UMAINE Recruits Part 2: 2016/2017 and what follows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMAINE Recruits Part 2: 2016/2017 and what follows

""My one question mark is Cam Spicer. He is listed as signing his LOI early and if he is not in camp that means we only have 7 D unless Hayes moves back to the blue line? Undoubtedly on paper this is our best class in a long time. Now who can we count on to stop the puck?""

Johnson? Very Hopeful!!

Re: UMAINE Recruits Part 2: 2016/2017 and what follows

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    ""My one question mark is Cam Spicer. He is listed as signing his LOI early and if he is not in camp that means we only have 7 D unless Hayes moves back to the blue line? Undoubtedly on paper this is our best class in a long time. Now who can we count on to stop the puck?""

Johnson? Very Hopeful!!
    Hmm that quote seems familiar!;-) Thanks NorthMike for starting a new thread!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
      Hmm that quote seems familiar!;-) Thanks NorthMike for starting a new thread!
      His USHL profile page says he is still committed to Maine. He is a '96 so could wait another year. Five of Maine's eight D next year (if you count Hayes) are righty so it wouldn't make much sense to me to bring in another one.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

http://mainehockeyjournal.bangordail...in-ushl-draft/

Just three Umaine recruits were listed in the in USHL draft this week. Not sure what this says about the future recruited players. Either the overall quality of recruits is not to the liking of the USHL or they feel the recruits are firmly committed to NCAA and the school hockey and don't want to bother drafting them.? Hopefully the later.

Johnson
        Tralmaks
        Schiemenz

Comment

Simon Butala was traded to Bloomington (USHL) during the draft. His rights were previously owned by Cedar Rapids

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            http://mainehockeyjournal.bangordail...in-ushl-draft/

Just three Umaine recruits were listed in the in USHL draft this week. Not sure what this says about the future recruited players. Either the overall quality of recruits is not to the liking of the USHL or they feel the recruits are firmly committed to NCAA and the school hockey and don't want to bother drafting them.? Hopefully the later.

Johnson
            Tralmaks
            Schiemenz
            Could Johnson play in the USHL but 'attend' Maine online to get his one year ban out of the way? I don't think it's something that has ever happened but wonder if it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Could Johnson play in the USHL but 'attend' Maine online to get his one year ban out of the way? I don't think it's something that has ever happened but wonder if it is possible.
              I'm fairly certain this happens all the time, I can think of a couple Northeastern kids that played at BU, went to the USHL for a year and then played at NU.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                I'm fairly certain this happens all the time, I can think of a couple Northeastern kids that played at BU, went to the USHL for a year and then played at NU.
                It's called a 2/4/2

that doesn't apply here. Has to be on campus, 1 year won't start until registered, in good standing and full time student

Goalie did this at PC couple years ago
                Last edited by Hokydad; 05-06-2016, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  It's called a 2/4/2

Not sure how it would work here

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...-midget-hockey

Some info on new Maine recruit Harry Roy
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

2001 F Lynden Breen has committed to Maine. Appears to be a major get for Red and Co.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        2001 F Lynden Breen has committed to Maine. Appears to be a major get for Red and Co.
                        Hopefully he shows up. I would imagine he is going to get the really hard sell from the Q over the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Hopefully he shows up. I would imagine he is going to get the really hard sell from the Q over the next couple of years.
                          15 yr old Canadian, just another kid using Maine to get a better deal in the Q. Apparently it works well as Maine continues to get verbals from young kids who then sign. Baron Thompson is another example, he is gone also
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Is this Coaching Staff just playing all of us by getting these kids to make a verbal and then they just cut loose on Maine...after a while...isn't enough/enough.???? Like I've said before IT's TIME to EARN there KEEP (RG & Staff). Seems to be the Recipe that FAIL's over and over @ Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Is this Coaching Staff just playing all of us by getting these kids to make a verbal and then they just cut loose on Maine...after a while...isn't enough/enough.???? Like I've said before IT's TIME to EARN there KEEP (RG & Staff). Seems to be the Recipe that FAIL's over and over @ Maine.
                              Yeah, they take great joy in winding up the fans. I'm sorry to break this to you but losing kids to major junior is part and parcel of trying to get the best players. If Maine gets 1 in 10 it was worthwhile as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                              X