UMAINE Recruits Part 2: 2016/2017 and what follows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMAINE Recruits Part 2: 2016/2017 and what follows

AMC.......These players are reporting their commitments THEMSELVES on Twitter. Yeah, they may or may no show up.....but don't act like this stuff is second hand rumor. And don't blame us if you don' have a Twitter account and can't keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      AMC.......These players are reporting their commitments THEMSELVES on Twitter. Yeah, they may or may no show up.....but don't act like this stuff is second hand rumor. And don't blame us if you don' have a Twitter account and can't keep up.
      I beleive he was commenting more on the level of their commitment. The coaches aren't coming out and saying whatever 15 or 16 year old that just committed is going to be Maine's savior.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I beleive he was commenting more on the level of their commitment. The coaches aren't coming out and saying whatever 15 or 16 year old that just committed is going to be Maine's savior.
        The thing is, the staff can't comment on them until they sign an NLI so the blame isn't really with the staff but the buck has to stop somewhere.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          Which is happening for the same reason that their advisors would make the announcement. None of us have any idea if the conversation was "I'm definitely coming to Maine" or "I'm coming to Maine if I don't like the Q team that drafts me."

And, you missed my point entirely. Go make up another user name and start over again, SD.

Comment

Neutral Zone article on recruit Harrison Roy.: A Development Focus: The Harrison Roy Story

Comment

This is a hectic time of year for keeping track of which junior roster recruits are on as leagues are finalizing their regular season rosters. I thought this would be a good time to provide a holistic update on where UMaine recruits are playing and how they are performing in this very young season. Please note that recruits are grouped by position and listed in order of age not necessarily recruiting class as only Red et al. know when these guys are actually coming. *=signed NLI.
              Code:
              Forwards
              Name              DOB	Pos	Sh	Team	                GP	G	A	TP	PIM	+/-	Notes
              Jack Quinlivan	 96/05	W	L	Jr. Bruins (USPHL)	2	0	0	0	2	-	
              Kevin Hock	 96/11	RW	R	South Shore (USPHL)	1	2	0	2	0	-	
              Eduards Tralmaks 97/02	LW	L	Chicago (USHL)	        -	-	-	-	-	-	
              Brent Hill	 97/12	RW	R	Carelton Place (CCHL)	1	0	0	0	0	-	
              Jacob Schmidt-	 98/01	RW	R	Dubuque (USHL)	        5	3	2	5	4	1	Preseason Stats (USHL)
                   -Svejstrup
              A.J. Drobot	 98/04	F	R	Austin (NAHL)	        1	1	0	1	0	0	
              Adam Dawe	 99/01	W	R	Notre Dame (SJHL)	3	1	0	1	6	-	
              Craig Needham	 99/03	F	L	Lawrence Acad. (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-	
              Kyle Kawamura	 99/05	RW	R	Lincoln (USHL)	        5	0	0	0	0	1	Preseason Stats (USHL)
              Dallas Farrell	 99/05	F	R	Jr. Bruins (USPHL)	2	2	2	4	0	-	
              Neil Shea	 99/07	F	L	Lawrence Acad. (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-	
              Harrison Roy	 00/01	W	R	Loomis Chafee (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-	
              Max Bogdanovich	 01/03	F	L	Jr. Bruins 16U	        1	1	0	1	-	-	
              Lynden Breen	 01/05	F	L	New Hampton (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-	

Defensemen
              Cameron Spicer*	 96/02	D	R		 ?              4	0	0	0	6	1	Preseason Stats (USHL)
              Brady Keeper	 96/06	D	R	OCN Blizzard (MJHL)?	-	-	-	-	-	-	
              Jack Moran	 98/05	D	L		 ?                       -	-	-	-	-	-	
              Simon Butala	 98/08	D	L	Bloomington (USHL)	5	0	1	1	4	0	Preseason Stats (USHL)
              Alexis Binner	 98/12	D	L	Green Bay (USHL)	5	0	2	2	4	2	Preseason Stats (USHL)

