The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Missed the end of the game last night. Nothing better than waking up to an upset of the #3 team in the country, BC losing, and TTUN losing their home opener to an unranked team. Life is good. Go Bucks!
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
      Missed the end of the game last night. Nothing better than waking up to an upset of the #3 team in the country, BC losing, and TTUN losing their home opener to an unranked team. Life is good. Go Bucks!
      It did make a nice start to the morning..... :-)

Comment

Tough loss in the shootout. After beating Denver yesterday and learning that Air Force would be our opponent I was sure we had this one. Air Force came to play though and they deserve all the credit in the world. Still, I think the takeaways from this weekend are very positive for us. An upset over the #3 team in the country and a tough come from behind effort to earn a tie tonight is a good way to start the season I think.

Comment

I had a major concern this weekend and it was realized, can we be disciplined enough this season to not give the opponent a lot of power plays?
          So far apparently not!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            I had a major concern this weekend and it was realized, can we be disciplined enough this season to not give the opponent a lot of power plays?
            So far apparently not!
            Glancing around at other threads it seems the number of penalties we saw during the exhibition games are going to be the norm this season. Its not just us.

Comment

Nice weekend of hockey for this team. It was sloppy at times but thats a given this early in the year. They showed some grit both nights first on Friday at the end they were gassed and found a way to finish it off. Saturday they showed grit in the 3rd trailing by 2 scoring early only to have it waved off and then getting 2 to tie it. They do need to stay out of the box but the game was called very tight both nights and for each team. Impressed with both goalies Frey made some great saves both nights and Tommy coming in stone cold to shut the door in the 3rd on Saturday night. Now time to go to Oxford and break that losing streak to Miami.

Comment

My question looking ahead to Miami next weekend what about Frey? The play by play guys said he didn't return due to injury but gave no details. From what little I could tell from the audio it may not have happened in the AF game.
                I saw him Friday get pushed back awkwardly in the Denver game. I'm thinking he may have got a tweak and it started to worsen in the Saturday game.

Comment

Tough loss in the shootout. After beating Denver yesterday and learning that Air Force would be our opponent I was sure we had this one. Air Force came to play though and they deserve all the credit in the world. Still, I think the takeaways from this weekend are very positive for us. An upset over the #3 team in the country and a tough come from behind effort to earn a tie tonight is a good way to start the season I think.
                  Let me say this about Air Force they play hard and forecheck very hard it gave both Oho State and BC trouble both nights. That goalie they have played his butt off and deserved the MOP.

Comment

Coach has been give a 2 year extension so he is tied up until 2020

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      Really wish they had waited till later in the season to make a decision...

Comment

Really wish they had waited till later in the season to make a decision...
                        Many times this is done in these timeframes in order to aid in recruiting.
                        A coach with a future at a school is in a much more solid position with recruits than one who may be gone before they get here.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                          2year? I heard it was extended to 2021. Not a big deal either way IMO. I think there should have been more time to figure out how this season is going to go. This should be his make or break year.

At least we started the season off right. We beat Denver but the inability of off ice officials to actually read the rules gets us the loss in the SO. The shootout was supposed to be a typical 3 shot not immediate sudden death. The off ice officials read the rules incorrectly. of course the on ice officials spent the game trying to give AF the win.

I haven't had the chance to see a replay of that 10 second goal that got waived off but it happened right in front of me. Goalie never had a chance to be able to make that play and there was zero interference.

A couple players were pretty invisible and hopefully Gust gets the bench. Too lazy to chase behind the net and just let them walk in. The power play looked strong. The bigger issue is our typical inconsistency is showing up again. 2-5 minutes of strong play followed by 15 of just slop, slow changes, dump and no chase, and nobody hunting the crease.

Let's celebrate being in 1st place pairwise for a week and take that confidence into beating Miami. The next couple weeks are a string of tough games.

Comment

Originally posted by LunarOhio View Post
                            Let's celebrate being in 1st place pairwise for a week and take that confidence into beating Miami.
                            And #1 in RPI as well!

Comment

Where is the announcement about the contract extension at? Didn't see it on Ohio State's official page or their FB page.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Where is the announcement about the contract extension at? Didn't see it on Ohio State's official page or their FB page.
                                Gene Smith says no reason to toot our own horn and wont release it at this time. I got this from a very reliable source inside the program

Comment

Working...
                                X