05-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Hey UAA, who backed out of the Kendall?
Sounds like a loaded question to me.
Kinda coy aren't you?

Squarebanks
05-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Sounds like a loaded question to me.
Kinda coy aren't you?

Not loaded at all. Genuinely wondering who left you in the lurch.

Wolfman
05-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Well, there you go. If merged, no Seawolves, no Nanooks. One University of Alaska with a new mascot.

http://www.ktva.com/uaa-and-uaf-on-the-same-team-maybe-757/

gfmorris
05-20-2016, 12:33 PM
Well, there you go. If merged, no Seawolves, no Nanooks. One University of Alaska with a new mascot.

There you go. Merge UAA and UAF and the WCHA adds ASU. Boom.

GFM

Squarebanks
05-20-2016, 12:58 PM

Well, we could always get mascot advice from North Dakota.

Alaska Fighting Marmots has a really nice ring to it.

Buckeye22
05-20-2016, 02:06 PM

What the Inupiat word for Seawolves. Could be a nice compromise.

AKSWF
05-21-2016, 05:50 PM
I heard it was UMD because they didn't like the Alaska schools style of play. :rolleyes: ;)

aka we don't wanna risk a loss or two

mmf
05-21-2016, 07:10 PM
aka we don't wanna risk a loss or two

I'm sure it's not UMD. This was just me poking fun at Krieger leaving the Nooks and transferring UMD.

Alaska Hockey
05-22-2016, 01:55 PM
What the Inupiat word for Seawolves. Could be a nice compromise. _airbanks Sucks. ........ It work's for me.

Hockey Dogg
05-22-2016, 08:18 PM

Nice marmot!

gfmorris
05-22-2016, 09:26 PM
Nice marmot!

Keeping it with a domestic ... ehh ... that's not legal either, Dude. Also, the shell isn't a winning defensive philosophy.

GFM

Wolfman
05-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Still haven't heard anything about the Great Alaska Shootout. I think that will be one of the firsts to be cut. But then again, who knows.

Squarebanks
05-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Still haven't heard anything about the Great Alaska Shootout. I think that will be one of the firsts to be cut. But then again, who knows.

Does UAA even make money off the shootout anymore?

Alaska Hockey
05-24-2016, 01:32 AM

Nothing like the "top of the World".

Spartanforlife4
05-24-2016, 07:39 AM

Probably not since it went to a mostly mid-major tournament. That or they lowered or kept constant the stipend to keep a profit, which drove away the major programs. Hard to compete when a resort in the Bahamas is offering $2 million per team.

Wolfman
06-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Looks like 10M more put back in the budget for a total of 335M. Hopefully, this will keep our sports in tact. However, university system still pushing for merging all three campuses.

Suze
06-02-2016, 11:43 PM
Looks like 10M more put back in the budget for a total of 335M. Hopefully, this will keep our sports in tact. However, university system still pushing for merging all three campuses.

Channel 2 news interviewed the UA President tonight and talked extensively with him about the budget. He said nothing about merging the campuses.

Wolfman
06-03-2016, 12:37 AM
Channel 2 news interviewed the UA President tonight and talked extensively with him about the budget. He said nothing about merging the campuses.

Suze one part of strategic pathways is merging the campuses. It is a FACT!!! Just because he didn't bring it up doesn't mean anything. The system is already talking to the accreditation agency about it and they are planning for it. I don't like it either but it is FACT. As a matter of FACT the BOR is talking about it now in executive session.

Squarebanks
06-03-2016, 11:18 AM

He's still pushing for it. Budget isn't going to get any better for UA anytime soon.

It really puts things in perspective when a $15m cut sounds good.

Wolfman
06-03-2016, 11:42 AM

Suze, I just don't know how to explain this anymore to you....

http://www.ktva.com/university-of-alaska-president-explains-why-rivals-may-soon-be-teammates-927/