Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    The problem is, Healey has a reputation for making stupid, dirty hits like that, so he is not going to get the benefit of the doubt. "
    As a Badger fan, when they showed him in the penalty box with the smug smile on his face after the hit - he was guilty as charged. If I were an OSU fan, I would have been upset that he had (basically) just taken 5 minutes off the clock for his team when they were down 1-0 with 13 minutes left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Zebra's hurt us again tonight, especially on allowing the winning goal.
      I'm not buying it, your second goal was scored by a guy who should've gotten the gate for a head targeting penalty earlier that period.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

From my understanding about 90% of the team were fairly sick the last 5 days or so. A nice welcome present from juniors.

Regardless, the score Thursday could have easily been 8-2 with so many open net tap in misses.

Saturday had some similar failures to finish. They should have been up a couple if not for just getting caught in desperate traffic down low.

We've definitely regressed into the old dump and chase style instead of the starting carry and shoot. You aren't winning games going from 6+gpa and 50+ shot average to sub 3 and sub 25. Too many attempts at fancy plays instead of just driving down the center. Every end to end carry got deep into the zone and got a halfway decent shot.

Badgers plays more like Miami than usual badgers. The fast pressure chasing us behind our own net style has been our weakness for years.

As usually the B1G reffing was sub par. Healy isn't going to get benefit of the doubt anymore. Too much a repeat offender. Winsc should have had one player ejected Thursday and suspended for fighting to carry over to Saturday but it happened so far behind the refs they weren't going to make that call. (Can someone explain the two player double minor from that? Is this anNCAA thing by sitting two players for a double)

Saturday wasn't quite as bad but close. The badger hit should have been a 5.

I hate to admit it but I don't think Frey was going to be able to make that save in OT even if he wasn't interfered with. Just came out at such a bad angle.

We have no choice but to sweep the next couple weeks. The firewall of wins has been cracked and some of our destiny in pairwise is now in the hands of other teams. No losses to Michigan and at least a split with Minnesota to stay in the bubble. At some point the lesson of every game being important both in and out of conference will be learned.

Comment

Originally posted by LunarOhio View Post
          As usually the B1G reffing was sub par. Healy isn't going to get benefit of the doubt anymore. Too much a repeat offender. Winsc should have had one player ejected Thursday and suspended for fighting to carry over to Saturday but it happened so far behind the refs they weren't going to make that call. (Can someone explain the two player double minor from that? Is this anNCAA thing by sitting two players for a double)
          I just couldn't figure out the officiating either and am still puzzled as to why they called the hit Healey did as interference? You would think they would call targeting, contact to the head or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            I'm not buying it, your second goal was scored by a guy who should've gotten the gate for a head targeting penalty earlier that period.
            The officiating was bad both games. Why wasn't the Badger player ejected Thursday for throwing punches with gloves off? I thought that was a mandatory toss him out, not discretionary by the refs?

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
              As a Badger fan, when they showed him in the penalty box with the smug smile on his face after the hit - he was guilty as charged. If I were an OSU fan, I would have been upset that he had (basically) just taken 5 minutes off the clock for his team when they were down 1-0 with 13 minutes left.
              Healey definitely earned that penalty and I wasn't happy with him taking that one at that point in the game. He is lucky the rest of the guys somehow killed that one off. OTOH, the Wisconsin player who targeted our kid's head should have gotten five as well. Need to call that stuff both ways.

Comment

We have no choice but to sweep the next couple weeks. The firewall of wins has been cracked and some of our destiny in pairwise is now in the hands of other teams. No losses to Michigan and at least a split with Minnesota to stay in the bubble. At some point the lesson of every game being important both in and out of conference will be learned.
                Couldn't agree more! We have now put ourselves in position where anything less than a sweep at Michigan and at least a split vs Minnesota will knock us out of the top 16 of the PairWise. At that point, it's win the BIG Ten Tournament or set home and watch the NCAA Tournament on tv instead of actually participating in it.

Comment

From my understanding about 90% of the team were fairly sick the last 5 days or so. A nice welcome present from juniors.
                  Was not aware of that. I knew Tanner was fighting it when he came back and I'm grateful I didn't catch it from him but limiting exposure by excluding him from practice would be ineffective when half these guys room together.
                  I realize we vent a lot about the team's shortcomings but often fail to remember there could be a number of factors at this point in the season that could be keeping a number of players from being 100%.
                  Perhaps the silver lining is we may have given the Badger players the same gift to deal with the next couple of weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    Was not aware of that. I knew Tanner was fighting it when he came back and I'm grateful I didn't catch it from him but limiting exposure by excluding him from practice would be ineffective when half these guys room together.
                    I realize we vent a lot about the team's shortcomings but often fail to remember there could be a number of factors at this point in the season that could be keeping a number of players from being 100%.
                    Perhaps the silver lining is we may have given the Badger players the same gift to deal with the next couple of weeks!
                    Yeah, maybe I should cut the players a little slack. I talked to someone close to the team yesterday and he said half the team is dealing with injuries or sickness. OTOH, we played well enough to tie the game in the last two minutes Saturday, so I am not sure the injuries or illnesses are a viable excuse. Why didn't we play that way for the other 58 minutes? Hopefully we get everyone healthy soon before the season slips away.

Comment

Healy suspended for Friday night

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        The officiating was bad both games. Why wasn't the Badger player ejected Thursday for throwing punches with gloves off? I thought that was a mandatory toss him out, not discretionary by the refs?
                        I didn't see it, but your guess is as good as mine.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Healey definitely earned that penalty and I wasn't happy with him taking that one at that point in the game. He is lucky the rest of the guys somehow killed that one off. OTOH, the Wisconsin player who targeted our kid's head should have gotten five as well. Need to call that stuff both ways.
                          Except Sexton doesn't hit McCormick in the head.

Here's a textbook example of "targeting" the head.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

You must have missed the replay as there was clear contact to the head. I'm not going to debate it as one call didn't decide the game anyway and our team should have played better.

Comment

You must have missed the replay as there was clear contact to the head. I'm not going to debate it as one call didn't decide the game anyway and our team should have played better.
                              Sorry. Forgot I was among tOSU people for a moment and these things need to be explained slowly. If you put the little arrow thingy over the blue sentence I wrote and press the button on your mouse ===> Prepare to be amazed! It transports you directly to a gif of the replay!
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

He launched and left his feet or didn't you see the ENTIRE picture?

Comment

Working...
                                X