X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Feeling better now?
    Much better, thank you. Honestly, we are all speculating about how many games we need to win in this thing to make the NCAA Tournament, but I think we can win this thing and not have to worry about watching the scoreboards. If not, though, let's at least win tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
      I was a little nervous there for a second, but good win. One down, two to go.
      I was nervous for two periods, although it was kind of a roller coaster. I was stoked when we jumped out to a 2-0 lead, then we let Michigan State score 3 unanswered goals. That 3-2 score stood until late in the second period, which made me nervous. Then, when Kearney tied it up late in the second period and I exhaled. I thought to myself, ok, we have it tied. Now go out and win this thing in the third period. Gust came up big early in the third. Kudos to him for stepping up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I'm a little nervous about Brevig. He took a shot to the same thumb he got two pins in after the Penn State game!
        Has anyone heard anything about Brevig?

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          You'd probably have to be in Detroit to be able to talk to someone who knows unless someone has Herbie's cell #?

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            Ill be there all 3 days hoping to see a repeat of 2004.
            So let me ask you since no one answered on the B1G thread.
            I assume you were there since you said you were going, did the ushers even come close to caring about people sitting in their proper seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Just saw drew he has a soft cast on his thumb said it was broke again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                So let me ask you since no one answered on the B1G thread.
                I assume you were there since you said you were going, did the ushers even come close to caring about people sitting in their proper seats?
                Really can't answer that I sat in the upper bowl no one bothered me

Comment

I see we're chasing the game again, down 1-0 at the end of the first period. Just thought I would stop by to comment about it because it seemed to work yesterday.

Comment

Really can't answer that I sat in the upper bowl no one bothered me
                    Considering you were probably alone I can understand that.

Comment

I see we're chasing the game again, down 1-0 at the end of the first period. Just thought I would stop by to comment about it because it seemed to work yesterday.
                      Even though they were behind and the game was played at the pace Wisconsin likes I thought they were ok. They had chances just couldn't hurry them in the first. Second period Wisconsin controlled most of the play but Ohio state cashed in that PP to tie it. This game looks like the game at MSG did.

Comment

Just saw drew he has a soft cast on his thumb said it was broke again.
                        That's just great! When I want us to catch some breaks in a game that's NOT the kind I'm talking about!

Comment

Even though they were behind and the game was played at the pace Wisconsin likes I thought they were ok. They had chances just couldn't hurry them in the first. Second period Wisconsin controlled most of the play but Ohio state cashed in that PP to tie it. This game looks like the game at MSG did.
                          Well, this season is over. We're down to 15th in the PairWise, so with the WCHA and Atlantic Hockey Champions taking the 15th and 16th spots, we're done. Sorry, and I know I am going to get jumped on (not by you Klbaum1077, but others), but this team underachieved, big-time. This team had way too much talent to set out the NCAA Tournament this season and watch 16 other teams play for a title. I hope the guys that are coming back watch it and realize that getting to the NCAA takes hard work in addition to talent. There were too many periods taken off this season, as well as too many losses to teams we had no business losing to. Gonna be a long offseason. Next year's group, which will have plenty of talent, needs to decide how they want to be remembered. Will they want to be remembered as the group that finally got this program to the next level, or will they just continue the underachievement. It's up to them. All this team had to do was beat a struggling Wisconsin team that was 4-6 in their last ten games and they're probably in the NCAA Tournament. Instead, they laid an egg. For whatever reason, Wisconsin's guys wanted this more than our guys. Now, instead of practicing for an upcoming NCAA Tournament appearance, they'll be turning in their equipment Monday.
                          Last edited by osualum86; 03-17-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Well, this season is over. We're down to 15th in the PairWise, so with the WCHA and Atlantic Hockey Champions taking the 15th and 16th spots, we're done. Sorry, and I know I am going to get jumped on (not by you Klbaum1077, but others), but this team underachieved, big-time. This team had way too much talent to set out the NCAA Tournament this season and watch 16 other teams play for a title. I hope the guys that are coming back watch it and realize that getting to the NCAA takes hard work in addition to talent. There were too many periods taken off this season, as well as too many losses to teams we had no business losing to. Gonna be a long offseason. Next year's group, which will have plenty of talent, needs to decide how they want to be remembered. Will they want to be remembered as the group that finally got this program to the next level, or will they just continue the underachievement. It's up to them. All this team had to do was beat a struggling Wisconsin team that was 4-6 in their last ten games and they're probably in the NCAA Tournament. Instead, they laid an egg. For whatever reason, Wisconsin's guys wanted this more than our guys. Now, instead of practicing for an upcoming NCAA Tournament appearance, they'll be turning in their equipment Monday.
                            Think you still get in with both Wisconsin and BC losing.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Think you still get in with both Wisconsin and BC losing.
                              Yes they get in if both lose

Comment

flip just one of the losses or ties and this team is in a much better place tonight. Really aggravating to think they let those two games slip away to the Michigan schools or even that blown 3-0 lead to Minnesota. Just goes to show all games matter even games played in October and November.

Comment

Working...
                                X