Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    Anyone have a link to this morning's Mel Pearson Show?
    I didn't see anything on Tech's athletic website.
    I missed it this morning.
    Here you go: http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/m...l_Pearson_Show

It says June 22, 2016, so it's from the future. Enjoy.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      When Mel said he had to leave because a couple of recruits were in town, he said something to the effect that there was one dad on the trip as well. With twins committing, now we know who was in Houghton today I'd say.

Here are a few others notes I had this morning.
      There are 38 games on the schedule already, there is no need for an extra exhibition game in December.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
        Here you go: http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/m...l_Pearson_Show

It says June 22, 2016, so it's from the future. Enjoy.
        Thanks for digging that up, much appreciated.
        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Looks to me that we will be better offensively than last year, but it might take a few games for our new guys to get acclimated. I think the defense will be as good and the only question in my mind would be in goal. But you know Phillips didn;t do that great at the beginning of the year, so overall I think the goaltending will be about the same.
          Now given the schedule....., well should be interesting first 5 weeks.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            There are 38 games on the schedule already, there is no need for an extra exhibition game in December.
            Couldn't agree more. Even with 36, those midseason exhibitions offer far more risk than benefit. The plus is getting some 5th & 6th liners and the 8-9 D some game condition ice time, the minus is the injury risk. And sometimes those Canadian & Junior games can get a little chippy.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Looks to me that we will be better offensively than last year, but it might take a few games for our new guys to get acclimated. I think the defense will be as good and the only question in my mind would be in goal. But you know Phillips didn;t do that great at the beginning of the year, so overall I think the goaltending will be about the same.
              Now given the schedule....., well should be interesting first 5 weeks.
              If you get through that stretch with 5 or 6 W's, you're in great shape!
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                If you get through that stretch with 5 or 6 W's, you're in great shape!
                Yeah, even splitting with Michigan, Notre Dame and UMD would go a helluva long ways toward improved PWR.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

so we are in Scottsdale AZ for the mister's cancer check up at Mayo. we are having a beer at the hotel bar after. the mister is wearing (as always) his Tech shirt. a man walks up to us and points to Toms shirts. Tech grad we ask. yes, Metallurgical Engineering, 59-63. we talk Tech a bit and I pick up a bit of a Canadian accent. what brought you to Tech I ask, already knowing the answer. (what else brings Canadians to Tech?) Hockey. 59-63? Gary Begg. he played on the 62 NCAA championship team. good friends with Rick Yeo. Knows tMel. spends winters in Barbados, where we sometimes do to and where John Scott spent his honeymoon. can coincidence get any more crazy??

BTW. the misters cancer has returned, especially in the salivary gland skin. will be under going radiation soon. any prayers, karma, kind thoughts, etc are appreciated.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Couldn't agree more. Even with 36, those midseason exhibitions offer far more risk than benefit. The plus is getting some 5th & 6th liners and the 8-9 D some game condition ice time, the minus is the injury risk. And sometimes those Canadian & Junior games can get a little chippy.
                    Mel also mentioned on his show that finals are around that time of year. Wants the players to keep up in the classroom, much the same as John MacInnes was about the studies.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      so we are in Scottsdale AZ for the mister's cancer check up at Mayo. we are having a beer at the hotel bar after. the mister is wearing (as always) his Tech shirt. a man walks up to us and points to Toms shirts. Tech grad we ask. yes, Metallurgical Engineering, 59-63. we talk Tech a bit and I pick up a bit of a Canadian accent. what brought you to Tech I ask, already knowing the answer. (what else brings Canadians to Tech?) Hockey. 59-63? Gary Begg. he played on the 62 NCAA championship team. good friends with Rick Yeo. Knows tMel. spends winters in Barbados, where we sometimes do to and where John Scott spent his honeymoon. can coincidence get any more crazy??

BTW. the misters cancer has returned, especially in the salivary gland skin. will be under going radiation soon. any prayers, karma, kind thoughts, etc are appreciated.
                      Prayers sent your way for the hubby and you.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        Count on it.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post

Hope he gets healthy soon!

Comment

Prayers coming for the mister.!
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Tech looking awesome this year, Gerrie and Beretta too good to sit, same with Reinke and Ford, will split time for Birks. See you at the NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                Tech looking awesome this year, Gerrie and Beretta too good to sit, same with Reinke and Ford, will split time for Birks. See you at the NCAAs.
                                Not sure I would get super excited about the incoming forward prospects until you've seen them play at this level. I recall the same type of enthusiasm for a couple other incoming guys a couple of years ago and there ice time has been limited. Gerrie's numbers are respectable for the BCHL but hardly phenomenal. Evan Anderson had better BCHL numbers and has played 2 games ( I know he was sick for part of his first year, not sure the circumstances last year)

Lucchini's BCHL numbers are almost double Gerrie's. I don't think Gerrie is at Lucchini's level. Hope I'm wrong.

Regarding Berretta, I believe the OJ is a step or 2 below the BCHL so it is hard to say where he will end up. If he put up those kind of numbers in the BCHL I would be excited. Not sure how the numbers translate coming from the OJHL?

I actually think Gould is the most promising of the forward prospects. Better than a point a game numbers even after being traded mid stream. If anyone steps right in I would put my money on him.

I hope you are right about Gerrie and Berreta, but I am more cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X