Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UND FIGTHING HAWKS end Sioux Head logo curse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND FIGTHING HAWKS end Sioux Head logo curse?

Rather than gloating over this alleged "curse of the Brien logo", Mr. Oliver (surely a UND hater) should be concerned that the streak has ended.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-11-2016, 10:48 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I am a UND Hockey hater (Fighting Hawks)...That being said...I am not jealous of them in anyway. I think they have a great program and I think that a lot of schools have great programs and fans. Good for them to get 8 NCAA National Titles...2016 stings but I do find it oddly curious with all the great teams they have had in the past 15 years that they didn't hang one before. 2016 stings because I was around to see it, does the 1959 Independent UND team title sting...no. Did the 1963 title sting...no. Did the 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000 sting...no. UND fans are hung up on them so much.

The article to was simply point out that it seems like their was a curse on the Bennett logo...and when UND won it this year as the Fighting Hawks, it seemed to prove a theory that the logo was cursed. I know they dropped it is 2012 but remnants still existed.
      I think The Ralph Engelstad/UND falsely enshrined that logo in the arena and the natty title banners should represent the logo wore on the sweater during that championship season.
      Does everyone on here believe Michigan is the best college hockey school because they won 7 NCAA titles prior to 1965?

Comment

Friendly suggestion, Travis, which I think will help break the curse that seems to plague you.

Sit down and close your eyes. Close them tighter. Tighter.

Now, pull your elbows in close to your sides and bear down real hard like you're taking a dump. REAL HARD, like you have a log jam down there like you've never had in your whole young life. Grit your teeth, Travis, and bear down like you mean it.

Now, think to yourself, "I can write a sentence. I can write a sentence."

Now go over to GPL and practice.
        Last edited by burd; 05-12-2016, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          I think he's just trying to set the Board record for highest percentage of posts in a thread by a single poster. Got a ways to go to top icehawk in the NDSU thread, but everyone needs a goal.
          Ha. Never happen. Bumped that puppy today in fact.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Friendly suggestion, Travis, which I think will help break the curse that seems to plague you.

Sit down and close you eyes. Close them tighter. Tighter.

Now, pull your elbows in close to your sides and bear down real hard like you're taking a dump. REAL HARD, like you have a log jam down there like you've never had in your whole young life. Grit your teeth, Travis, and bear down like you mean it.

Nicely done burd. Nicely done.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Again, we don't claim him. He is a rogue agent, and an embarrassment.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I think we know that, Brent. It's May, and we need some fun.

And what the he!!; our teams finally get to play this year, so a little fuel to the fire can only enhance that whole experience. There have been a few rumors out there that we are beginning to tolerate each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  You don't have to claim him but he's still yours... just like we have the ones that are busy stitching a new patch on their 7 championships leather jacket. You know what they say, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.

Comment

Mr. Oliver, or may I call you Mr. O for short? (Know that if I call you Mr. O it'll stand for Obsessed.)

Mr. O,

Are you sure the issue wasn't the specter of the old nickname? It was only after a new name was chosen, officially, that the title came.

Are you sure it wasn't my season ticket locations (that changed recently)? That I changed to wearing a grey hat to home games this year (after years of black)?

Or could it be that the closer you paid attention to this alleged Brien logo curse, the closer you watched with that sly smirk and glee that you clutched deep inside the UND hating parts of your blood pump*, the greater the chance it ends. Until, bang, this year your obsession broke it.

I'd say the safe thing for you to do for a while is just ignore UND hockey or it'll just keep winning from the momentum you've provided. Don't look. Don't think. Or it'll happen again.

*If you don't love UND hockey you only have a blood pump, not a heart.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Travis_Oliver View Post
                      I am a UND Hockey hater (Fighting Hawks)...That being said...I am not jealous of them in anyway. I think they have a great program and I think that a lot of schools have great programs and fans. Good for them to get 8 NCAA National Titles...2016 stings but I do find it oddly curious with all the great teams they have had in the past 15 years that they didn't hang one before. 2016 stings because I was around to see it, does the 1959 Independent UND team title sting...no. Did the 1963 title sting...no. Did the 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000 sting...no. UND fans are hung up on them so much.

The article to was simply point out that it seems like their was a curse on the Bennett logo...and when UND won it this year as the Fighting Hawks, it seemed to prove a theory that the logo was cursed. I know they dropped it is 2012 but remnants still existed.
                      I think The Ralph Engelstad/UND falsely enshrined that logo in the arena and the natty title banners should represent the logo wore on the sweater during that championship season.
                      Does everyone on here believe Michigan is the best college hockey school because they won 7 NCAA titles prior to 1965?
                      Go Fighting Sioux!

Comment

friendly suggestion, travis, which i think will help break the curse that seems to plague you.

Now, pull your elbows in close to your sides and bear down real hard like you're taking a dump. Real hard, like you have a log jam down there like you've never had in your whole young life. Grit your teeth, travis, and bear down like you mean it.

Now, think to yourself, "i can write a sentence. I can write a sentence."

now go over to gpl and practice.
                        hahaha!!!

Comment

Dave Hakstol was the curse. Not a logo.
                          The coach before and the coach after Hakstol won Championships easily at UND.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSiouxFan View Post
                            Dave Hakstol was UND's Doug Woog ... but with hair.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by TheSiouxFan View Post
                              Nothing came easily but I hear what you are saying.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Sounds like you have had plenty of practice. Trolling a post you seem to care about a lot I see.

Comment

Working...
                                X