Goalie
              Name              DOB	Pos  Glove      Team                    GP       GAA     SV%                            Notes
              Ben Beck	 99/05	G	L	EC Salzburg U18	        2	 4.00	   0.826
              USHL
              Of note Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup had a great preseason with Dubuque scoring 5 points in as many games. Eduards Tralmaks is much hyped but did not see any preseason action, I suspect perhaps injury related but not sure. Assuming good health both Tralmaks and Schmidt-Svejstrup should put up numbers this year in the USHL. Kyle Kawamura made the Lincoln roster as a '99 which makes him the youngest UMaine recruit in the USHL. On the blueline Alexis Binner will be one to watch, in the past he has flashed ability in both zones and will look to continue his improvement. Binner is draft eligible this year and appeared on the NHL Central Scouting Futures List. Surprisingly Cameron Spicer did not make the final Bloomington (USHL) roster after playing the past season and a half with the team. Although he is not flashy offensively he is a smart defender that stays out of the box and always has a positive +/-. Bloomington did however keep Simon Butala who is coming of a season where he dealt with multiple injuries and transfers throughout the USHL/NAHL, hopefully he can stay on the ice this year and get back on track with his development. Jack Moran did not make the final cut with Des Moines and as of writing this I have not seen any indication of where he might be headed.

USPHL
              Recent UMaine recruit Dallas Farrell from PEI is the youngest member of the Jr. Bruins and through 2 games has 2 goals and 2 assists all coming in the first game of the season. Kevin Hock also notched 2 goals in his first game of the season with South Shore.

Others
              Brent Hill was originally slated to suit up for Topeka (NAHL) but instead found a home on the Carelton Place (CCHL) roster. CCHL is definetly an offensive minded league so his stats might be a little bloated this year but regardless this is a step up in competition from the NAHL. A.J. Drobot tallied a goal in his first game of the season for Austin (NAHL), his second season with the team. Adam Dawe will be one to keep an eye on as well this year suiting up once again for the prestigious Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) who is touted for his offensive ability. Dawe is on the affiliate list for Dubuque (USHL) and may find his way to the USHL this season. Prep leagues do not start up until later in the fall so we will have to wait to hear how Needham, Shea, Roy, & Breen are faring. Will be interesting to see if Neeham and Shea paired up together on the same line at Lawrence.

GO BLUE!
              UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                This is a hectic time of year for keeping track of which junior roster recruits are on as leagues are finalizing their regular season rosters. I thought this would be a good time to provide a holistic update on where UMaine recruits are playing and how they are performing in this very young season. Please note that recruits are grouped by position and listed in order of age not necessarily recruiting class as only Red et al. know when these guys are actually coming. *=signed NLI.
                Code:
                Forwards
                Jack Quinlivan	 96/05	W	L	Jr. Bruins (USPHL)	2	0	0	0	2	-	
                Kevin Hock	 96/11	RW	R	South Shore (USPHL)	1	2	0	2	0	-	
                Eduards Tralmaks 97/02	LW	L	Chicago (USHL)	        -	-	-	-	-	-	
                Brent Hill	 97/12	RW	R	Carelton Place (CCHL)	1	0	0	0	0	-	
                Jacob Schmidt-	 98/01	RW	R	Dubuque (USHL)	        5	3	2	5	4	1	Preseason Stats (USHL)
                     -Svejstrup
                A.J. Drobot	 98/04	F	R	Austin (NAHL)	        1	1	0	1	0	0	
                Adam Dawe	 99/01	W	R	Notre Dame (SJHL)	3	1	0	1	6	-	
                Craig Needham	 99/03	F	L	Lawrence Acad. (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-	
                Kyle Kawamura	 99/05	RW	R	Lincoln (USHL)	        5	0	0	0	0	1	Preseason Stats (USHL)
                Dallas Farrell	 99/05	F	R	Jr. Bruins (USPHL)	2	2	2	4	0	-	
                Neil Shea	 99/07	F	L	Lawrence Acad. (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-	
                Harrison Roy	 00/01	W	R	Loomis Chafee (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-	
                Max Bogdanovich	 01/03	F	L	Jr. Bruins 16U	        1	1	0	1	-	-	
                Lynden Breen	 01/05	F	L	New Hampton (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-	

Defensemen
                Cameron Spicer*	 96/02	D	R		 ?              4	0	0	0	6	1	Preseason Stats (USHL)
                Brady Keeper	 96/06	D	R	OCN Blizzard (MJHL)?	-	-	-	-	-	-	
                Jack Moran	 98/05	D	L		 ?                       -	-	-	-	-	-	
                Simon Butala	 98/08	D	L	Bloomington (USHL)	5	0	1	1	4	0	Preseason Stats (USHL)
                Alexis Binner	 98/12	D	L	Green Bay (USHL)	5	0	2	2	4	2	Preseason Stats (USHL)

