The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Nice weekend sweep which was expected but not always the case with this program. They have stayed hungry and it showed this weekend. On to Robert Morris another weekend that should be good for results.

Comment

Up to #11 in the USCHO poll. First among the four ranked Big 10 teams.
      Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
      University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
        Up to #11 in the USCHO poll. First among the four ranked Big 10 teams.
        And 3rd in RPI & Pairwise and I'm going to say we're really #2 because they have Dartmouth at #2 but they've only played one game!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          And 3rd in RPI & Pairwise and I'm going to say we're really #2 because they have Dartmouth at #2 but they've only played one game!
          Hey, that one game was a win against TTUN. Let them have their moment

Comment

Well we play Robert Morris tomorrow and their record thus far seems mediocre to me. Hopefully we continue playing the way we have done all season and come out of the gate hard and fast and set the pace of the game to suit us.
            I look forward immensely to being there to see it tomorrow but sadly can't make the trip for game two.
            GO BUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
              Hey, that one game was a win against TTUN. Let them have their moment
              Someone must have heard me. LOL! We ARE at #2 now in both. Meant to post this several days ago.

Comment

Well THAT was an embarrassment! Robert Morris has more than a few players with size and they played a physical game taking us off the puck.
                So many times in the 1st we had guys in position to make great shots but whoever had the puck at the moment never saw them or they were trying to set something else up instead of taking what opportunity was presenting.
                We also did not do well on our passing the puck up ice in the neutral zone.
                The killer was we gave them goals on PP's and 2 on 1 rushes up ice.
                I will give RM that their goaltender was solid and they did a really good job of tying up our sticks in front of the net taking away many scoring opportunities.
                I can only hope we return the favor on RM's home ice tomorrow!

Comment

Yup, there was the OSU team of the past we all know and love. Credit to Robert Morris. They made some great shots and kept us from getting practically any clean shots all night long. We couldn't keep the puck in the offensive zone for more than 20 seconds at a time, and struggled just as much when trying to get it out of our zone. More than a few times our guys would start skating up ice before they had full control of the puck and ended up leaving it behind them. At the end of the day we were just plain old out-played. No offence to RMU, but that shouldn't be happening in this series. Hopefully we can turn things around tomorrow so that we don't take too big a hit in the rankings.

Comment

Well disappointing for sure but let this be a lesson learned never take a team for granted. This team will bounce back tomorrow im sure of it. You cant win them all and how they come back from a home loss like this will tell us about the character of this team. They havent faced any adversity yet this year until now

Comment

I would hope they didn't take RM for granted as everyone knows in this sport any team can win on a given night if you give them the means to do so. Taking ANY team for granted will surely come back to bite you in the a*s!

Comment

Buckeyes winning 4-3 in tonight's game, third period starting now. Hope they can finish this one the right way.
                        Last edited by osualum86; 11-05-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Loss and a Tie is not what i expected from this weekend. Move on to Uconn

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            Loss and a Tie is not what i expected from this weekend. Move on to Uconn
                            No question about it, this was definitely a step backward with a loss and a tie vs RMU. Hope this isn't the start of a bad stretch. Better figure stuff out soon. No excuse for losses and ties vs sub-.500 teams.

Comment

They have GOT to clean up that slop they call a power play. They need to either speed up their cycling considerably or send the wings in and start raining shots from the blue line and tap in any rebounds if you don't get the goaltender screened.

Comment

Didn't get to watch the game so I can't really speak about it but ya, definitely a disappointing weekend for this team. I'll be really interested to see them take on a Hockey East team next week. UConn has sort of been hard to read so far this year. They've shown flashes of real talent, but have struggled to put away teams they should have beaten. Hopefully we shake this weekend off and give them all they can handle.

Comment

Working...
                                X