The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Well right now I think we're in. A win in Detroit would make me feel a lot better, but this team is night and day from where we were a year ago. As I mentioned before some times its hard to keep perspective. This team was coming off back-to-back losing seasons, and here we are at the end of the regular season, with 20 wins (including multiple wins over top-10 ranked teams) and sitting in (for now) position to earn an at-large bid to the tournament. I'm really hopeful and optimistic that we can keep this thing rolling, but no matter how things turn out next week I think we should all be really happy about what this team has done this year.
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Well if we get past Michigan State on Thursday then we'd have a rematch with Wisconsin on Friday. Could be interesting.

Comment

Well that su*cks! We play the early game Thursday and if we advance it's the early game again Friday. So much for catching it all on TV!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
          Well right now I think we're in. A win in Detroit would make me feel a lot better, but this team is night and day from where we were a year ago. As I mentioned before some times its hard to keep perspective. This team was coming off back-to-back losing seasons, and here we are at the end of the regular season, with 20 wins (including multiple wins over top-10 ranked teams) and sitting in (for now) position to earn an at-large bid to the tournament. I'm really hopeful and optimistic that we can keep this thing rolling, but no matter how things turn out next week I think we should all be really happy about what this team has done this year.
          Great sweep. Put me in the column.

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Well that su*cks! We play the early game Thursday and if we advance it's the early game again Friday. So much for catching it all on TV!
          Although if we can make to Saturday, that little bit of extra rest Friday evening could be valuable...

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            Great team victory tonight. Moved up to 14 and another win tomorrow would put them in a nice spot come Detroit. A win tomorrow also locks up 3rd place and a date with the Spartans on Thursday.
            The PairWise really is strange sometimes. We moved up to 14th after Friday night's win, then just stayed there even after sweeping last night. Go figure.

Comment

I think as long as we take care of business against Michigan State, we should be in. If we win that first one, then knock off Wisconsin in the BIG Ten semi-final and get to the BIG Ten Title Game, I think we are definitely in, and that is all it takes ... just get there! Providence proved in 2015 that all you have to do is get in. There have been other underdogs in the past that have gotten hot and won it all. It just takes four wins, but we have to get there. As for the being happy with what the team has done this year, I think it's good that they have won 20 games and regardless of what happens next weekend, they will have a winning season, but with the talent level on this team, this should be an NCAA season. If this team would have taken care of business this season against inferior teams, we would already be a lock for the NCAA Tournament. Too many times this season we let teams below us in the PairWise outwork us and beat us. Reminds me of the old sports adage ... 'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.' We've been the poster child for that phrase this season. I am just really glad we are headed to Detroit for these games as we have done a poor job of protecting our ice. For whatever reason, we are much better on the road than we are at home. I like our chances next weekend to win a game or two and get into the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

So who's going to Detroit?
                Lot of memories from the CCHA era and the last time to see them play in the Joe.
                I was there when we won our title in 2004 and would relish seeing it again in 2016.
                I can only go if we advance to Saturday, how about you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  The PairWise really is strange sometimes. We moved up to 14th after Friday night's win, then just stayed there even after sweeping last night. Go figure.
                  I hate to say it but technically speaking we're actually 15th since they have Cornell and Providence tied for 11th.

Comment

I hate to say it but technically speaking we're actually 15th since they have Cornell and Providence tied for 11th.
                    Actually, we are 14th because if you look again, there is no 12th place team in the PairWise for the reason you have mentioned (two teams tied for 11th). Just a technicality, though. Bottom line, we have to win more games, and there is no reason why we shouldn't. This team has too much talent to set home and watch 16 other teams play for an NCAA Title. They have proven that all season with several wins over top ten teams.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      Actually, we are 14th because if you look again, there is no 12th place team in the PairWise for the reason you have mentioned (two teams tied for 11th).
                      Thanks, that one slipped by me.

Comment

Cheer for Casey Jones and Clarkson today. If they beat Cornell then the Buckeyes move up to 13.

Comment

So who's going to Detroit?
                          Lot of memories from the CCHA era and the last time to see them play in the Joe.
                          I was there when we won our title in 2004 and would relish seeing it again in 2016.
                          I can only go if we advance to Saturday, how about you guys?
                          Ill be there all 3 days hoping to see a repeat of 2004.

Comment

Most likely they will need 2 wins to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                              Cheer for Casey Jones and Clarkson today. If they beat Cornell then the Buckeyes move up to 13.
                              In my opinion we should have moved up to 12 with last night's win alone.

Comment

In my opinion we should have moved up to 12 with last night's win alone.
                                Like i said a while ago beating Wisconsin could be two fold. Yes they were ahead of Ohio State on Friday night and that win was weighted more but beating them moved Wisconsin below Ohio State and thus last night wasnt weighted as much.

Comment

Working...
                                X