Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Okay, so I got my season ticket renewal notice already. It had no deadline for submission, so I sent them an email asking when it was. I got a call telling me that the notice I got has the wrong prices on it, that I should ignore it, and new ones are being sent out. Nice job, MSU!
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread

Multiple "premium" games?

Comment

No, they just sent out a flyer with prices that were wrong. Apparently somebody just took a flyer from the tickets for another sport, changed it to hockey, but forgot to change the prices.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        No, they just sent out a flyer with prices that were wrong. Apparently somebody just took a flyer from the tickets for another sport, changed it to hockey, but forgot to change the prices.
        Apparently, they use the same proof reader (none) that the Freep uses.

I quickly sent in my $155.00. I'm guessing I'm going to have to pay a tad more.

On a brighter note, I did get a thank you call for your support of the Mavericks from Chandler Madry.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
          Apparently, they use the same proof reader (none) that the Freep uses.

I quickly sent in my $155.00. I'm guessing I'm going to have to pay a tad more.

On a brighter note, I did get a thank you call for your support of the Mavericks from Chandler Madry.
          I got a call from Max Coatta.

If someone took them to court on the $155, they might just win. A contract is created when an offer is made and accepted. Their screwup could cost them some money if someone wanted to go through the trouble of litigation.

Comment

If someone took them to court on the $155, they might just win. A contract is created when an offer is made and accepted. Their screwup could cost them some money if someone wanted to go through the trouble of litigation.
            A) No they wouldn't. B)Why are you upset about this?
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I got a call from Max Coatta.

You are correct in your statement that I've put in bold print. Your error is in analyzing the "offer and acceptance" part.

The offer wasn't made when they sent out the flyer. The offer is made when the customer offers to buy the product (in this case the tickets) for $155. Until the seller accepts that offer, there is no contract. Their flyer is just an advertisement, or a solicitation to make offers if you will.

It gets a little tricky if you were to pay them online with a credit card and the transaction goes through. However, they probably have somewhere in their "terms" the right to void these electronic transactions.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                You are correct in your statement that I've put in bold print. Your error is in analyzing the "offer and acceptance" part.

The offer wasn't made when they sent out the flyer. The offer is made when the customer offers to buy the product (in this case the tickets) for $155. Until the seller accepts that offer, there is no contract. Their flyer is just an advertisement, or a solicitation to make offers if you will.

It gets a little tricky if you were to pay them online with a credit card and the transaction goes through. However, they probably have somewhere in their "terms" the right to void these electronic transactions.
                One of my saddest days in law school was when we read cases of newspaper ad misprints, and how a store wasn't bound by them.

But boy, $155 season tickets would have been sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  B)Why are you upset about this?
                  I'm not upset. It's just a little inept that no one proofread the flyers before they were sent out.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I'll certainly take your word for it. I didn't know that offer/acceptance had to be initiated by the purchaser.

Comment

I'll certainly take your word for it. I didn't know that offer/acceptance had to be initiated by the purchaser.
                      A common mistake, probably exacerbated by the fact that a lot of large retailers, like Target or Walmart, will frequently "honor" mistaken adds (to great publicity) as a matter of customer relations, assuming they catch it before it costs them too much money.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Sadly, that price is about what you pay for UAH season tickets.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Someone posted on the St. Cloud thread that the Huskies will be in Kato October 7-8. I'm assuming we'll take a trip to the new Omaha arena to play them in October as a return for their trip up last year, and we'll have a weekend series with the Gophers since we're not in the Cup. That would leave us with one more non-conference opportunity if we want to schedule it. Any rumors?

Comment

Working...
                          X