UAA recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA recruits

UAA has a lot of European players on their roster for next season. It's difficult to find much information on them, but based on what we have seen from Rygard and Erb-Eckholm, I think we have much to look forward to. I just noticed today that UAA has recruited Daniel Haider ... this has to be bittersweet for Kurt! But he knew this might happen when he left UAA for the Aces. I hope he can catch some of UAA's games and watch his son play. Heisenberg says he will play in 2017, but Twitter says he'll play for UAA next season. Wow, he's young!

EDIT - despite what Twitter says, I have heard Daniel will be playing for the Ice Dogs next season.
    Last edited by Suze; 04-03-2016, 10:44 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Re: UAA recruits

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    I just noticed today that UAA has recruited Daniel Haider ... this has to be bittersweet for Kurt! But he knew this might happen when he left UAA for the Aces. I hope he can catch some of UAA's games and watch his son play. Heisenberg says he will play in 2017, but Twitter says he'll play for UAA next season. Wow, he's young!

EDIT - despite what Twitter says, I have heard Daniel will be playing for the Ice Dogs next season.
    Another year to grow, mature and improve his game may give him an even better chance of success at the college level.
    It's great to see another local guy want to play for the Seawolves.
    Welcome aboard Daniel!
    It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

I see the NCAA has dropped (for now) the B10 proposal to penalize the upper age of incoming freshmen.
      Spoke to several folks that watched the U14 tournament and they all said those kids are skilled enough and big enough to play college hockey right now. My guess is after high school they will be playing one or two years for the big name colleges and then be off to the pros. Good for those elite kids. Hope they make multi-millions.
      We need the extra year or two (or maybe 3) to be able to compete with those hot-shot kids.
      Glad to see the proposal dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        I see the NCAA has dropped (for now) the B10 proposal to penalize the upper age of incoming freshmen.
        Spoke to several folks that watched the U14 tournament and they all said those kids are skilled enough and big enough to play college hockey right now. My guess is after high school they will be playing one or two years for the big name colleges and then be off to the pros. Good for those elite kids. Hope they make multi-millions.
        We need the extra year or two (or maybe 3) to be able to compete with those hot-shot kids.
        Glad to see the proposal dropped.
        I hadn't heard that, so thank you for the update.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=210913335

Aleksi Ainali, Julius Marva, Tomi Hiekkavirta, David Trinkberger, Nolan Nicholas and Corey Renwick (three have experience playing in the USHL, also a better mix of size, things look up)

and don't forget about redshirt freshman:

Jonah Renouf & Nathan Renouf as well as Cam Amantea
          Last edited by AKSWF; 04-26-2016, 02:57 PM.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Oh yeah and Daniel Haider:

http://www.ktuu.com/sports/haider-re...t-uaa/39206570
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
              http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=210913335

Aleksi Ainali, Julius Marva, Tomi Hiekkavirta, David Trinkberger, Nolan Nicholas and Corey Renwick (three have experience playing in the USHL, also a better mix of size, things look up)

and don't forget about redshirt freshman:

Jonah Renouf & Nathan Renouf as well as Cam Amantea
              In academic sense they both are likely juniors next year but still freshman for hockey.
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Well hopefully, we keep most if not all our Engineering majors at UAA. Our campus just finished a brand new Engineering building, if Strategic Pathways moves all the majors to UA_ in a building they still haven't renovated.....Sadly I could see that happening.

Comment

When you say “our campus” you must mean the legislature. How they have handled funding (or non-funding) for the partially completed UAF engineering building is so asinine it’s almost criminal.

UAF received start-up funding for an engineering building the same year UAA did, but the legislature only gave subsequent appropriations to the UAA campus. UAF has done the best they can at finishing certain labs or rooms by chipping away with private donations.

Regardless, I can’t envision Fairbanks not being home to the main Engineering Program, even tho both campuses should have engineering. Our legislature is so short-sighted.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    When you say “our campus” you must mean the legislature. How they have handled funding (or non-funding) for the partially completed UAF engineering building is so asinine it’s almost criminal.
                    Didn't realy need it in the first place.

UAF received start-up funding for an engineering building the same year UAA did, but the legislature only gave subsequent appropriations to the UAA campus. UAF has done the best they can at finishing certain labs or rooms by chipping away with private donations.
                    where is all that "research money" at.? Should be millions somewhere, call Forrest he might know.

Regardless, I can’t envision Fairbanks not being home to the main Engineering Program, even tho both campuses should have engineering. Our legislature is so short-sighted.
                    What made sense 100 years ago doesn't necessarily make sense now." time to move to the people..... read the fisher report.
                    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 04-26-2016, 11:29 PM.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      a. Didn't realy need it in the first place.
                      b. Where is all that "research money" at.? Should be millions somewhere, call Forrest he might know.
                      c. What made sense 100 years ago doesn't necessarily make sense now." time to move to the people..... read the fisher report.
                      You sound like you live in a double-wide in the Valley and are gearing up for a campaign run.

Comment

According to Doyle, we will lose Wyatt Ege and Anthony Conti.

Even with the 9 incoming freshman, there was gonna be competition to play every night but those are two significant blows.

Ege was a All-Rookie WCHA pick; a player that was only gonna rise, he posted 13 points in 34 games, good for third on the team for D's.

Almost the same could be said for Conti; 4th in points in only his second year (3rd with the departure of Tatchell), 15 points in 30 games played, 6 goals in only 35 shots, one of only 8 players to be + in +/- at +3.

http://www.adn.com/article/20160426/...departures-too

Good has to come with the bad I guess.

Comment

The clip says Haider is playing for UAA this next season. I have it on good authority he is playing for the Ice Dogs next season, then will come to UAA the following season.
                          Last edited by Suze; 04-27-2016, 01:34 AM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

According to Doyle, we will lose Wyatt Ege and Anthony Conti.

Even with the 9 incoming freshman, there was gonna be competition to play every night but those are two significant blows.

Ege was a All-Rookie WCHA pick; a player that was only gonna rise, he posted 13 points in 34 games, good for third on the team for D's.

Almost the same could be said for Conti; 4th in points in only his second year (3rd with the departure of Tatchell), 15 points in 30 games played, 6 goals in only 35 shots, one of only 8 players to be + in +/- at +3.

http://www.adn.com/article/20160426/...departures-too

Good has to come with the bad I guess.
                            Sometimes players have reasons for wanting to transfer, and sometimes they simply aren't a good fit for the program. I know Ege wanted to be closer to home (Minnesota). When the team played on the road, there were often 40 friends and family show up to watch him play. I wish him all the best.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              The clip says Haider is playing for UAA this next season. I have it on good authority he is playing for the Ice Dogs next season, then will come to UAA.
                              Ahh thanks. She said next, I assumed it meant this season. I guess technically the 16-17 season is next, but I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X