ESPN sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESPN sucks

Sounds like they have BC homers calling the game. You would never know Q is any good. this is all about BC being the best and just not playing yet. Get that enough all yr.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      George Commo - play by play for Norwich. He also did ECACHL back in the days of Empire and NFSN.
      He also did UVM for awhile too during the St. Louis/Thomas years
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Sounds like they have BC homers calling the game. You would never know Q is any good. this is all about BC being the best and just not playing yet. Get that enough all yr.
        Not only that, but when Clifton went to the box: "Oh, GREAT call by the officials, definitely a penalty."
        When Santini went into the box: "I don't know about that, I saw two guys fighting for the puck."

Then after the buzzer went off: "I don't blame him. [the BC player] Anytime you get a free shot at Anas you have to take it.

So there's Melrose openly advocating hitting after the whistle. Good job.

EDIT: As someone who broadcasts games, I am guilty of the first, although I'd like to think I'm not.
        Last edited by jericho; 04-07-2016, 05:47 PM.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
          A bit off-topic but...

Why why WHY does ESPN NEVER show NHL highlights during SportsCenter? They'll show highlights from every MLB, NFL, and NBA game the previous night, but not hockey!!!

Basketball is nowhere near as exciting as hockey. Coincidentally, the last time the National Championship game was bumped to ESPN2, it was also in Tampa.
          Because ESPN has a contract with NBA, MLB, and NFL. So ESPN wants to market the sports it covers and those three sports sadly get more views than hockey.

Comment

Im gonna say this game ia over. Q defense ia just too good to break

Comment

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
              20-0-2 when leading after two, I think they said?

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Not only that, but when Clifton went to the box: "Oh, GREAT call by the officials, definitely a penalty."
                When Santini went into the box: "I don't know about that, I saw two guys fighting for the puck."

Then after the buzzer went off: "I don't blame him. [the BC player] Anytime you get a free shot at Anas you have to take it.

So there's Melrose openly advocating hitting after the whistle. Good job.

EDIT: As someone who broadcasts games, I am guilty of the first, although I'd like to think I'm not.
                He is just horrible.

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
                Barry will beg to differ until they leave the building. He lives in an alternate universe. For some reason he gets under my skin.

Comment

Would love to see Billy Jaffe be elevated to the color commentator for the FF. Very knowledgeable about college game, doesn't say stupid crap, doesn't sound like an idiot, and would elevate the broadcast team dramatically.
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    Would love to see Billy Jaffe be elevated to the color commentator for the FF. Very knowledgeable about college game, doesn't say stupid crap, doesn't sound like an idiot, and would elevate the broadcast team dramatically.
                    Anything would be an improvement. At least he might know that they don't draft players at the college level

Comment

Anything would be an improvement. At least he might know that they don't draft players at the college level
                      You mean college franchises don't draft their players? I didn't know that.
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                        You mean college franchises don't draft their players? I didn't know that.
                        Wellllll.......

Comment

Wellllll.......
                          Love how Melrose calls college teams franchises. And just throws random crap and comments out.
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

To be fair, the first period was rife with bad mistakes by BC.

Whatever else you can say about tMullet as a color man, he does notice a lot of little things, which BC made plenty of mistakes on that end.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I guess according to Starman Sacred Heart does not qualify as a D1 team in CT.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                I guess according to Starman Sacred Heart does not qualify as a D1 team in CT.
                                Well... do they, really?
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X