Goalie
                Name              DOB	Pos  Glove      Team                    GP       GAA     SV%                            Notes
                Ben Beck	 99/05	G	L	EC Salzburg U18	        2	 4.00	   0.826
                USHL
                Of note Jacob Schmidt-Svejstrup had a great preseason with Dubuque scoring 5 points in as many games. Eduards Tralmaks is much hyped but did not see any preseason action, I suspect perhaps injury related but not sure. Assuming good health both Tralmaks and Schmidt-Svejstrup should put up numbers this year in the USHL. Kyle Kawamura made the Lincoln roster as a '99 which makes him the youngest UMaine recruit in the USHL. On the blueline Alexis Binner will be one to watch, in the past he has flashed ability in both zones and will look to continue his improvement. Binner is draft eligible this year and appeared on the NHL Central Scouting Futures List. Surprisingly Cameron Spicer did not make the final Bloomington (USHL) roster after playing the past season and a half with the team. Although he is not flashy offensively he is a smart defender that stays out of the box and always has a positive +/-. Bloomington did however keep Simon Butala who is coming of a season where he dealt with multiple injuries and transfers throughout the USHL/NAHL, hopefully he can stay on the ice this year and get back on track with his development. Jack Moran did not make the final cut with Des Moines and as of writing this I have not seen any indication of where he might be headed.

USPHL
                Recent UMaine recruit Dallas Farrell from PEI is the youngest member of the Jr. Bruins and through 2 games has 2 goals and 2 assists all coming in the first game of the season. Kevin Hock also notched 2 goals in his first game of the season with South Shore.

Others
                Brent Hill was originally slated to suit up for Topeka (NAHL) but instead found a home on the Carelton Place (CCHL) roster. CCHL is definetly an offensive minded league so his stats might be a little bloated this year but regardless this is a step up in competition from the NAHL. A.J. Drobot tallied a goal in his first game of the season for Austin (NAHL), his second season with the team. Adam Dawe will be one to keep an eye on as well this year suiting up once again for the prestigious Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL) who is touted for his offensive ability. Dawe is on the affiliate list for Dubuque (USHL) and may find his way to the USHL this season. Prep leagues do not start up until later in the fall so we will have to wait to hear how Needham, Shea, Roy, & Breen are faring. Will be interesting to see if Neeham and Shea paired up together on the same line at Lawrence.

GO BLUE!
                This is very well done and hopefully you keep this up throughout the season. I do have a few questions. Who do you think actually comes in next year on the blue line? There are five guys committed, but Maine only has one senior this year. It seems that Binner will certainly come in and should be a good replacement for Schurhamer, but what happens after that?

Is there any chance they could bring in Farrell next year if he has a really good season? He will turn 18 in May so I would think he would be all set academically.

Do you have any idea who they have their eye on as far as goalies go? For me that is the most crucial thing recruiting wise right now. They need someone good to replace Morris and I would imagine a lot of the top guys for next year are already locked up. I know there is a Russian playing in the USHL who is supposed to be really good but not sure if he would work out or not.

Comment

Drew,
                  When I look at the D-men recruits the first thing that sticks out is Spicer and Keeper. Someone with better knowledge than me may know but, I believe, as early '96's they are currently in their final year of junior eligibility. As a result you would have to expect to see them next year. Binner clearly has the most potential, and keep in mind potential is a big word, but he is still a little young so Red et al. is probably taking the wait and see approach to see how his performance grows during his first season in the USHL. It was my understanding from a around the time he made his commitment that he has a lot of athleticism but needed to work on his decision making; I haven't heard a recent scouting report however. Butala has participated in a couple of USA Selects camps and has plenty of ability on both ends of the ice mixed in with a wonderful nasty streak (youtube is fight videos sometime) but he unfortunately suffered from a lot of set backs last year with injury that certainly slowed his development. So like Binner he goes into the wait and see category. I honestly do not know much about Moran so it is difficult for me to weigh in on his status, although I did see that he is indeed playing for Des Moines in the USHL this year so that is a good sign. I will make that edit to my list after this weekends round of games. Binner, Butala, & Moran are the left shot d-men so one of them getting to Orono next fall would help balance the unit with the departure of left shot Schurhamer but at the same time I don't think Red et al., will be interested in rushing any of those three guys into Orono unless there are a couple of currently rostered players simply not working out, similar to the forward group this offseason.

