The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Ohio State 2016-17 Thread: Let's give this another Schott

From starting the wrong goalie to taking dump penalties to giving up a Shorty this was just a terrible night. I dont like to pick on him but this was typical Tomkins 3 of the 4 goals he has to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      From starting the wrong goalie to taking dump penalties to giving up a Shorty this was just a terrible night. I dont like to pick on him but this was typical Tomkins 3 of the 4 goals he has to stop.
      Don't forget that penalty in the 3rd for running into the goalie was a bad call. Replays clearly showed the goalie intentionally initiated contact with his shoulder and then dove. Too bad when you go for cheap stuff instead of playing hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Don't forget that penalty in the 3rd for running into the goalie was a bad call. Replays clearly showed the goalie intentionally initiated contact with his shoulder and then dove. Too bad when you go for cheap stuff instead of playing hockey.
        Then again Ohio State got a away with a cheap hit to the head that should have been five, but the referee dished out only a minor.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          That was an awful call but Dakota got away with a major later on.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
            Then again Ohio State got a away with a cheap hit to the head that should have been five, but the referee dished out only a minor.
            Yea that should have been a major I've seen less than that given 5minutes.

Comment

Came for a split and got it. Ill take it on the road against a good Gopher team. Frey has to be the guy in net the rest of the way i have seen enough of Tomkins for four years and Frey for the same amount and Frey is head and shoulders ahead of him. This is the most talented Ohio State team especially on offense that i have seen since the early 2000's with Umberger Steckle and Kessler. Good Luck to the Gophers the rest of the way and see you in Columbus in February.

Comment

Came for a split and got it. Ill take it on the road against a good Gopher team. Frey has to be the guy in net the rest of the way i have seen enough of Tomkins for four years and Frey for the same amount and Frey is head and shoulders ahead of him. This is the most talented Ohio State team especially on offense that i have seen since the early 2000's with Umberger Steckle and Kessler. Good Luck to the Gophers the rest of the way and see you in Columbus in February.
                I didn't like the way we played Friday or the soft goals, but I am with you on getting a split on the road vs the team that was picked to win the BIG Ten.

Comment

I've been to a couple of games as a guest and had a blast.

The OSU athletics site is pretty tight lipped about the price of the tickets, which leads me to believe that they are quite a ways north of the usual $8 that they ask for most of the other non-revenue sports.

Are there any tickets available that would be twenty bucks or less? Nosebleeds?

Thanks.
                  BUCKEYES & CATAMOUNTS

Comment

Game on NYE is at 4 once again they show how little they care about this hockey program. The football game starts at 7 which would be cutting it close if you went to the hockey game. There will be more Miami fans in the building once again.

Comment

Game on NYE is at 4 once again they show how little they care about this hockey program. The football game starts at 7 which would be cutting it close if you went to the hockey game. There will be more Miami fans in the building once again.
                      Unfortunately I am not surprised at this.

Comment

So, how full is the February bus trip to Ann Arbor so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          So, how full is the February bus trip to Ann Arbor so far?
                          There are still spots available if you are interested. I'll provide a link.

http://www.thescarletliners.org/events/

Comment

In fairness, the hockey game was scheduled long before the FB Bowl schedule was announced.

If you're saying there should never be a Buckeye Hockey Home game on the same day as the Buckeye FB Bowl game, I'd have a lot of sympathy with that position. But in practice, that would mean we could never host a hockey game at any point of the New Year's festivities. Maybe that should be the policy regardless. Still, one does have to be realistic about how such a policy would play out.

All that said, it sure would be nice if the hockey start time could be tweaked to 3:00PM. At least that would eliminate the tight connection for Columbus-based fans wanting to watch both events.

Last but not least, I do get that for a Toledo-based fan, the 3:00PM option doesn't help much.
                            Last edited by pgb-ohio; 12-14-2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              There are still spots available if you are interested. I'll provide a link.

http://www.thescarletliners.org/events/
                              I'm good but it's good to have the link for others.
                              I know some who are going and was curious how full the bus will be.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                                In fairness, the hockey game was scheduled long before the FB Bowl schedule was announced.

If you're saying there should never be a Buckeye Hockey Home game on the same day as the Buckeye FB Bowl game, I'd have a lot of sympathy with that position. But in practice, that would mean we could never host a hockey game at any point of the New Year's festivities. Maybe that should be the policy regardless. Still, one does have to be realistic about how such a policy would play out.

All that said, it sure would be nice if the hockey start time could be tweaked to 3:00PM. At least that would eliminate the tight connection for Columbus-based fans wanting to watch both events.

Last but not least, I do get that for a Toledo-based fan, the 3:00PM option doesn't help much.
                                knowing the expectations of your football team and if they make the playoff this game should have been played a day earlier. Your putting the hockey team in a bad spot attendance wise. No football fan who is also a hockey fan is going to come to this game.

Comment

Working...
                                X