The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Nice to bounce back and get a win against the #2 team in the country after that Miami game. Getting outshot more than 2-1 definitely has me nervous for tomorrow night. Hopefully Frey can have a repeat of the awesome game he had tonight. Still, I'd definitely like to see more puck control. In the meantime, we're back in the win column, Tanner Laczynski has a gold medal around his neck and I'm a happy camper
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Nice win for the guys tonight. Mrs 86 and i are checking in from Hockey Valley where the women beat Penn State 5-0! Nice night against the Nittany Lions for both our hockey teams! I was thrilled to see Tanner get gold at World Juniors last night. I do agree with many fans that a great game like that should not be decided by a skills competition (aka shootout).

Comment

Nice bounce back win last night. Going to have to play better in front of Frey tonight if they are to sweep this series.

Comment

The reason some of our guys are out is illness so we don't have our large guys available. Tanner didn't get back until mid-afternoon yesterday and he's a little under the weather so we'll see if he suits up or not. One of USA's players was really sick and couldn't play in the gold medal game and I worry if Tanner could have brought the bug back to share with his team? It would be a different illness than what some of our guys already have which could be devastating.
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-07-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Well, that was about what I was afraid of after last night. Back to back power play goals in the 3rd kept things interesting, but the fact is we were pretty badly outplayed both nights. Excellent goaltending from Frey both nights was definitely the highlight of the weekend. Hopefully Laczynski coming back next week will help and we can get the sweep over ASU. I also hope Healey doesn't get a suspension for his hit. I'm assuming he will though.
            Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
            University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Had a feeling Penn State would come back and win tonight. That's what good teams do. Still, a split with the #2 team in the country should help us in the polls and the pairwise. Need to take care of business and sweep ASU next weekend.

Comment

cant wait until its 3-0 to start playing. I wasnt there so i only have the radio call to go off of but it sounded like the puck was in there zone all night long. Now shots are really nothing to go by against Penn State because they shoot the puck from the parking lot but puck possession seemed to be penn state for 2/3 of the hockey game. Getting a split isnt bad on to a team they better sweep in Arizona State.

Comment

I thought the officiating was terrible and was a factor in Penn State getting the win. I saw absolutely NO difference in the hit put on Jobst and Penn St. only gets 2:00 for it and Josh gets tossed for an identical hit?
                  And the interference call after we pull Frey was COMPLETE BS! It simply didn't happen and coach was PIS*ED! And what made him even more pis*ed was that both refs ignored him trying to get them to come to the bench to give him an explanation. NO excuse for them to blow him off as he has the right to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I thought the officiating was terrible and was a factor in Penn State getting the win. I saw absolutely NO difference in the hit put on Jobst and Penn St. only gets 2:00 for it and Josh gets tossed for an identical hit?
                    And the interference call after we pull Frey was COMPLETE BS! It simply didn't happen and coach was PIS*ED! And what made him even more pis*ed was that both refs ignored him trying to get them to come to the bench to give him an explanation. NO excuse for them to blow him off as he has the right to it.
                    Yea the radio guys were pretty confused at the interference call as well.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      Yea the radio guys were pretty confused at the interference call as well.
                      Sometimes I think Pochmara wants to be the next Shegos. He always screwed us over too.

Comment

Penn State splits with us, gets shut out Friday and jumps to #1 in RPI & Pairwise? What BS!
                        If we had our full roster available to us I think we could have swept them.
                        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-08-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Penn State splits with us, gets shut out Friday and jumps to #1 in RPI & Pairwise? What BS!
                          the split dropped ohio state 3 spots

Comment

Penn State split with a good team on the road, you split with a good team at home. The Pairwise means nothing at this time of year. Learn how this works....
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

More than that, the team right behind PSU lost and tied to a very mediocre team, while BC and Vermont both went 1-0 and UND went 2-0.

But yeah, paying close attention to individual movements in the PWR right now is kind of pointless.
                              And scoring margins (let alone shutouts) mean absolutely nothing to RPI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Sometimes I think Pochmara wants to be the next Shegos. He always screwed us over too.
                                Personally I thought Wilkins was worse than sheogs but when they were paired together it was a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                                X