Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    hitting you up for money now, eh?
    No, just advice.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      "They're just getting Mel's first trip back to Houghton on the calendar well in advance!"

/What M fans are telling themselves
      Don't even think that. How dare you!
      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
        Don't even think that. How dare you!
        C'mon, I'm just saying. You can't deny that's been the thinking by Wolverine hockey fans ever since Mel left Ann Arbor. I have a good friend who still insists the press release will come the day after Red announces his retirement. It's going to be fun to rub a bit of salt in the wound when it doesn't happen.

Comment

C'mon, I'm just saying. You can't deny that's been the thinking by Wolverine hockey fans ever since Mel left Ann Arbor. I have a good friend who still insists the press release will come the day after Red announces his retirement. It's going to be fun to rub a bit of salt in the wound when it doesn't happen.
          Mel can't leave now...that just wouldn't be right !
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

"They're just getting Mel's first trip back to Houghton on the calendar well in advance!"

/What M fans are telling themselves
            Didn't realize I was that big of a deal...
            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Anyone heard anything from the coaches group vacation in Florida, err coaches convention? It has been strangely quiet.
              Time to update the Tech website to SEVEN-Time WCHA champs...
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Just got this from a Michigan alum:
                "The Michigan Tech series is going to be Oct. 21-22, the same weekend as Homecoming football, so that's your Michigan sports fix weekend. We plan to recognize the 96 national title team that weekend too. :-)"
                FYI,
                Ryan J

Comment

The next weekend will be the first NMU series (Friday in Houghton, Saturday in Marquette) on the 28th & 29th. I'm led to believe that the first weekend in November will be the series at Michigan State.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    Just got this from a Michigan alum:
                    "The Michigan Tech series is going to be Oct. 21-22, the same weekend as Homecoming football, so that's your Michigan sports fix weekend. We plan to recognize the 96 national title team that weekend too. :-)"
                    FYI,
                    Ryan J
                    Well ****. There goes my dream of having a Houghton trip during MEA Break.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Sounds like Tech will not have any new jerseys next season, keeping in mind Tech has to wear black at home half the season now, when the make changes I would like to see the following:

Keep the current white design with the round crest
                      Keep the current cream "Huskies" design as the "light" throwback / alternate
                      Replace the current black jerseys with the new Husky oval logo below
                      Replace the current gold jerseys with the vintage jersey belowas a "dark" alternate
                      (Last time Tech had something like this was 20+ years ago so it's time for a new throwback concept)
                      This gives the team two jerseys options for home and road. Right now they really have three lights and only one dark option.
                      Ryan J

Comment

... keeping in mind Tech has to wear black at home half the season now, ...
                        Is this for sure a thing now? Wouldn't it make more sense for your first 14 home games and not necessarily just first-half/second-half?

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

I was assuming the mid-year jersey color swap was a change that would continue going forward until someone at the league office has another idea to spark interest in the league other than a new jersey color.
                          Ryan J

Comment

I was assuming the mid-year jersey color swap was a change that would continue going forward until someone at the league office has another idea to spark interest in the league other than a new jersey color.
                            Ryan J
                            Can we change some of the stripes, including those inside them?

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm not sure if I have the power to change officials, only stripes on jerseys. Maybe I can get the current officials to wear different jerseys, but that is about it.

However speaking of officials, I would certainly be in favor of doing away with the stupid reviewing of an offsides call that happened several minutes prior to a goal being scored. I don't know of any other sport that allows a review like that after play is allowed to continue. It is like after a touchdown is scored going back 6 plays and noticing that the man in motion was not set at the snap and taking away the touchdown. Yes, I know they do it for goals as well. I can almost tolerate that because it only alters the game if a legal goal was scored. If no goal, they play on and the only downside is another delay.

I really don't want to see hockey go the way of football where every stinking close play the coach throws a red puck at the ref and the play gets a 10 minute review. If it was so close the linesman didn't get it right on the ice, then it was close enough - play on. 90% of the calls on the ice are judgement calls. Usually when they go to the replay it still takes them 10 minutes to figure out the call. If it is that close, just leave the play alone and play on. Sometimes you get the shaft, sometimes you get a break. If the game is that close that one call changes the outcome, then you should have scored another goal. Offsides review ranks right up there with the "toe in the crease era" of the late 90s in the NHL. Pointless.

Anyway, I will see what I can do about getting different stripes on the Tech jerseys as well.

Ryan J

Comment

Sounds like Tech will not have any new jerseys next season, keeping in mind Tech has to wear black at home half the season now, when the make changes I would like to see the following:

Keep the current white design with the round crest
                                Keep the current cream "Huskies" design as the "light" throwback / alternate
                                Replace the current black jerseys with the new Husky oval logo below
                                Replace the current gold jerseys with the vintage jersey belowas a "dark" alternate
                                (Last time Tech had something like this was 20+ years ago so it's time for a new throwback concept)
                                This gives the team two jerseys options for home and road. Right now they really have three lights and only one dark option.
                                Ryan J

The Gold sweaters with the Huskies script is a classic, as is the white. I do like the idea of the new logo on a black sweater. The best thing about the gold is that you can wear it against an opposing team's whites or most darks.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X