X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four Feedback Survey

Received an email today directing me to this link

http://www.questionpro.com/a/TakeSur...2&rd=269477590

to participate in a survey about the FF. I just got home from Tampa, but I was really stoked to give them my feedback. While we enjoyed it, as usual, I am still furious with that dumbass emptying of the arena between games. I'm guessing it was at least an annoyance for everyone, but for some of us that don't get around so well, it represented a real burden.

There were a lot of other questions that weren't so important to us (e.g. the Fan Fest, between periods entertainment, use of social media, who should play the National Anthem), but may be to you. Also, there is an open-ended question so that if they don't ask about something you really care about you can give them your feedback (as I did, using lots of upper case).
    Last edited by CLS; 04-11-2016, 11:01 PM.

Re: Frozen Four Feedback Survey

Mookie gave a 10+ to the question: "The emcee enhanced my enjoyment of the event." (in regards to Tsongas and TD Garden)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Mookie gave a 10+ to the question: "The emcee enhanced my enjoyment of the event." (in regards to Tsongas and TD Garden)
      tampa had some white dude with a beard. not mookie's cup of tea
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Thought Tampa was once again a great host and the venue is superb. However on the open ended question I let them know while we appreciate being sent out into the warm Florida evening that an hour certainly does not allow for anyone to get a bite unless they do what we did, which was tailgate in the parking lot across the street. And starting a second game at 9:00 is a big risk. Had the first game gone to OT or the second game (which looked very realistic) gotten their we are talking about people being sent out into the night at 1:00 in the morning.

I know ESPN dictates all, but would love to get back to a 2:00 and 7:30 game. Next year in Chicago not sure what is near the arena, but either send us out and allow time for dinner and libations or keep us in, but the 1 hour deal seems silly.

Only other issue was with the PA guy. Could not pronounce Quinnipiac to save his life. Sorry you can not screw up the name of one of the teams! And where was Denver's band??? Glad to see NoDak win the semi as it would have been a championship lacking atmosphere with no DU band and a very small fan base in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
          Next year in Chicago not sure what is near the arena,.
          shootings and crime

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...nited%20center
          Last edited by billmich88888; 04-12-2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
            Received an email today directing me to this link

http://www.questionpro.com/a/TakeSur...2&rd=269477590

to participate in a survey about the FF. I just got home from Tampa, but I was really stoked to give them my feedback. While we enjoyed it, as usual, I am still furious with that dumbass emptying of the arena between games. I'm guessing it was at least an annoyance for everyone, but for some of us that don't get around so well, it represented a real burden.

There were a lot of other questions that weren't so important to us (e.g. the Fan Fest, between periods entertainment, use of social media, who should play the National Anthem), but may be to you. Also, there is an open-ended question so that if they don't ask about something you really care about you can give them your feedback (as I did, using lots of upper case).
            Emptying the arena between games is not all that odd, especially if there were separate tickets for each game. I recall that happening when I went to World Juniors a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
              but it is HIGH QUALITY shootings and crime. top notch, top notch!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Emptying the arena between games is not all that odd, especially if there were separate tickets for each game. I recall that happening when I went to World Juniors a few years back.
                mookie believes in general we as a group prefer two thursday tickets. we just want a 2p game then a 7p game. time to hit the street and grab a beer and a meal.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  mookie believes in general we as a group prefer two thursday tickets. we just want a 2p game then a 7p game. time to hit the street and grab a beer and a meal.
                  No, emptying the arena is not all that odd, but your logic is backwards. You don't empty arena if you have separate tickets; you print separate tickets if you're going to empty the arena. What was odd, and inconvenient, was emptying the arena combined with scheduling back to back games. Fans basically had to exit, then immediately re-enter. Time that could have been spent getting something to eat at one of the stadium concession stand was instead spent exiting or waiting to re-enter. I don't know what your situation was at the World Juniors. Were the games more than one hour apart?

While our preferred solution is not Mookie's suggestion, that's at least one reasonable way of doing it, and in fact the way it was done until 2006 or 2007.

FWIW, the usher at Amalie told us that the NCAA wanted to empty the arena last year, but the TD Garden refused, and in this case I have to agree with the TD Garden. Pumping out 17,000 fans into the same area as a major commuter railroad station would have been chaos. And, in fact, I think 2016 would have been chaos also if it weren't for some very good work by the crew at Amalie and some luck (they did some serious security corner-cutting).

Comment

No, emptying the arena is not all that odd, but your logic is backwards. You don't empty arena if you have separate tickets; you print separate tickets if you're going to empty the arena. What was odd, and inconvenient, was emptying the arena combined with scheduling back to back games. Fans basically had to exit, then immediately re-enter. Time that could have been spent getting something to eat at one of the stadium concession stand was instead spent exiting or waiting to re-enter. I don't know what your situation was at the World Juniors. Were the games more than one hour apart?

While our preferred solution is not Mookie's suggestion, that's at least one reasonable way of doing it, and in fact the way it was done until 2006 or 2007.
                    2007 was St. Louis, and separate tickets were printed for both semi-final games.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

And, in fact, I think 2016 would have been chaos also if it weren't for some very good work by the crew at Amalie and some luck (they did some serious security corner-cutting).
                      They had some good practice with crowd control/directing last NHL playoffs. The plaza outside would be packed to capacity between fans pre-game and those in lawn chairs staying outside to watch the game shown on the far wall.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                        I let them know while we appreciate being sent out into the warm Florida evening that an hour certainly does not allow for anyone to get a bite unless they do what we did, which was tailgate in the parking lot across the street. And starting a second game at 9:00 is a big risk. Had the first game gone to OT or the second game (which looked very realistic) gotten their we are talking about people being sent out into the night at 1:00 in the morning.

I know ESPN dictates all, but would love to get back to a 2:00 and 7:30 game.
                        I said almost the same exact thing verbatim.

Comment

FWIW, the usher at Amalie told us that the NCAA wanted to empty the arena last year, but the TD Garden refused, and in this case I have to agree with the TD Garden. Pumping out 17,000 fans into the same area as a major commuter railroad station would have been chaos. And, in fact, I think 2016 would have been chaos also if it weren't for some very good work by the crew at Amalie and some luck (they did some serious security corner-cutting).
                          They were a bit further apart, and there was a beer tent nearby. Of course, it gets cold in Buffalo in December, so it was a nice way to warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                            It's just not the same without Old Pio.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

They were a bit further apart, and there was a beer tent nearby. Of course, it gets cold in Buffalo in December, so it was a nice way to warm up.
                              Tampa had a beer garden and food trucks right outside the arena between games. Was essentially a nonfactor...crowd got in related fast after the doors opened.

Comment

Working...
                              X