The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Season tickets arrived today! Getting close!

Comment

Article from the Lantern on the Captains' hopes for the upcoming season.
      Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
      University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

B1G coaches pick the Puck Bucks to finish second in the league. Now let's see if we can get off to something better than a 1-13 start this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
          B1G coaches pick the Puck Bucks to finish second in the league. Now let's see if we can get off to something better than a 1-13 start this season.
          Hoping for a strong start, but regardless of how we do in the first half, this year should be our best shot at a conference title in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
            Hoping for a strong start, but regardless of how we do in the first half, this year should be our best shot at a conference title in a while.
            I agree with the coaches picks. If this team is ever going to win a title this is the year. They have way to much talent not to contend.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
              The first part of the schedule is tough but they should be able to come out of the first 5 games no worse than 2-3

Comment

I wish we had a couple of big defensemen. Larocque is the heaviest at 202 but I think we need a pair of guys at least 215 or even 225+.
                Guys who would be unmovable in puck battles along the boards or could make others move.
                And when you saw these type of players coming at you for the hit you know you WILL feel it. That's the stuff that gets in the heads of your opponents!

Comment

Interviews with Schilkey, Brevig and Coach Rohlik previewing this weekend's exhibition game against Wilfrid Laurier.

Comment

Gameday!

Comment

Well I thought we looked VERY good in our 9-2 win. It seems we kept our chemistry over the off season which means we could do very well next weekend in Denver.
                      How well do you think we'd get noticed for rankings if we swept Denver & BC?

Comment

No doubt we'd be ranked if we beat both Denver and BC. Maybe even jump into the top 10, but that might be a stretch. Overall I thought we looked pretty good. I do wish we would do a little less cycling and a little more attacking the net. Things seem to go much better for us when we do.

Comment

Has anyone figured out the TV coverage for next weekend?

Comment

I thought we looked pretty good today. I know it was just an exhibition game, but I have seen us struggle in these exhibition games in the past. I saw a lot of good things out there today. As Hockeyebuckeye alluded to, we appear to have pretty good chemistry out there. I may have missed something, but I did not notice any breakdowns on D like we have seen in the past. Wilfred Laurier got a couple of goals, but the first one was sort of flukey (appeared to deflect in off one of our players or maybe it was one of their players), and the second one was on a power play. I know we are not going to score 9 goals every game, but it's hard to not be stoked about our offensive potential when we have that many weapons. If we can get solid goaltending from Frey and/or Tompkins, and they get decent support in front of them, there's no reason this team should not make a serious push for an NCAA Tournament berth.

Comment

I did find out Friday's game can be seen on Dish Network Channel 413 and Direct TV channel 681 IF you have those channels in your subscription.
                              For those of us with TW, we're screwed.
                              There may be paid streaming yet to be announced.

Comment

Big win for the Buckeye icers earlier tonight as they take down Denver by a final score of 3-2. Goals were scored by Matthew Weis, Matt Joyaux, and John Wiitala. Christian Frey stopped 33 of the 35 shots he faced in net. Nice start to the season for the Bucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X