Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Are there any smart and energetic sports nuts on here that are willing to run with this job? Wes has moved on from MI Tech.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      IIRC, bigblue has called the Monte "a fcuking dive" on more than one occasion. I can't say that I disagree, it's definitely the preferred establishment of Hancock barflies.

B&B is probably the better choice. Good luck.
      I may have called the Monte a ****ing dive before, but that's not a bad thing. I don't mind dive bars, but the Monte is most definitely a dive.

I only get to Houghton once, maybe twice a year, and that is to recruit. The last time I was there, in April, was the rare time I was in Houghton by myself, and didn't have anything going on in the evening. But was only in town for 1 day.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Were the reps you got anything like the one you sent?

"Seriously, **** Off. We don't need your bull**** around here. -bbdl"
        Well, no. Most people don't have this advanced handle of the English language, like I do.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Are there any smart and energetic sports nuts on here that are willing to run with this job? Wes has moved on from MI Tech.
          Tech can't afford me.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Tech can't afford me.
            that's the problem... for what is reputed to be a high-demand job they don't pay much. They need to find a young energetic person with all kinds of enthusiasm and loyalty to the cause.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              If the job title was changed to "Director of Hockey Communication and Jersey Operations" AND they could live with my brand of public relations, I would apply. Unfortunately, I don't either of my conditions would be acceptable to Tech so I'm a no go on this one. I'll have to stick with selling ventilation equipment by day and trading old jerseys in my spare time.
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                that's the problem... for what is reputed to be a high-demand job they don't pay much. They need to find a young energetic person with all kinds of enthusiasm and loyalty to the cause.
                I hope an outstanding candidate can be found. Tech's SID post has always been excellent from Dennis Hanks to Fish to Wes. Best wishes to Wes and a huge thanks for all he's done!
                Last edited by davyd83; 05-31-2016, 12:42 PM.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Well since no one else posted it yet...
                  Being the guardian/trustee of the cup, means you have to keep it clean.
                  Time for a little Sauna and then a dip in the lake for the cup.
                  Ryan J

Comment

I see the schedule was released. From memory here, but Duluth, followed by Minnesota State in the first two weekends and then Minnesota State again late in the year. Only one series vs BGSU and Ferris. Maybe the toughest schedule in quite a while.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader
                      Maybe the toughest schedule in quite a while.
                      Thought so as well. Is it due to challenges of scheduling or tMel sees something special?

Comment

I'm sure they just want to play the top teams as Mel had mentioned that in the past. Unfortunately it seems Tech has to go on the road to get that done.

In general, I don't think there are any issues finding NC games... IF you are willing to travel.

Ryan J

Comment

MSU and MI were 2-for-1s, so they had to finish the back-end of those deals this year. Duluth, I'm pretty confident will make a return trip to Houghton in one of the following 2-3 seasons. ND sounded like a last-minute add, so I'm guessing Tech was supposed to be playing WI as had been discussed, and that deal is now on hold with the regime change in Madison. I wouldn't hold my breath on ever seeing ND in Houghton.

Comment

On jersey front, if anyone want a Tanner Kero Ice Hogs game used jersey the team is selling one* of his white jerseys from last season. The red jersey and his practice jersey will also be up on Ebay later this summer. It is beyond what I am willing to pay for it at the opening bid so if anyone else has an interest, have at it. The auction ends tomorrow.
                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/182147378206

* I asked the team if Kero wore more than one jersey as it seemed really clean for a guy who played almost the entire season in the AHL. The team said "he wore at least two whites and maybe more..." Given how clean it is, I'm going with WAY more than two. It looks like it was worn for a couple games at most.

Of course this is the same team that just sold an unused Star Wars night jersey for $2,850 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kyle-Cumiske...-/182063711427). An unused goalie mask from that game with Star Wars paint scheme only sold for around $1,600. Heck the mask and paint job likely cost that much. Folks in IL will buy anything and pay crazy money for it...

Ryan J

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              ...Folks in IL will buy anything and pay crazy money for it...

Ryan J
                              You're not wrong. Prices used to go much higher for Chicago Wolves jerseys back in the AHL days and the early AHL days. After the championship in 2008, popularity in Wolves jerseys waned.

The Hawks winning helps boost the sales for Icehogs jerseys, because it's a chance at Blackhawks players jerseys before they went full NHL. Icehogs jerseys have gotten very expensive to purchase lately.

As for how clean this is, this was likely worn around the time he was called up to the Blackhawks.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                                Of course this is the same team that just sold an unused Star Wars night jersey for $2,850 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kyle-Cumiske...-/182063711427). An unused goalie mask from that game with Star Wars paint scheme only sold for around $1,600. Heck the mask and paint job likely cost that much. Folks in IL will buy anything and pay crazy money for it...
                                Clearly those Illinoisans ought to limit themselves to $1 less than what Ryan Johnson is willing to pay. Craziness!

Comment

Working...
                                X