If I had to guess, Farrell is at least two seasons away from Orono. Farrell possibly has the talent to play in Orono next fall but he needs to work on his strength. I would expect a year in the USHL next year for him along with most of the other '99's, Dawe, Kawamura, etc. Kawamura has a little more rugged build than Farrell and Dawe which is one reason why you see him playing USHL this year.

Goalie is wide open at this point. I think Red et al. would like to find a recruit who can bridge the gap between McGovern and Beck, who is coming in the fall after McGovern graduates. The past couple of seasons have had a lot of European import goalies entering the USHL and other N.A. junior leagues to the tune of about 2/3 of all starting goalies in the USHL this year will be European. The European goalies are a group that is looking for NA exposure and there will be lots of opportunities thrown at them from NCAA, Major Junior, ECHL, & AHL. As always good goaltending is a heavily desired commodity. In short, I would look for them to go that route. But then again they may be able to find another McGovern who got passed over simply for one bad year in juniors.

As always, hockey recruiting is far different from basketball of football recruiting, so much of it comes down to development of both the recruits and the players already on the roster.
                  Last edited by Bhall44; 09-23-2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

After one full week of junior games here is the updated stats for UMaine recruits. Jr. Bruins and South Shore Kings faced off on Saturday which featured three UMaine recruits who all performed well. Jack Quinlivan scored two goals, one assisted by Dallas Farrell and Kevin Hock scored for South Shore. Hock has 4 goals in as many games to start the season. Adam Dawe had a good weekend scoring 3 goals and 1 assist in three games. Brady Keeper showed off his offensive potential from the blueline with 1 goal and 2 assists in 2 games.

Code:
                    	Forwards
                    Name              DOB	Pos	Sh	Team	                GP	G	A	TP	PIM	+/-
                    Jack Quinlivan	96/05	W	L	Jr. Bruins (USPHL)	5	2	0	2	6	-
                    Kevin Hock	96/11	RW	R	South Shore (USPHL)	4	4	0	4	4	-
                    Eduards Tralmaks97/02	LW	L	Chicago (USHL)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                    Brent Hill	97/12   RW	R	Carelton Place (CCHL)	3	0	3	1	2	-
                    Jacob Schmidt	98/01	RW	R	Dubuque (USHL)	1	0	0	0	2	0
                            -Svejstrup
                    A.J. Drobot	98/04	F	R	Austin (NAHL)	4	1	2	3	4	0
                    Adam Dawe	99/01	W	R	Notre Dame (SJHL)	6	4	1	5	10	-
                    Craig Needham	99/03	F	L	Lawrence Acad. (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                    Kyle Kawamura	99/05	RW	R	Lincoln (USHL)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                    Dallas Farrell	99/05	F	R	Jr. Bruins (USPHL)	5	2	3	5	0	-
                    Neil Shea	99/07	F	L	Lawrence Acad. (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                    Harrison Roy	00/01	W	R	Loomis Chafee (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                    Max Bogdanovich	01/03	F	L	Jr. Bruins 16U	2	1	0	1	-	-
                    Lynden Breen	01/05	F	L	New Hampton (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-

Defensemen												
                    Cameron Spicer*	96/02	D	R		?                -	-	-	-	-	-
                    Brady Keeper	96/06	D	R	OCN Blizzard (MJHL)	2	1	2	3	0	0
                    Jack Moran	98/05	D	L	Des Moines (USHL)	1	0	0	0	0	-1
                    Simon Butala	98/08	D	L	Bloomington (USHL)	1	0	0	0	0	0
                    Alexis Binner	98/12	D	L	Green Bay (USHL)	1	0	0	0	0	0

Goalie												
                    Name              DOB	Pos  Glove      Team                    GP       GAA     SV%			
                    Ben Beck	99/05	G	L	EC Salzburg U18	        3	3.67	0.847
                    Go Blue!!

Comment

After one full week of junior games here is the updated stats for UMaine recruits. Jr. Bruins and South Shore Kings faced off on Saturday which featured three UMaine recruits who all performed well. Jack Quinlivan scored two goals, one assisted by Dallas Farrell and Kevin Hock scored for South Shore. Hock has 4 goals in as many games to start the season. Adam Dawe had a good weekend scoring 3 goals and 1 assist in three games. Brady Keeper showed off his offensive potential from the blueline with 1 goal and 2 assists in 2 games.

