Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    The president of the faculty association also doesn't understand that hockey can't just go to D3 without all athletics going d3, or they won't truly be d3 in hockey...
    Yep.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      The president of the faculty association also doesn't understand that hockey can't just go to D3 without all athletics going d3, or they won't truly be d3 in hockey...
      As was seen at Tech, winning solves this type of talk. Hopefully the WCHA can keep going in the future, with Tech, Ferris, NMU and LSSU all involved.

Comment

For anyone who lives in the LP, or anywhere else for that matter, Scott Monaghan, director of Hockey Operations for USA hockey and Sean Braziel, volunteer coach, are going to be speaking at the Kiwanis Club in Plymouth next thursday at noon. If you are interested e mail me and I can get you free tickets.As you know the USNTDP is headquartered now in Plymouth.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
          There has to be concern now with the WCHA for Tech... potential BGSU [flight risk]...
          If Tech continues to win 20+ games per season, they have no worries regardless of what happens to the WCHA.

If ASU is going to join the NCHC, both BGSU and MSU are not going to the NCHC because they won't have a partner to join with... well at least until San Diego, UNLV, Oregon or who ever folks claim are making the jump, actually goes DI.

Ryan

PS Yesterday, I heard the U-HI Fighting Rainbows are going to D-I in hockey and will be joining the Pacific Rim Division of the NCHC. Actually I'm not sure they even have a team, but I'm still pretty sure they are going D-I...
          Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 08-25-2016, 05:21 PM.
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The main Hockey Roster page is still 15-16, but updating the website with 2016-17 has a roster on it.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...2016-17/roster

Obviously it's not official but some notes at this point.
            No Keegan Ford listed yet
            Todd Kiilunen is listed at D from Brighton, MI
            Patrick Anderson is listed, didn't he participate in the senior night last year?

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              Patrick Anderson is listed, didn't he participate in the senior night last year?
              They have both Patrick Anderson and Thomas Beretta wearing #13. Perhaps the door was open for Anderson to return, but he recently decided not to and so Beretta took his number?

I have to think Kiilunen's listing means Ford isn't coming. Odd that Kiilunen would come in as an 18-year-old and we didn't know anything about it until now, unless a spot just opened up and Pearson told him it was now or never.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                The main Hockey Roster page is still 15-16, but updating the website with 2016-17 has a roster on it.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/s...2016-17/roster

I realize that the Keegan Ford situation is purely conjecture at this point, but if it turns out to be true that he won't be a Husky this season I can't help but wonder if the all-new staff at Wisconsin may have talked him into returning. Per this article, Wisconsin has some roster setbacks and only has 6 defensemen to start the season. http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2016...shl-admissions

Comment

Originally posted by Madison Husky View Post
                  I realize that the Keegan Ford situation is purely conjecture at this point, but if it turns out to be true that he won't be a Husky this season I can't help but wonder if the all-new staff at Wisconsin may have talked him into returning. Per this article, Wisconsin has some roster setbacks and only has 6 defensemen to start the season. http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2016...shl-admissions
                  Didn't he sign an NLI?

Comment

Regarding Ford; I couldn't understand why he left Wisconsin anyway. He played every game while he was there as a freshman. It would be tough to expect that anywhere else. Especially at Tech with the defense they've got.
                    I would think he could see that Tech will be a tough lineup to crack.
                    Probably got some insight from Boeing and realized how tough it would be.
                    I believe if Tech let's him out of the NLI he could go back to Wisconsin if they would take him back.
                    Hope it all works out for him whatever he decides.
                    Got to be tough on a young kid. Probably not making any of these decisions on his own; good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                      Regarding Ford; I couldn't understand why he left Wisconsin anyway. He played every game while he was there as a freshman. It would be tough to expect that anywhere else. Especially at Tech with the defense they've got.
                      I would think he could see that Tech will be a tough lineup to crack.
                      I was not sure why he left Wisconsin either. With the new coaching staff, it would not surprise me if he returns, especially with his brother still playing for Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                        I was not sure why he left Wisconsin either. With the new coaching staff, it would not surprise me if he returns, especially with his brother still playing for Wisconsin.
                        No offense to anyone, but you can't go jerking people and organizations around like this. People are spending a lot of time and money to get you in and when you make a commitment you need to stick to it. especially if you are only there to fill in until january.

Second, is there not such a thing as the gentlemen agreement? You have to think that wisconsin violated it. Pretty early in his coaching career to do that. You get a reputation for doing things the wrong way. It's a small community after all.

Third you don't want someone here who doesn't want to be here and if he's not here by now he's not coming, but I'd make him wait a bit for his NLI release.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          No offense to anyone, but you can't go jerking people and organizations around like this. People are spending a lot of time and money to get you in and when you make a commitment you need to stick to it. especially if you are only there to fill in until january.

Second, is there not such a thing as the gentlemen agreement? You have to think that wisconsin violated it. Pretty early in his coaching career to do that. You get a reputation for doing things the wrong way. It's a small community after all.

Third you don't want someone here who doesn't want to be here and if he's not here by now he's not coming, but I'd make him wait a bit for his NLI release.
                          There are no gentleman in the Big10 or NACHO. They're all ****ing *****s.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The "gentleman's agreement" all but died a few years ago when Lucia, Eaves, York, and a few others openly said they wouldn't adhere to it any longer. The only thing preventing it from being officially ended is that a majority of the D1 head coaches are still upholding it when it's voted on.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Him going back to Wisconsin is just speculation. Might be a little premature to be going after the coaches.Even if he does go back we don't know that they contacted him.
                              Cut the kid a little slack until you know for sure what his situation is. If you want him to stick to commitment he should go back to Wisconsin; his first commitment.
                              As far as delaying his release, why? Again he's just a kid.

Comment

you're right. my bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X