Bertagna Comments on HE Scheduling and Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bertagna Comments on HE Scheduling and Expansion

Apologies if this is already posted elsewhere, but from today's Bangor Daily News...

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/05/05/sports/hockey-east-looking-at-24-league-games-if-it-doesnt-add-a-team-to-replace-irish/?ref=moreInstate
    Last edited by schiegs; 05-05-2016, 04:16 PM.
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Re: Bertagna Comments on HE Scheduling and Expansion

Unbalanced schedule. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Unbalanced schedule. That sucks.
      I agree. I hope it does not come to that and they add a 12th team.
      What did you say?
      Who own the Chiefs?
      What did he say?
      Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
        Apologies if this is already posted elsewhere, but from today's Bangor Daily News...

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/05/05/sports/hockey-east-looking-at-24-league-games-if-it-doesnt-add-a-team-to-replace-irish/?ref=moreInstate
        I would like to see another team leave and get back to playing each team three times. The current setup is no good as far as I'm concerned.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post

Joe delivered these remarks while seated on JY's knee?
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            Huh?

Comment

I hope that doesn't happen. I think they will find a twelfth team. Also rumor has it that Frozen Fenway is coming back in 2017.
              Rinks Visited
              DCU Center
              Tulley Forum
              TD Garden
              Tsongas Arena
              J. Thom Lawler Arena
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Agganis Arena
              Verizon Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Matthews Arena
              Thompson Arena
              Mullins Center
              Alfond Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Magness Arena
              Ingallas Arena
              Hart Center
              Prudential Center
              TD Bank Sports Center
              John A Ryan
              Lynah Rink
              Appleton Arena
              Cheel Arena
              Germain Arena
              XL Center
              Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                6:52 pm is a little early to be drunk no?
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  I would like to see another team leave and get back to playing each team three times. The current setup is no good as far as I'm concerned.
                  Agreed.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I disagree, I really like the 22-game schedule. 27 leaves very little room for OOC.

Comment

The only thing I liked among the potential idea being floated was leaving the 11th team out of the playoffs. Having five teams advancing to Boston sounds like it would be a "friends and family" affair for the Thursday night game (imagine the turnout for Providence vs. NICC stand-alone with no other game).

Is it really THAT much of a shock to the system to just leave the 3 worst teams out of the HE playoffs?

Personally I'd love to see a relegation system with #11 sent out to play with the AIC's and Sacred Hearts of the D-1 world for finishing last ... but that would never happen.

Why not split the league into a 5 team division and a 6 team division, let the teams play 3 apiece against division rivals and 2 apiece vs. the other division's teams? That would get you 24 conference games apiece for the 5 team division, and 25 conference games apiece for the 6 team division. Let the teams advance out of their divisions in the first round, and have the top two teams from each division cross over and meet in Boston in the HE Semis (Div. A top vs. Div. B second, Div. B top v. Div. A second)?

I'm in absolutely no hurry to add Team #12 to replace NICC, but if they do, PLEASE let's keep it in New England.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                        I disagree, I really like the 22-game schedule 27 leaves very little room for OOC.
                        Are you a fan of a beanpot school? I can see fans of those schools not wanting only five free dates each year. I still think it is the lesser of two evils though. The conference games are the meat and potato of the schedule and you lose a lot with only two games over one weekend against each school. I'm not sure how long you have been a fan but things really were perfect before UVM joined(no offense to them). In those days teams could play each other three times and there were plenty of non-conference games. On top of that the conference tourney worked good with only one team missing out and it being able to be played over two weekends.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Too many leagues are expanding for the sake of expanding. There is no NEED to expand. There is nothing this league is missing out on. We had an unbalanced sched for years and no one really complained. The last two adds were terrible. With any luck we'll give Uconn 10 years to figure out they have no future in hockey and maybe they'll take their ball and go home like Notre Dame did.

Side note: Thank God Notre Dame is gone. Having problems without Notre Dame is better than having Notre Dame with no problems!
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm not sure how long you have been a fan but things really were perfect before UVM joined(no offense to them).
                            The UVM addition didn't bother me but if they were dropped I don't think anyone would care either. But absolutely things were great back in the day and if we went back to a league with just these same teams from pre-UVM expansion it would still be amazing.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Too many leagues are expanding for the sake of expanding. There is no NEED to expand. There is nothing this league is missing out on. We had an unbalanced sched for years and no one really complained. The last two adds were terrible. With any luck we'll give Uconn 10 years to figure out they have no future in hockey and maybe they'll take their ball and go home like Notre Dame did.

Side note: Thank God Notre Dame is gone. Having problems without Notre Dame is better than having Notre Dame with no problems!
                              ?? When did we have an unbalanced schedule? Since the 90's I don't ever remember one... unless I'm mis-remembering...

Comment

Working...
                              X