Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Personally I thought Wilkins was worse than sheogs but when they were paired together it was a nightmare.
    And Piotrowski was their master and ringleader and HE'S head of B1G officiating now. Where's the justice?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      And Piotrowski was their master and ringleader and HE'S head of B1G officiating now. Where's the justice?
      Same crap, different league. We never got any calls in the CCHA and we certainly don't get any in the BIG Ten. Refs still calling games based on the name on the front of the sweater, just like they always have.

Comment

Anyone else think we should sweep this weekend vs Arizona State? I don't normally predict sweeps, but there's no excuse whatsoever to not take care of business this weekend vs a new division I program. Mrs 86 and I will be at the OSU Ice Rink watching the OSU Women take on Bemidji. I just wanted to bump this thread and get some conversation going on this weekend's games.

Comment

I don't have the box score in front of me, but the Buckeyes took care of business in game 1 against Arizona State by a final score of 6-1 earlier tonight.

Comment

It was a massacre for about ten minutes. We went up 4-0 very quickly and their starting goalie was benched. From then on it was a pretty even game though. Got a little chippy at the end, and we managed to bag another pair of goals, but I'm pretty sure the shots up on the scoreboard at the end of the game indicated that we were actually outshot by ASU by one. I don't know if that was edited after the game. We definitely had a few more penalties called on us than they did, at least early, but overall a pretty strong performance. Not super impressive considering the opponent (ASU has improved a lot recently to be fair), but this team can get away with playing an average/subpar fifty minutes when they're up by four after the first ten. Nice to see some solid offense and especially some more great goaltending from Frey.
            Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
            University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Dissapointing game today. I don't know if we were tired or what but we just didn't seem to be as quick as we normally are and lost a lot of battles. Didn't seem to be playing with much of a killer instinct. Credit to ASU for making adjustments after the 1st period of yesterday's game which carried over to today, but we still shouldn't be tying this team.
              Last edited by Buckeye22; 01-17-2017, 03:11 PM.
              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

ASU certainly had quite the emotional response after the win, you would think they won a title or something but good for them.
                If our guys don't like losing to a team they should have beaten then they need to get more in sync. I thought our overall effort and on ice chemistry looked off.
                They WILL pay for it in practice this week! They HAVE to be at their best in Penn State's barn next week to have a chance. Hope Schilkey is OK and be back at 100% next weekend. Need our scoring captain out there badly.
                And not to make excuses but did anybody else think our ice seemed funky again? The puck looked to be behaving badly out there and again players losing their edges going down more than they should.
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-14-2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I am really trying to "toe the company line" here and not get overly critical of this team and coaching staff, but when they can't stay focused and take care of business against a first-year varsity hockey program like they should, it's hard for me to buy in. Getting sick of reading the same stale excuses over and over again on the OSU website from a program that has this much talent and scoring. At this point in the season, there's no excuse to take shifts or periods off. Gonna drop in the polls for the third week in a row. The polls and the pairwise aren't going to set there and ignore a tie against an inferior team at home. These guys play like this next week and it will be ugly at Penn State.
                  Last edited by osualum86; 01-15-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Any word on Schilkey?

Comment

• It's big ten from here on out and if they are Going to get where they expect to be better more consistent play has to start on Friday night. Penn state is a much different team at home. Ohio state has to stay out of the box and keep them from getting to the net. You know they are Going to shoot from the locker room and parking lot so be prepared and clear the net. Offense is going to come but if Schilkey can't go others have to step in. It starts now come on guys get it done.

Comment

Dakota probably won't be cleared to play yet and since we don't have anyone of exceptional size we need to watch out for Penn State's two goons on the ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Dakota probably won't be cleared to play yet and since we don't have anyone of exceptional size we need to watch out for Penn State's two goons on the ice.
                          Did he have a concussion?

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            Did he have a concussion?
                            No, he feels fine but he had an illness that's considered contagious and not uncommon among high school and college age kids so he's not allowed to participate for several weeks. Not certain when he was diagnosed so don't know when the wait is up. I think he'll be cleared sometime before the month is up.
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-17-2017, 11:09 AM.

Comment

What's the word on Schilkey?

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                                What's the word on Schilkey?
                                I asked that too earlier - no replies.

Comment

Working...
                                X