Arena Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arena Rankings

No doubt Matthews should have been higher. Hard to beat the history, the atmosphere is good, particularly when they play BC or BU, and for my money, there isn't a better seat in college hockey to be had than front row balcony.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
      No doubt Matthews should have been higher. Hard to beat the history, the atmosphere is good, particularly when they play BC or BU, and for my money, there isn't a better seat in college hockey to be had than front row balcony.
      I think the thing that counts against Matthews a little bit is that basically all of the balcony seats are obstructed to some degree. I mean, you have to lean over to the rail even if you're in the front balcony row to see the whole ice.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        Exactly, but I do think JMSIA is up there with the best to watch a game at, is it fancy, no but it has improved even since I was a freshman in 2005, but to actually watch a game it's second to none. The sightlines are perfect, the pitch to the seating is awesome, you will never have someone sitting in front of you block your view due to it and you feel close to the action. Atmosphere wise it's also up there with the best, obviously our pep band being a huge part of that, but since Mel has come to town the students and even the people from the area have really gotten in to it and the place is awesome, truly one of the best hockey cities in the world and one of the best college experiences you will find, it definitely beats the Berry Events Center and Munn Ice by a mile.
        truth
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

How the Ralph is not ranked number 1 is beyond me. PSU should be 2nd, I love the kohl but even I don't think it should be top 5.
          This guy is clueless.
          UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

I know that Lynah is a shell of its former self in terms of atmosphere (even compared to 10 years ago), but 48 is quite a bit high.

Comment

I agree that it is hard to match the Ralph as #1 but would put Pegulia as #2 but the student section at Pegulia rivals Michigan for #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                Well the list gets 1 thing right, the JAR is awful. I attended 2 games there this year. The atmosphere is horrible. The rink itself is hilariously terrible. One of the games was delayed because the scoreboard broke. The "food" was overpriced and probably the worst thing I have ever tasted. Seriously, there are no redeeming qualities. It's just plain terrible.
                Do you think you could type that up in a nice neat email and send it to our board, administrators, and local Waltham politicians? We've been "on the cusp" of a state of the art new rink for two years now. For gods sake, I've seen the architectural renderings and blueprints! They can't taunt me any more. So yeah, that email! Anything to expedite this LONG overdue project.

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                  I know that Lynah is a shell of its former self in terms of atmosphere (even compared to 10 years ago), but 48 is quite a bit high.
                  How is it a shell of it's former self, just curious, haven't been there in 6-8 years ?
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

You guys lost me at "The Ralph is a top five arena in the world."

Can't make that crap up.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                      I think the thing that counts against Matthews a little bit is that basically all of the balcony seats are obstructed to some degree. I mean, you have to lean over to the rail even if you're in the front balcony row to see the whole ice.
                      All balcony seats above the front row at Matthews are horrible. Not to mention there's a bunch of obstructed view seats in the lower level from the new press box and/or the overhang.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        All balcony seats above the front row at Matthews are horrible. Not to mention there's a bunch of obstructed view seats in the lower level from the new press box and/or the overhang.
                        Everytime I have seen PC at Northeastern, It is like a morgue with 1k people or less there.
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Everytime I have seen PC at Northeastern, It is like a morgue with 1k people or less there.
                          And that's the other problem, outside of BC and BU games there it is a morgue because no one shows up outside of the handful of diehard students.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            And that's the other problem, outside of BC and BU games there it is a morgue because no one shows up outside of the handful of diehard students.
                            Student turnout (measured by student tickets scanned in) has been on the rise the last few seasons, and has been more consistent over the season versus peaks and falls through the year, even with the bad starts two years in a row. The general public attendance numbers, the people who sit in the lower bowl and the sides of the balcony, are pitiful. That's where NU gets lower attendance numbers from, the alum base in the area does not really turn out in droves and the non-affiliated fan has no desire to go. The students will always be there to tap into, but the school needs to work on attracting local families/casual fans if they want to see overall attendance numbers rise up.
                            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              There is no morgue like Meehan Auditorium.
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                                There is no morgue like Meehan Auditorium.
                                Meehan was packed when PC went there this year on a Sunday afternoon opposite a Patriots game. Northeastern wasn't on a Saturday night.
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X