Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    Prayers sent your way for the hubby and you.
    thank you. we are needing them.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      so we are in Scottsdale AZ for the mister's cancer check up at Mayo. we are having a beer at the hotel bar after. the mister is wearing (as always) his Tech shirt. a man walks up to us and points to Toms shirts. Tech grad we ask. yes, Metallurgical Engineering, 59-63. we talk Tech a bit and I pick up a bit of a Canadian accent. what brought you to Tech I ask, already knowing the answer. (what else brings Canadians to Tech?) Hockey. 59-63? Gary Begg. he played on the 62 NCAA championship team. good friends with Rick Yeo. Knows tMel. spends winters in Barbados, where we sometimes do to and where John Scott spent his honeymoon. can coincidence get any more crazy??

BTW. the misters cancer has returned, especially in the salivary gland skin. will be under going radiation soon. any prayers, karma, kind thoughts, etc are appreciated.
      Thoughts & prayers & best wishes!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        thank you. we are needing them.
        You need then you got them coming. Keep up the fight.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

[QUOTE=rustedblades;6335202]Not sure I would get super excited about the incoming forward prospects until you've seen them play at this level. [QUOTE]

Completely agree....I was one the people who thought Blacklock and Anderson would really light things up...not that they didn't/don't have potential, but history has shown that around 1/3 of our prospects don't quite live up to expectations for whatever reasons. Unless an upper-classman really steps up his game, I don't see a Kero, Petan or Gould caliber player on the roster for the upcoming season. I think we'll still be dominant in WCHA play with fairly deep/balanced scoring and VERY solid defense, but I don't know if we're on track to be a top 10 team without a bit of providence, particularly in the goalie arena.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
            Completely agree....I was one the people who thought Blacklock and Anderson would really light things up...not that they didn't/don't have potential, but history has shown that around 1/3 of our prospects don't quite live up to expectations for whatever reasons. Unless an upper-classman really steps up his game, I don't see a Kero, Petan or Gould caliber player on the roster for the upcoming season. I think we'll still be dominant in WCHA play with fairly deep/balanced scoring and VERY solid defense, but I don't know if we're on track to be a top 10 team without a bit of providence, particularly in the goalie arena.
            To be fair, its more a matter of Mel's ability to build depth. Freshman don't need to play 30+ games now, let alone get top 6 minutes anymore.

Lucchini was an exception because of the position need at center. As for the point totals, I think Heinonen and L'Esperance have a great chance to be all-conference first team guys. They finished 2nd and 3rd on the team in goals/points last year.

As for Blacklock and Anderson...who knows what will happen
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Does anyone know what players are going to NHL camps and where? I see the Rienke and Birks stories but can't find any others. I thought Mel said there were quite a few.

I see on twitter to follow the guys on snap chat but have no interest in downloading that app.

I thought he was going to talk about them on the last radio show but it only got a brief mention. Sounded like he may be concerned about flight risks still?

I would think most of the defensemen had an opportunity to go somewhere. Forwards I would expect Heinonen, Sturos, Steman, Jackson, Lucchini, maybe Lesperance and Baltus also.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                I see on twitter to follow the guys on snap chat but have no interest in downloading that app.
                I downloaded it once, and deleted it shortly thereafter. I couldn't figure out how it worked, or what the point of it was.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I downloaded it once, and deleted it shortly thereafter. I couldn't figure out how it worked, or what the point of it was.
                  Much rather read it on the tech website or THG

Comment

I have it downloaded...don't get the point of it, but my wife downloaded it for me and made an account, so its on my phone. I have opened it, maybe 3 times, and have no idea what the password is anymore. I may as well just delete it.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I have it downloaded...don't get the point of it, but my wife downloaded it for me and made an account, so its on my phone. I have opened it, maybe 3 times, and have no idea what the password is anymore. I may as well just delete it.
                      I think college kids these days use it for sexting? But that describes a lot of apps.

Comment

I think college kids these days use it for sexting? But that describes a lot of apps.
                        Because text messages were too easy? W.....T.....F....
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          That would be Tinder but you know that already

Comment

Cliff Watson has been named Captain, while Shane Hanna, Brett Baltus and Mike Neville have been named Alternates.
                            Surprised to see Baltus make the list and also surprised that they're all seniors.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Does anyone know what players are going to NHL camps and where? I see the Rienke and Birks stories but can't find any others. I thought Mel said there were quite a few.

I thought he was going to talk about them on the last radio show but it only got a brief mention. Sounded like he may be concerned about flight risks still?

I would think most of the defensemen had an opportunity to go somewhere. Forwards I would expect Heinonen, Sturos, Steman, Jackson, Lucchini, maybe Lesperance and Baltus also.
                              Many of the teams have not announced their camp rosters yet. I see that Joel L'Esperance is on the camp roster that was just announced for the Anaheim Ducks.
                              Last edited by Madison Husky; 06-29-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I see on twitter to follow the guys on snap chat but have no interest in downloading that app...
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                I have it downloaded...don't get the point of it... I may as well just delete it.
                                Ha ha ha. Welcome to the other side of the rink, bring your canes.
                                *tap* *tap* *tap*.

Ryan J
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X