Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    He was there with the team, he just didn't dress. He was in the stands with the other scratches.
    Ok i didnt see his name on the line chart so i thought he didnt go

Comment

Still at #19 in USCHO poll but 2 places out of USA Coaches poll behind Northeastern.
      Apparently a tie with unranked Miami did not impress the coaches. Just not feeling the love.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Still at #19 in USCHO poll but 2 places out of USA Coaches poll behind Northeastern.
        Apparently a tie with unranked Miami did not impress the coaches. Just not feeling the love.
        Rightly so. A tie vs an unranked team is not going to be seen favorably in the polls, nor should it ever be. We should have taken care of business against Miami and Air Force. This team should be 3-0 right now. Take care of business on the ice and the rankings will come.

Comment

Contract extension for Steve Rohlik through the 2020-2021 season signed yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            Contract extension for Steve Rohlik through the 2020-2021 season signed yesterday
            With a team that should challenge for an NCAA Tournament berth, we'll see this season if that was the right move or not.

Comment

I'll be interested to see how much of a boost we get in the rankings this week for the sweep. On the one hand I think BG is better than their record, on the other hand, they're 0-5-1 and that just doesn't look good. Either way, we're 3-0-2 and heading into (what should be) the easiest part of our schedule. Things are looking good.
              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

And with Minnesota getting swept they certainly aren't invulnerable. We could do well this year.
                At least Saturday Tompkins looked more comfortable in net as he gave up FAR fewer rebounds than he did at BG on Friday!

Comment

This week we will see if this team is different they go on the road against an opponent that they should beat. If they are different then the wins keep coming.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                    This week we will see if this team is different they go on the road against an opponent that they should beat. If they are different then the wins keep coming.
                    Niagara hasn't won a game yet. They are 0-3-2. This weekend should be a sweep.

Comment

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Up to #15 in the rankings. There are now three Big 10 teams in the top fifteen (still none in the top ten though).

Comment

Up to #15 in the rankings. There are now three Big 10 teams in the top fifteen (still none in the top ten though).
                        That's in the USCHO poll, we're #14 in the USA poll which is the one that matters.

Comment

For those interested here's the link to the pay per view streaming for this weekends games at Niagara.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/niagarahockey/

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            That's in the USCHO poll, we're #14 in the USA poll which is the one that matters.
                            Hahaha why because it has us higher? I always use the USCHO poll. I don't think one really matters more than the other. When games are TV though I think they generally use the USCHO poll.

Comment

Hahaha why because it has us higher? I always use the USCHO poll. I don't think one really matters more than the other. When games are TV though I think they generally use the USCHO poll.
                              In the Pairwise & RPI we are 4th in both. That placement is more relevant as they are key components used by the NCAA for tournament selection if you don't have the conference's automatic bid.
                              You can say it's too early for it to matter yet but I think it's beneficial for us to be a statistically superior team as a motivational factor, a useful tool for the coaching staff and if we stay high, a recruiting tool for a successful season.
                              Plus I just like seeing us ranked high in anything because it makes me feel good!
                              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-24-2016, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Gameday at Niagara. We all know we should win this series but I won't set the jinx saying we will win it.
                                I hope the team will go in there with the attitude of pedal to the metal as we all know when as a player you think you will have an easy time with a team, that's when things go wrong and it blows up in your face!

Comment

Working...
                                X