• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota 2016 Off-Season Thread

And so it begins. Petition started to change UND logo

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      The work of Mophers: seldom seen and hard to eradicate gopher moles that are of no known benefit to humans or even other critters. They were created in a laboratory by Humphrey geneticists back in the day to infest and overcome the Vietcong without a shot fired, but the Hump lost the election before the experiments were completed. So they have been used instead by the gopher regime to combat the people Minnesotans fear more than any other: UND hockey players and fans.

Comment

Here's your halo.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          Hey, that's right, we won a National Championship banner just like you, only the NCAA is going to let us put our mascot on it if we want. I still don't know why you guys ****ed off both the Indians and the NCAA. Maybe, you should have let an Indian design your mascot, or something. Better luck next time.
          Silly Happy, UND doesn't even have a mascot. But assuming you are using logo and mascot interchangeably, I'm not sure where you are getting your information as UND will likely be putting their logo on the banner, just like they have on every banner that they have.
          Last edited by Dirty; 06-25-2016, 07:50 AM.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            And you care why?
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              The work of Mophers: seldom seen and hard to eradicate gopher moles that are of no known benefit to humans or even other critters. They were created in a laboratory by Humphrey geneticists back in the day to infest and overcome the Vietcong without a shot fired, but the Hump lost the election before the experiments were completed. So they have been used instead by the gopher regime to combat the people Minnesotans fear more than any other: UND hockey players and fans.
              My son and I have eradicated close to 60 from our earth with our .22's so far. **** rodents. Good for nothing.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
                We got a banner from a better conference than you. and, we can actually put our favorite mascot/logo on ours.
                I remember when the golden chokers used to hang banners for national titles. It was a long time ago... But I remember.

Comment

BUFFALO, N.Y. – University of North Dakota sophomore Rhett Gardner and three future Fighting Hawks were selected on the second day of the 2016 National Hockey League Entry Draft on Saturday at First Niagara Center.

Gardner was taken by the Dallas Stars in the fourth round (116th overall), while National Letter of Intent signees Mitchell Mattson (Calgary, 5th round, 126th overall), Peter Thome (Columbus, 6th round, 155th overall) and Collin Adams (New York Islanders, 6th round, 170th overall) also had their names called.

Gardner became UND’s first player since Dillon Simpson in 2011 to be drafted following his freshman season. The 6-2, 215-pound forward from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, registered 11 goals and seven assists in 41 games last season and paced all National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) freshmen with 280 faceoff wins.

Mattson, a 6-4, 204-pound forward, had 17 goals and 29 assists in 25 games last season for Grand Rapids (Minn.) High School, then went on to play 21 games with the United States Hockey League’s (USHL) Bloomington Thunder and scored two goals. His sister, Sidney Mattson, was a freshman setter with the UND volleyball team last year.

Thome (pronouncd TOE-mee) spent the 2015-16 season with the North American Hockey League’s (NAHL) Aberdeen Wings, appearing in 47 games and going 17-21-9 with a 2.43 goals against average and a league-leading .929 save percentage. The Minneapolis native also had four shutouts. Thome’s cousin, Andrew Thome, pitched for the UND baseball team from 2012-15 and is currently in his first professional season with the Houston Astros organization.

Adams, a 5-0, 179-pound forward from Brighton, Mich., spent last season with the USHL’s Muskegon Lumberjacks. He had 27 goals and 34 assists in 59 games and tied for fifth in the USHL scoring race.

UND has now had 173 players taken in the NHL Entry Draft dating back to 1963 and has had multiple players taken every year since 2000.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Ah yes, "change.org" petitions, just slightly more effective than arguing on Facebook or posting forums.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      My son and I have eradicated close to 60 from our earth with our .22's so far. **** rodents. Good for nothing.
                      I recommend a .17 HMR with scope. You get double the range.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Adams, a 5-0, 179-pound forward from Brighton, Mich., spent last season with the USHL’s Muskegon Lumberjacks. He had 27 goals and 34 assists in 59 games and tied for fifth in the USHL scoring race.
                        I want to see a midget (vertically challenged person) playing college hockey.
                        University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
                        Frozen Fours: 22
                        Conference Titles: 17
                        14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

And you care why?
                          I'm sure it's a wonky proposal and won't go anywhere but come on rival fans aren't going to point stuff like that out about each other? fwiw I said all along the name should have been left alone but anyway here's some Midol.

Comment

And you care why?
                            Slap Shot is doomed as a gopher fan, but he plays the game the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagle View Post
                              I want to see a midget (vertically challenged person) playing college hockey.
                              Become a BC fan. That seemed to be their MO for a while.

Seriously, Adams is 5'9" (press release has a typo).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                I recommend a .17 HMR with scope. You get double the range.
                                .22 with scope seems to work just fine with hollow point ammo.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X