Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Off Season thread - 2016

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Per Twitter Lucia has been offered a 2-year extension not yet signed - no $ details on the offer.
    Exactly what I thought Coyle would offer - 2 years. Pressure's on!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      I love how the goof always seem to have a couple of scandinavians and wisconsonites... I know how it's a kick in the berries to guys like happy that their beloved goofs can't all be from minnesota.
      I realize you guys are stupid, but Scandinavia and Wisconsin are not part of Canada.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        If anybody can then maybe it's time for tDon to look north of the border. Again they could all come from Russia just as long as they put a good product on the ice and I would say they have done just that the last 15 years.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          UND's "argument" isn't so much an argument as it is a fact... 8>5.

Just saying.
          You have one this millennium. Live in the somewhat "now."
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Don Lucia on contract status: 'I haven't signed anything yet'
            http://www.startribune.com/don-lucia...yet/387696571/

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Don Lucia on contract status: 'I haven't signed anything yet'
              http://www.startribune.com/don-lucia...yet/387696571/
              I fully think this is an extension that is a "wait and see" approach. Let the AD settle in, etc. A coach of tDon's stature and only a 2 yr extension? Kinda wondering about that....
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

How many coaches of his stature miss the tournament four out of eight years including right before the extension offer and get a bunch of years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  How many coaches of his stature miss the tournament four out of eight years including right before the extension offer and get a bunch of years?
                  Look no further than Pitino and his raise and contract. He has done nothing with the basketball team yet still gets a huge raise.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    Look no further than Pitino and his raise and contract. He has done nothing with the basketball team yet still gets a huge raise.
                    I meant hockey coaches let's not talk about that joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      I meant hockey coaches let's not talk about that joke.
                      I understand it's a joke but you just have to wonder who is running the asylum over there.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        How many coaches have to sit through an AD change? It's a big change. I think the current AD is gonna see what the overall situation is, and act accordingly. Well, I hope that's the case, anyways.

Comment

It's a new AD who I am sure wants to have "his guy" in place and let's face it he hasn't had enough time to settle in and analyze the full situation yet, but didn't want to do nothing so he compromised with 2 years. Those tossing around "lame duck" aren't seeing the forest for the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            It's a new AD who I am sure wants to have "his guy" in place and let's face it he hasn't had enough time to settle in and analyze the full situation yet, but didn't want to do nothing so he compromised with 2 years. Those tossing around "lame duck" aren't seeing the forest for the trees.
                            Agreed.

Comment

Plus Coyle was at the U when Lucia's teams last won it all in 2001-02 and 2002-03, so he knows what the program under Lucia is capable of. But on the other hand he's aware that it's been 13 years since those glory years, and for a college hockey program of such history and stature he no doubt realizes that the team should be doing better. My guess is that in his mind a two year extension is an appropriate compromise. It should allow Lucia to show improvement, especially against the team's in-state rivals and in the post season...without locking the school into an expensive buy-out should the expected progress not materialize, as is obviously the case right now with Pitino. And then there's the wrestling situation that is also in the forefront, and football with their new coach....I think he also just wanted to get the hockey situation behind him so he could concentrate on more urgent priorities.

Comment

We Nodaks have lost track a little of how good UMTC is, though they seem to have been good to very good in recent years. The S'awks lost a lot from last year--are you guys thinking the Gophs have a good chance of giving them a rough welcome back to the old dance floor? You know the tundrabillies will be just as rude and grabazz as they ever were.

Comment

Working...
                                X