Code:
                      	Forwards
                      Jack Quinlivan	96/05	W	L	Jr. Bruins (USPHL)	5	2	0	2	6	-
                      Kevin Hock	96/11	RW	R	South Shore (USPHL)	4	4	0	4	4	-
                      Eduards Tralmaks97/02	LW	L	Chicago (USHL)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                      Brent Hill	97/12   RW	R	Carelton Place (CCHL)	3	0	3	1	2	-
                      Jacob Schmidt	98/01	RW	R	Dubuque (USHL)	1	0	0	0	2	0
                              -Svejstrup
                      A.J. Drobot	98/04	F	R	Austin (NAHL)	4	1	2	3	4	0
                      Adam Dawe	99/01	W	R	Notre Dame (SJHL)	6	4	1	5	10	-
                      Craig Needham	99/03	F	L	Lawrence Acad. (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                      Kyle Kawamura	99/05	RW	R	Lincoln (USHL)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                      Dallas Farrell	99/05	F	R	Jr. Bruins (USPHL)	5	2	3	5	0	-
                      Neil Shea	99/07	F	L	Lawrence Acad. (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                      Harrison Roy	00/01	W	R	Loomis Chafee (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-
                      Max Bogdanovich	01/03	F	L	Jr. Bruins 16U	2	1	0	1	-	-
                      Lynden Breen	01/05	F	L	New Hampton (Prep)	-	-	-	-	-	-

Defensemen												
                      Cameron Spicer*	96/02	D	R		?                -	-	-	-	-	-
                      Brady Keeper	96/06	D	R	OCN Blizzard (MJHL)	2	1	2	3	0	0
                      Jack Moran	98/05	D	L	Des Moines (USHL)	1	0	0	0	0	-1
                      Simon Butala	98/08	D	L	Bloomington (USHL)	1	0	0	0	0	0
                      Alexis Binner	98/12	D	L	Green Bay (USHL)	1	0	0	0	0	0

Goalie												
                      Name              DOB	Pos  Glove      Team                    GP       GAA     SV%			
                      Ben Beck	99/05	G	L	EC Salzburg U18	        3	3.67	0.847
                      Go Blue!!
                      Thanks for the update
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Not sure the CCHL is a better league than NAHL

http://www.collegecommitments.com/Co...spx?x7cq9=CCHL

http://nahl.com/player-advancement/college/

Comment

A couple of updates:

1) Cam Spicer is now playing for the Islanders H.C. coached by Sean Tremblay.

2) NHL Central Scouting Preliminary List was released last week. Two Maine recruits, Alexis Binner-D & Benjamin Beck-G, were assigned B grades indicating a 2nd/3rd round candidate.

Go Blue!!

Comment

A couple of updates:

1) Cam Spicer is now playing for the Islanders H.C. coached by Sean Tremblay.

2) NHL Central Scouting Preliminary List was released last week. Two Maine recruits, Alexis Binner-D & Benjamin Beck-G, were assigned B grades indicating a 2nd/3rd round candidate.

Go Blue!!
                            I must be blind because I looked through the lists(on my phone) and couldn't find any Maine recruits. I wonder if Beck could come next year? I had no idea he was that highly regarded.

Any idea what is going on with Tralmaks? I see he hasn't played any games with Chicago yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I must be blind because I looked through the lists(on my phone) and couldn't find any Maine recruits. I wonder if Beck could come next year? I had no idea he was that highly regarded.

Any idea what is going on with Tralmaks? I see he hasn't played any games with Chicago yet.
                              Here is the preliminary list https://www.nhl.com/info/nhl-central...layer-rankings which was released last week. Binner also appeared on the Futures list which was released in July. https://www.nhl.com/news/2016-17-nhl...st/c-281205056

These lists are always a little fickle. A grades are usually fairly accurate B grades less so and C grades are a crap shoot. The midterm rankings are the first real benchmark for the central scouting rankings.

I haven't heard anything about Tralmaks. He is not suspended or on IR. Perhaps he is injured but not seriously. USHL teams can be pretty quiet about injury status.

Comment

Here is the preliminary list https://www.nhl.com/info/nhl-central...layer-rankings which was released last week. Binner also appeared on the Futures list which was released in July. https://www.nhl.com/news/2016-17-nhl...st/c-281205056

These lists are always a little fickle. A grades are usually fairly accurate B grades less so and C grades are a crap shoot. The midterm rankings are the first real benchmark for the central scouting rankings.

I haven't heard anything about Tralmaks. He is not suspended or on IR. Perhaps he is injured but not seriously. USHL teams can be pretty quiet about injury status.
                                Hopefully it's nothing serious if he is injured. It looks like him and Schmidt will be Maine's two best incoming forwards for next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X