Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Thread VI

The 2016-17 WCHA composite Scheduled HERE

The good news for Gopher fans - BU has decided to stop ducking MN and decided to take their losses in December instead of March this coming season

Re: WCHA Thread VI

Love how our league threads are organized by Roman numerals -- an elitist approach normally reserved for Super Bowls. Let the arrogance flow!

On a more serious note, starting the new thread with a link to the composite schedule in Post #1 is a good idea. It'll be a handy reference. Thanks for doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      The 2016-17 WCHA composite Scheduled HERE

The good news for Gopher fans - BU has decided to stop ducking MN and decided to take their losses in December instead of March this coming season
      I guess in theory, BU could take their losses in December and March depending on how things shake out.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        Love how our league threads are organized by Roman numerals -- an elitist approach normally reserved for Super Bowls. Let the arrogance flow!

On a more serious note, starting the new thread with a link to the composite schedule in Post #1 is a good idea. It'll be a handy reference. Thanks for doing this.
        I debated naming it for the 16-17 season but decided this was separate from the thread we should have during the season. If WCHA fans would just stop commenting we wouldn't need to resort to Roman numerals!

Comment

Why start this before the previous thread is locked?

Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
            Why start this before the previous thread is locked?

Why ask why? Try Bud Dry! Catchy little motto there......

I'm excited UW gets to dispose of, er...um play Cornell and Clarkson.

Strongly considering a road trip St. Cloud for the opening games for UW.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Why ask why?
              Could just be me but I go back looking to reread a fair amount of material on a pretty regular basis. Multiple open threads makes that more laborious. I'm lazy.

Like trying to find something you know you read in a tOSU thread during the season...with a separate thread for every series. I've given up on a number of those attempts in the past without finding what I was looking for.
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Let me know if you see Maryanne Menefee if you go to St Cloud. Rumor that she is playing for the Huskies next year I think is still unconfirmed. If so, too bad Molly Illikainen is graduated. Those two on a line together could have been fun.

Comment

When you're at Cheel you can admire the only golden trophy East of Chicago.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    When you're at Cheel you can admire the only golden trophy East of Chicago.
                    I'm sure it looks nice all by itself. Leave it to the rodents to screw the deal up. I'd prefer if you said east of Lake Michigan, that word "Chicago" is a grotesque combination of letters that makes your eyes bleed, kinda like "Minnesota". Back to the Dr. I go. The scabs had healed nicely.....

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Could just be me but I go back looking to reread a fair amount of material on a pretty regular basis. Multiple open threads makes that more laborious. I'm lazy.

Like trying to find something you know you read in a tOSU thread during the season...with a separate thread for every series. I've given up on a number of those attempts in the past without finding what I was looking for.
                      The old thread looked tired and unloved

Comment

Not a bad idea if you are interested in seeing a blow out
                        They return a lot of players
                        Problem is, no real goal scorer, and inexperience in goal
                        It’ll be baptism by fire whomever the Huskie goalie is

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                          Not a bad idea if you are interested in seeing a blow out
                          They return a lot of players
                          Problem is, no real goal scorer, and inexperience in goal
                          It’ll be baptism by fire whomever the Huskie goalie is
                          1-0 or 10-0, I love those wins equally, but I would enjoy the 10-0 more. It would be fun to sieve a inexperienced goalie in her home rink in her debut. Last year they were tough at home, UW won 2-0 and 5-0. UW won at home 3-0 & 3-0, so St. Cloud can play some D against UW, but the goalie experience issue could widen the gap in the scoring.

Comment

Obviously the cream is still floating on top in the WCHA but it appears some of the others have made some nice upgrades as well. Could we see a little more parody in the conference in several years?

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
                              Obviously the cream is still floating on top in the WCHA but it appears some of the others have made some nice upgrades as well. Could we see a little more parody in the conference in several years?
                              Only when Munnesota plays Union.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X