Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Is this for sure a thing now? Wouldn't it make more sense for your first 14 home games and not necessarily just first-half/second-half?

GFM
    It's probably easier to put a date for everyone on it than to do it at the exact midpoint (7 home games) of your home schedule.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Any feeling here on the new playoff format?
      I think it is a move in the right direction.
      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

It's probably the best solution to a bad situation. Like choosing a sinus infection over the plague.

Comment

I think it will provide for a better playoff atmosphere. Playing to less than half-full buildings just wasn't cutting it. It is a 3 year agreement, but hope they keep it if it does well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
            I think it will provide for a better playoff atmosphere. Playing to less than half-full buildings just wasn't cutting it. It is a 3 year agreement, but hope they keep it if it does well.
            It might also be a matter of getting them to the point where the Resch Center is available that weekend.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Tech tweeted a graphic showing the teams we play next year....the surprise. Notre Dame?
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, looks like Michigan, MI State, UMD and Notre Dame are the NC games next season. Wonder if any of them are coming to Houghton?
                Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Yeah, looks like Michigan, MI State, UMD and Notre Dame are the NC games next season. Wonder if any of them are coming to Houghton?
                  Ryan J
                  MI and MSU won't be, and I don't think ND will. Maybe UMD in Houghton this fall, and Tech in Duluth next fall?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    MI and MSU won't be, and I don't think ND will. Maybe UMD in Houghton this fall, and Tech in Duluth next fall?
                    I think Duluth was already unofficially announced as a road series this season. So I would say none of the four series in question will be in Houghton this season.

I'm curious that there seems to be no exhibition game at all, judging by the logos.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      I think Duluth was already unofficially announced as a road series this season. So I would say none of the four series in question will be in Houghton this season.

I'm curious that there seems to be no exhibition game at all, judging by the logos.
                      There is no way that Mel would agree to play 8 road games after skipping on 2 games last season.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

It was? Don't recall seeing that. Last I heard it was supposed to be a home and home...not ideal. So hopefully they went with a 1 for 1 with a return trip in two years
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          It might also be a matter of getting them to the point where the Resch Center is available that weekend.
                          The WIAA Girls BB is locked in to the Resch through 2020. With as successful as that has been in that venue, it's hard to imagine PMI dumping it for the WCHA unless Madison or Milwaukee come up with a better offer.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Other than in terms of accessibility for fans from Houghton and Marquette, Green Bay would be no better than Grand Rapids. There are no WCHA teams from WI, and hockey in WI is third behind basketball and football.

Comment

Wish a rich donor would throw in the dough to get the Mac expansion done ASAP. Would make the home playoffs even more exciting with the new digs all in place.
                              A guy can wish, can't he?😂

Comment

New commit for this year.

Erik Pedersen from the AJHL

Erik Pedersen Commits to Michigan Tech
                                http://www.ajhl.ca/media-centre/news...ml?newsID=9345

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=62106

Comment

Working...
                                X