Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016 Hobey Hat Trick

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    The last time Demko made it to the F4 he gave up 5 goals. He was blasted high and low, close and far. He could not stop a beach ball if it were handed to him. He was flapping around like a fish out of water. Is he going to do better this time around?
    The way I look at it is he was a Freshman that backstopped his team to the Final Four. I can only imagine there might have been a few goalies that have gone to the FF but not many.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
      The stats don't bear that out though. We are talking about the best player, not team. When player 1 has 71 points and the next closest player 2 (outside of player 1's linemates) has 43 points, player 1 has convincingly separated himself from the rest of the pack and can be seen as the best player. The Big 10 aside from Michigan wasn't exactly a great offensive league either.
      It wasn't a good offensive league, it was just so ****ty defensively I put up good offensive numbers. And you can't throw out his linemates when you talk about how far ahead of everyone else in the Big Ten. You can argue that's part of the reason bus numbers are inflated, that and poor competition.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is probably the most talented guy in college hockey, but as a freshman I don't think he is as dominant as you are trying to make him out to be. All 3 players have something working against them, Demko is a goalie (last one Miller), Connor is a freshman (last one Eichel) and Vesey is not the best player but is a good player and has great character (last one LeBlanc). I think I'll be Connor but I think it should be Demko and none would surprise me
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        The way I look at it is he was a Freshman that backstopped his team to the Final Four. I can only imagine there might have been a few goalies that have gone to the FF but not many.
        I suspect it's more than you think. Just off the top of my head I can name three North Dakota freshman goalies that did it.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          I suspect it's more than you think. Just off the top of my head I can name three North Dakota freshman goalies that did it.
          3 from ND alone. Wow! Did not know that.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            3 from ND alone. Wow! Did not know that.
            Clemmensen, Muse, Demko.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Clemmensen, Muse, Demko.
              BU: Millan and Noble (rotation)

Comment

Michigan: Turco and Montoya

Comment

DU: Mannino won an NC as a frosh.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                    DU: Mannino won an NC as a frosh.
                    BC's Muse as well.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      BC's Muse as well.
                      Darren Jensen ('80), Eddie Belfour ('87), and Aaron Schweitzer ('97) from North Dakota.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Darren Jensen ('80), Eddie Belfour ('87), and Aaron Schweitzer ('97) from North Dakota.
                        Bob Iwabuchi too.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Bob Iwabuchi too.
                          Iwabuchi was only Runner-up as a Freshman though...slacker.

Jensen, Belfour, and Schweitzer all won titles as Freshmen.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Wow, again. Never would have thought so many Freshmen participated in the FF. Thx.

Comment

Wow. Have any non-freshman goalies ever won the title?
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Wow. Have any non-freshman goalies ever won the title?

Matt O'c..... oh wait.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X