Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND FIGTHING HAWKS end Sioux Head logo curse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND FIGTHING HAWKS end Sioux Head logo curse?

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Mr. Oliver, or may I call you Mr. O for short? (Know that if I call you Mr. O it'll stand for Obsessed.)

Mr. O,

Are you sure the issue wasn't the specter of the old nickname? It was only after a new name was chosen, officially, that the title came.

Are you sure it wasn't my season ticket locations (that changed recently)? That I changed to wearing a grey hat to home games this year (after years of black)?

Or could it be that the closer you paid attention to this alleged Brien logo curse, the closer you watched with that sly smirk and glee that you clutched deep inside the UND hating parts of your blood pump*, the greater the chance it ends. Until, bang, this year your obsession broke it.

I'd say the safe thing for you to do for a while is just ignore UND hockey or it'll just keep winning from the momentum you've provided. Don't look. Don't think. Or it'll happen again.

*If you don't love UND hockey you only have a blood pump, not a heart.
    Just pointing out some very possible overlooked UND items. All those heartbreaking losses...Good for the Fighting Hawks though to get over that hump...Im sure someone will print up FIGHTING SIOUX-8 TIME NCAA CHAMPS...idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Travis_Oliver View Post
      Just pointing out some very possible overlooked UND items. All those heartbreaking losses...Good for the Fighting Hawks though to get over that hump...Im sure someone will print up FIGHTING SIOUX-8 TIME NCAA CHAMPS...idiots
      Good point. I don't ever recall anyone here or at siouxsports.com mentioning all those trips to the Frozen Four without a title. Not sure how we overlooked them.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Nothing came easily but I hear what you are saying.
        Bare had any losses all season and blewout all postseason games this year except the one vs DU....never trailed all ncaa postseason. About as easy as they come.

Comment

UND, or the Fighting Sioux as Travis likes to call them, trailed Northeastern 1-0.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Comment

Keep obsessing. Like I said, your energy ...

PS - The memories of "all those losses" went away as easy as ... this.
              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-15-2016, 08:47 AM.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by TheSiouxFan View Post
                Bare had any losses all season and blewout all postseason games this year except the one vs DU....never trailed all ncaa postseason. About as easy as they come.
                Again nothing comes easy. Hard work is what got them number 8.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

http://www.indianz.com/News/2011/000639.asp

Comment

Thanks for the timely opinion piece, Trav. This is the first I've heard of there being opposition to UND's former nickname. Judging from the link you provided though, there are multiple people that didn't like the nickname. Who knew?
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Go Sioux...

Comment

Mr. O,

It's 2016. The old name and logo are retired. And the Fighting Hawks are champions.

New name, new decade, same result: North Dakota hangs a National Championship banner.

"Eight" that.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Wow, this can't be true.............Idiot

Comment

I think it would be more interesting if Travis would share with us what he was doing between joining as a member in 2008 and his first post this May. Like his acting career, for instance, and his "bit" part in Lesbian Vampire Killers. I haven't seen the film. Did the Sword of Dylldo end up chopping off his bit part? Did he save his girlfriend? These stories will be much better than weird theories on native american names.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              I think it would be more interesting if Travis would share with us what he was doing between joining as a member in 2008 and his first post this May.
                              He was learning to read and write. Happy created the account for him.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                He was learning to read and write. Happy created the account for him.
                                Is it politically incorrect to make fun of someone with his substantial "disadvantages?"

Comment

Working...
                                X