students getting drunk and walking back to the dorms or apartments from the rink; but, it's OK for the old snobs to get hammered in their luxury boxes, hop in their Mercedes and drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          The NCAA? Hypocritical? The organization that says the old North Dakota nickname and logo is bad and won't allow it at their events, but that'll allow the 2017 Frozen Four in an arena plastered with a virtually identical logo? Hypocritical? Nah.

Public notice: If your cynicism meter didn't peg after that, have it checked.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            The NCAA is finally allowing beer to be sold at their event, they state this is a trial and could lead to more at other venues.......who would guess that college kids drink beer !!!!
            The NCAA mentioned this possibility when asked at the 2015 FF. And it likely has less to do with college kids who can and do drink (a small subset $ of attending fans) and more to do with adults who drink (a much large subset $$$ of fans). One has to wonder if they will still not allow alcohol advertising in the arenas.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              One has to wonder if they will still not allow alcohol advertising in the arenas.
              Vendor: Want a beer?
              Customer: Sure. What kind do you have?
              Vendor: I can't show you ... no advertising allowed.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                Unless you are in a luxury box or club level seating (we had club level seats - free food and alcohol, was well worth it). But yeah, hypocritical. That's generally been the policy in the B1G 10 for all sports. However, I believe that Ohio St is going to allow beer sales at football this year?

Badger games are ridiculous/hypocritical too. As my friend says, the do-gooders can't have the students getting drunk and walking back to the dorms or apartments from the rink; but, it's OK for the old snobs to get hammered in their luxury boxes, hop in their Mercedes and drive home.
                SCSU added beer sales either this year or with the expansion to the NHC. They're now looking into expanding their offerings, but I don't know the details. They sent out some details in an email that I skimmed this past winter.

In the past, only schools whose teams played in off-campus venues could sell alcohol, based upon a State of MN law. As a result, SCSU and the Gophers couldn't sell any alcohol while the other D-I teams could because they all played off-campus. That law was amended or rescinded entirely. I don't know Goldy's plans for beer. They had been discussing a change to the rules, but I don't know if they ever made them.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  The NCAA mentioned this possibility when asked at the 2015 FF. And it likely has less to do with college kids who can and do drink (a small subset $ of attending fans) and more to do with adults who drink (a much large subset $$$ of fans). One has to wonder if they will still not allow alcohol advertising in the arenas.
                  What do you bet that if they do sell beer it will only be light beer. That's no better in my opinion. At UConn games they sell beer, wine, and hard liquor with no ill effects except that all the newbies to hockey don't know that you don't walk down to your seat when play is not dead.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                    I just got back from the first weekend at the CWS in Omaha, and I can put these rumors to a rest. No beer being sold. Just Coors Light, Miller Light, Bud Light and Leinie's Summer Shandy.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      I just got back from the first weekend at the CWS in Omaha, and I can put these rumors to a rest. No beer being sold. Just Coors Light, Miller Light, Bud Light and Leinie's Summer Shandy.
                      Eh, gotta start somewhere
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                      X