Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Does anyone know if there is a way to pick your seat location when purchasing season tickets online or do you have to call the box office to pick specific seats? I have been unable to find that option.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
      clearly those FIB ought to limit themselves to $1 less than what ryan johnson is willing to pay. Craziness!
      fyp

Comment

I believe there is a seat map at least the last time I bought tickets there was. its been 2 years though.
        I'm here to say I would like to see the MPS on either Periscope or Facebook live. The era of the radio only show is dead, long live radio streaming to your phone.
        I think it would not only be cool but a good recruiting tool.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

And i'm sure you wouldn't see all those bags under coaches' eyes. Well, most of the time.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Prices used to go much higher for Chicago Wolves jerseys back in the AHL days and the early AHL days.
            The Hawks winning helps boost the sales for Icehogs jerseys, because it's a chance at Blackhawks players jerseys before they went full NHL.
            The Wolves are still one of the higher priced minor league. I felt lucky to get a Clay Wilson second hand. I've never bought anything direct from any of the Chicago teams - NHL or minor league. They are all out of my price range.
            Clearly those Illinoisans ought to limit themselves to $1 less than what Ryan Johnson is willing to pay. Craziness!
            Makes sense to me (and my budget).
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              MSU and MI were 2-for-1s, so they had to finish the back-end of those deals this year. Duluth, I'm pretty confident will make a return trip to Houghton in one of the following 2-3 seasons. ND sounded like a last-minute add, so I'm guessing Tech was supposed to be playing WI as had been discussed, and that deal is now on hold with the regime change in Madison. I wouldn't hold my breath on ever seeing ND in Houghton.
              Wisconsin is locked in to a return trip, that has been tentatively scheduled for 2017-18 from the beginning. Mel confirmed as much on MPS 1/25/2016. Mel made it sound like ND is coming to Houghton but I'm with everyone else on that...unlikely. Mel stated on MPS 5/20/2016 that UMD will be coming to Houghton in 2018-19, which makes sense with MTU's participation in the Icebreaker in Duluth at the start of the 2017-18 season.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                MSU and MI were 2-for-1s, so they had to finish the back-end of those deals this year. Duluth, I'm pretty confident will make a return trip to Houghton in one of the following 2-3 seasons. ND sounded like a last-minute add, so I'm guessing Tech was supposed to be playing WI as had been discussed, and that deal is now on hold with the regime change in Madison. I wouldn't hold my breath on ever seeing ND in Houghton.
                Do we get paid to do 2 for 1s? I'm just wondering if college hockey is going down the path of college football where smaller programs travel more in non-conference and get paid to do so and it ultimately helps the funding of the program/athletic department.

Comment

Here's my attempt at posting last year stats for recruits.

Any guess for the 9 or 10 freshmen Mel mentioned during his show a few weeks back?
                  Gerrie, Gould, Beretta Brice, Smith, Pedersen, Watson, Reinke, Ford, Redmond is 10

Code:
                  Player                 GP	G	A	Points     League
                  Angus Redmond-G        47	3.11	0.902	         (BCHL)
                  Mitch Reinke-RD	        56	6	26	32   (USHL)
                  Cooper Watson-D         57	2	5	7   (USHL)
                  Travis Brown-RD        52	9	13	22   (NAHL)
                  Chris Gerrie-LC	        67	16	29	45  (BCHL)
                  Jake Gingell-D	        55	1	5	6    (USHL)
                  Tristan Rostagno-LD	52	7	8	15   (NAHL)
                  Mitch Newsome-RW	54	9	14	23    (BCHL)
                  Jagger Williamson-F	55	7	22	29    (BCHL)
                  Gavin Gould-F	        68	30	46	76    (BCHL)
                  Keegan Ford-D	        68	12	36	48    (USHL)
                  Carver Watson-D         23	0	0	0      (USHL)
                  Thomas Beretta-F	59	42	29	71    (OJHL)
                  Keaton Pehrson-D	51	3	22	25    (MNSHL/Elite league)
                  Raymond Brice	        60	23	15	38    (NAHL)
                  Colin Swoyer-D	        40	15	30	45   (Elite League/USHL)
                  Alex Smith-C	        61	33	54	87  (SJHL)
                  Jackson Cates	        50	29	46	75   (MNSHL)
                  Tommy Parrottino	41	29	31	60   (Elite League/USDP)
                  Erik Pedersen	        54	20	54	74   (AJHL)

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    Do we get paid to do 2 for 1s? I'm just wondering if college hockey is going down the path of college football where smaller programs travel more in non-conference and get paid to do so and it ultimately helps the funding of the program/athletic department.
                    It depends on the agreements between the schools. I don't know what Mel had negotiated with UM & MSU, but LSSU isn't getting any money for the extra trips downstate.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Here's my attempt at posting last year stats for recruits.

Any guess for the 9 or 10 freshmen Mel mentioned during his show a few weeks back?
                      Gerrie, Gould, Beretta Brice, Smith, Pedersen, Watson, Reinke, Ford, Redmond is 10
                      That looks right. All of those guys are at least 20 years old *today*. Tristan Rostagno is the next oldest recruit (9/25/1996).

Comment

That looks right. All of those guys are at least 20 years old *today*. Tristan Rostagno is the next oldest recruit (9/25/1996).
                        I'm in agreement with that list if we're talking about Cooper Watson.

I have Gingell, Rostagno, Newsome, Williamson, Carver Watson, Cates, and Parrottino penciled in for 2018-19.
                        Then I have Pehrson and Swoyer penciled in for 2019-20.
                        I don't know where to put Travis Brown. He had a decent year but I've thought for awhile that he would decommit and move on with the stack of d-men and no NLI yet.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Former Husky, Brett Boeing has committed to play for UMass after his return to the USHL after the GLI.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Brett Boeing has committed to play for UMass
                            Well it is too bad to see him leave, but he'll get plenty of playing time out there. U-Mass is currently a dumpster fire. Michigan Tech pre-Mel could have beaten the teams U-Mass has put on the ice the last couple years.
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Former Husky, Brett Boeing has committed to play for UMass after his return to the USHL after the GLI.
                              Seems he can't figure out where he wants to play.This will be the 3rd team he has been with in less than a year.
                              He did look good out there in his time here at Tech...but I think wanted more ice time. He would have got it if he was a little more patient. Maybe Tech wasn't a good fit for him. Who knows.
                              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                                Seems he can't figure out where he wants to play.This will be the 3rd team he has been with in less than a year.
                                He had USHL eligibility, so he could drop back to Tier I and play hockey while making a choice about where to play varsity hockey next. You see this a few times a year.

GFM <— kinda hoped that UAH would pick him up
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X