Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    He launched and left his feet or didn't you see the ENTIRE picture?
    The only place in the rule book where launching and/or leaving your skates is discussed is in connection with direct contact to the head and in relation to determining whether to assign a game misconduct or disqualification penalty. Since there is no direct contact to the head, it's irrelevant in this case.

Odd situation with Healy. It's at least been several years since I've seen a play like that not result in a five plus game misconduct. Credit tOSU for killing the five, and then of course Healy gets the game tying goal in a game you end up losing anyway... But if the refs make the correct call and give him the gate, maybe the B1G leaves it alone and Healy is playing Friday. Perhaps in the end you guys get screwed over by not having him kicked out.
    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 01-31-2017, 08:19 AM.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      The only place in the rule book where launching and/or leaving your skates is discussed is in connection with direct contact to the head and in relation to determining whether to assign a game misconduct or disqualification penalty. Since there is no direct contact to the head, it's irrelevant in this case.

Odd situation with Healy. It's at least been several years since I've seen a play like that not result in a five plus game misconduct. Credit tOSU for killing the five, and then of course Healy gets the game tying goal in a game you end up losing anyway... But if the refs make the correct call and give him the gate, maybe the B1G leaves it alone and Healy is playing Friday. Perhaps in the end you guys get screwed over by not having him kicked out.
      Even if they did give Healy a game I think he does get suspended because of his prior history with hits like that. I do think the hit by the Wisconsin player should have been 5 minutes he hit him in the neck which I have seen Healy get 5 minutes before.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Sorry. Forgot I was among tOSU people for a moment and these things need to be explained slowly. If you put the little arrow thingy over the blue sentence I wrote and press the button on your mouse ===> Prepare to be amazed! It transports you directly to a gif of the replay!
        Thanks for the link (LOL)! I guess it looked worse Saturday. Watching the replay, it's mostly shoulder to shoulder. As I have said a couple times now, I don't think calls by the refs had a bearing in our team losing this game. I think it was more about our team not showing up for 58 minutes Saturday and the first 20 Thursday.

Comment

Well Ohio State should have played all 3 periods like they did the 3rd but can the B1G officiating get any worse? How can you grab the puck off your goalie and throw it out of the crease and not be a penalty and the worse was the call and ejection of Dakota! He clearly played the puck with no chance of the Michigan player regaining it and he gets the call when the guy falls over him??!!

Comment

I didn't see the entire game, so I cannot comment on the calls, but this team continues to **** away a shot at the NCAA Tournament and there's no excuse for it. Splitting with a Michigan team that, to this point, had only won one BIG Ten game (1-6-1 league record going into tonight), is likely going to drop us out of the PairWise. We will now be in a position where we will have to win the BIG Ten Tournament to get an NCAA bid, and the way this team is melting down right now, that appears less likely than it did a few weeks back. There does not seem to be any discipline or accountability with this program, as evidenced by the continued painfully slow starts as well as repeatedly not playing a full sixty-minute game. I thought the team hit rock bottom after getting swept by Wisconsin last weekend, but I was wrong. Maybe another beatdown tomorrow night will finally get this team looking in the mirror and turning their season around. In past years, I might have been happy with a split at Ann Arbor. Not this season. This group is underachieving big-time right now.

Comment

I have to agree on the discipline, that "extra" hit by Weis and the subsequent goal on the PP was the difference in the game.
              Of course there will always be trash talk and paybacks on the ice but you should be smarter, if you want to put a hit on somebody there are plenty of opportunities in a game to deliver a legal one. He'll be in coach's doghouse for sure!

Comment

Also plenty of mistakes by the guys, the first two goals were from each of the Miller's allowing a player to get inside position on them close to the net. I can understand the freshman Miller getting burned like that but Kevin Miller's a junior and should know better.
                We acted like we were going to save all our energy for the last period and then light it up. Did it seem that way to anyone else?

Comment

They just can't keep waiting until the 3rd period to start playing. Frey actually played well. He had 22+ saves with more than half of the game still to play and we were still trailing 4-1. I wish we hadn't waited until the wheels had already come off before putting Schilkey in. I know he's hurt, but it was obvious after about 2 minutes that we were being badly outplayed and needed a spark. Maybe we'll get 'em back tomorrow night, but unless we can start the game in the 1st period rather than the 3rd I'm not going to hold my breath.
                  Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                  University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

There is a reason this is a 60 minute game and they decided to only play 20 of it. If they play like that for 60 minutes no one in this league can beat them. Poor Frey he was left out to dry on all of those 5 goals tonight. That was as lazy a 40 minutes as i have seen in a while. They werent moving feet which led to losing battles which led to Michgan goals. Miller(defensman) had a awful game he was responsible for 2 of the goals one he just flat out let a guy get between him and the net on a shot that went wide and the other one he just stood in front of frey which screened him. Stop *****ing about the Refs they are bad but Michigan got called for a horrible penalty earlier in the game. My only question on the tossing of the puck is was the puck in the net? Well on to tomorrow hope to see some of you after you arrive on the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      Stop *****ing about the Refs they are bad but Michigan got called for a horrible penalty earlier in the game.
                      Sorry, no can do until it gets better. I'm not only voicing my own opinion but the same of the former players of ours who I talk with after the games and summarize what we feel we saw.
                      Hopefully coach can lobby that the penalty on Dakota was unwarranted and maybe get him back for tomorrow - we need him!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Sorry, no can do until it gets better. I'm not only voicing my own opinion but the same of the former players of ours who I talk with after the games and summarize what we feel we saw.
                        Hopefully coach can lobby that the penalty on Dakota was unwarranted and maybe get him back for tomorrow - we need him!
                        Dakota only got a misconduct he will be in the line up today. I dont know what he said but i know he was pretty upset earlier in the game at a non call in the michigan zone and the ref wouldnt have nothing to do with him just waved him off like 3 times. The penalty by Weiss as you said was a killer and was no where near the play. Lets hope the play from the last 20 carries over to the full 60 today.

Comment

Just went back and watched every goal from last night and let me tell you it was sicking to watch. Frey can not be blamed for any of them. Poor guy should sue for support.

Comment

Agh! Wasn't able to snag tickets for tonight. Any particular highlights? Glad to get the W and stop this skid. I know U of M is a little off this year, but as far as I'm concerned anytime we can go into Yost and get a win it's a good night.
                            Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                            University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                              Agh! Wasn't able to snag tickets for tonight. Any particular highlights? Glad to get the W and stop this skid. I know U of M is a little off this year, but as far as I'm concerned anytime we can go into Yost and get a win it's a good night.
                              It wasnt pretty every Michigan goal was set up by a Buckeye mistake. The offense was there from the beginning tonight Schilkey was great Dakota was good but he has to stop with the crap almost taking a Power Play away in the first. Jobst had a great night 2 more goals. the Power play was outstanding 7 goals on the weekend and they out scored Michigan 7-0 in the 3rd period this weekend. On to Minnesota they are rolling so its going to have to be a 20 man effort each night.

Comment

That was a fun game. Our team drove me nuts with all the turnovers in their own zone, a couple of which ended up in the back of our net. I still think our puck management skills need to be worked on, but I will take the win and the three points. Would have been nice to get six points this weekend. The power play was 4/7 tonight, IIRC from the box score. Klbaum1077, hope you had a safe, uneventful trip home. That was my first trip to Yost and I was impressed with that atmosphere. I agree with you, need to be all hands on deck next weekend. We need to figure out the home ice issues (only 4-4-2 on home ice this season). Schilkey was great tonight. We really missed him the last few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X