Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Heisenberg is reporting a new recruit. Pederson from the AJHL.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      And I don't give a flying ****. You're still ****ing annoying and need to just go away.
      Did you not get your nap today?

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Well personally I like davy though he does talk too much some times. So do we all.

I'm glad we have a tough non con schedule, but man, it's a lot of away. I don't trust ND to actually show up in Houghton..
        I doubt I'll go there because of the ref thing. I think ND gets breaks by the refs at almost all of their home games. it's a real travesty at times.
        I watch a lot of ND hockey. If you think umich is arrogant, ND has them beat big time.
        Anyone coming down to Southeast Michigan for games is welcome at my house any time. You can even drink my booze.

I'm also NOT a fan of wisconsin. I don't like the fans, I don't like the administration, and I don't like how they think if they just raise the pay enough the rest of us will fall by the wayside. I'm going to dig down and contribute a bigger check than before simply because of that. It's an arms race and I'm not going to stand by and let big money teams like Wisconsin and ASu run over our program if I can help it.( i'm assuming you all have seen what Granato and his assistants make.)
        I wouldn't wager any large dollars on ND in the UP. LSSU has been to NDs Tourney and to South Bend and our former coach is most welcoming. But he'll never come back to play in the Soo.
        Last edited by RapidsCity; 05-21-2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Well, starting to see the difficulty in scheduling. Is a QWB for a road win still in place. Looks like we will try to maximize that one this year.

I think Tech has a chance to be very good again and have the characteristic depth that has been a trait of Mel's teams.

Interestingly enough, they have 20 players returning if Vallis is granted the additional year. There are some ifs, but the D again seems to be the core of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
            Well, starting to see the difficulty in scheduling. Is a QWB for a road win still in place. Looks like we will try to maximize that one this year.

I think Tech has a chance to be very good again and have the characteristic depth that has been a trait of Mel's teams.

Interestingly enough, they have 20 players returning if Vallis is granted the additional year. There are some ifs, but the D again seems to be the core of the team.
            I'm very eager to see Wintjes and Kero in net.....and to see who gets the start. Mel seems to like to stay with the hot pony once one emerges. I'm guessing Redmond will also be in the mix, as he looked pretty solid on paper. We've been a bit spoiled with GREAT goaltending since Mel arrived. Phillips, Copley and Josh Robinson's last year were really strong. The expectations are going to be high for whoever gets the start, and I have to say, I know very little about how good/consistent our goalies are. They saw very little action and outside of the coaching staff expressing high confidence in Kero and Wintjes, they're a complete question mark. Does anyone else have a better read on Kero and Wintjes' prospects?

Comment

Unless one of the two younger guys is standing out in the early practices, I kinda figure the job in Wintjes' to earn. At least for the first few weeks.

Comment

Apparently they are not going to put the latest MPS on the tech website. it's been about a week with nothing.

Comment

I could see this being a year where we could get a more traditional two goalie rotation. With Wintjes being a senior he's going to be one and done in net so he isn't the future. If you feel one of the underclass is a solid netminder then I think he will split time with Wintjes just so that guy doesn't get the job stone cold next year. However, if neither Kero or Redman shows the potential early on as a solid 1B option, then I could see another 35+ start season for one goalie - Wintjes.
                  Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Ha! I just noticed people giving me rep for ripping on the village idiot. Now that's some entertaining ****!
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      I could see this being a year where we could get a more traditional two goalie rotation. With Wintjes being a senior he's going to be one and done in net so he isn't the future. If you feel one of the underclass is a solid netminder then I think he will split time with Wintjes just so that guy doesn't get the job stone cold next year. However, if neither Kero or Redman shows the potential early on as a solid 1B option, then I could see another 35+ start season for one goalie - Wintjes.
                      Ryan J
                      It is worth noting that D. Kero will be a redshirt sophomore. So he's had two years of coaching from Shawhan, and has three years of eligibility left. With that said, there certainly could end up being a goalie platoon up until a certain point next year. I think that Phillips played so well (for the most part) the last two years, that Mel & Joe were spoiled from having to make such decisions.

In addition Redmond is 21, so he can't be redshirted even if he doesn't dress for any games next season. I'd expect a commitment from a goaltender for 2018 in the next 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Ha! I just noticed people giving me rep for ripping on the village idiot. Now that's some entertaining ****!
                        Were the reps you got anything like the one you sent?

"Seriously, **** Off. We don't need your bull**** around here. -bbdl"
                        Last edited by davyd83; 05-25-2016, 10:48 PM.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Were the reps you got anything like the one you sent?

"Seriously, **** Off. We don't need your bull**** around here. -bbdl"
                          At least he signed the neg rep...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            At least he signed the neg rep...
                            Fade, that's why you're one of my favorite Tech posters. I'm gonna have to invite this bbdl guy for a beer at the Monte next time I'm in town! Bury the hatchet. Or maybe have one at the B&B since it goes with the initials
                            Last edited by davyd83; 05-25-2016, 11:30 PM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Fade, that's why you're one of my favorite Tech posters. I'm gonna have to invite this bbdl guy for a beer at the Monte next time I'm in town! Bury the hatchet. Or maybe have one at the B&B since it goes with the initials
                              IIRC, bigblue has called the Monte "a fcuking dive" on more than one occasion. I can't say that I disagree, it's definitely the preferred establishment of Hancock barflies.

B&B is probably the better choice. Good luck.

Comment

If you read the interview on CHN with the new st lawrence coach he talks about how competitive and cutthroat recruiting has become. I think it's too bad that we can't have more ethics around the process and find a way to not steal each others guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X