Yale Bulldogs 2016 Off-Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale Bulldogs 2016 Off-Season thread

Admins, please close the Yale 2015-2016 season thread.

Congratulations to the Yale Seniors on the most productive stretch of hockey in Yale history. Yale is hopefully only losing 5 forwards and 3 defense. I did a little digging on Heisenbergs list and www.eliteprospects. com and it looks like there really are only three D-Men that can come in at this point Matt Foley, Chandler Lindstrand and Billy Sweezey. It seems that there are six forwards that have the best chance of coming in, I would say the Smith Brothers are locks to be here next year, then you have Luke Stevens with his 50 plus points in 30 games during his senior year for Noble's Prep. Other likely incoming forwards are Will D'Orsi, Robbie DeMontis and Dante Palecco. That leaves one too many forwards, but we will see.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Yale Bulldogs 2016 Off-Season thread

Is Alex Lyon a given to return for his senior year?
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Notice the word hopefully above. Yale has more goalies in the pipeline than are usual so i am sure they are hedging against him leaving. your guess would be as good as mine though. He is a fourth generation Yalie, so i am sure getting the degree means something to him.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

http://www.tsn.ca/taking-stock-of-th...class-1.410105

Comment

How worried should we be abt Lyon and Hayden leaving?

0-4 to end the season leaves a terrible taste. They didnt play badly but just couldn't seem to find timely scoring when it mattered most. Also, it seemed like every mini-breakdown we had towards the end of the season ended up in our net. UML had 2 good chances after the 5-3 and scored on both....frustrating. Not to say we would have beaten Qpac but we would hae had a better shot than UML. I dont care how good for the ECAC a QPAC championship is - i will not root for them. Id rather BC win it than give Pecknold the satisfaction

Comment

Originally posted by ecac View Post
            How worried should we be abt Lyon and Hayden leaving?

0-4 to end the season leaves a terrible taste. They didnt play badly but just couldn't seem to find timely scoring when it mattered most. Also, it seemed like every mini-breakdown we had towards the end of the season ended up in our net. UML had 2 good chances after the 5-3 and scored on both....frustrating. Not to say we would have beaten Qpac but we would hae had a better shot than UML. I dont care how good for the ECAC a QPAC championship is - i will not root for them. Id rather BC win it than give Pecknold the satisfaction
            are you counting the goal were lyon was taken out by the driving UML player that was tangled up with the Yale defenseman. UML had an empty net after UML forward and Yale defenseman crashed into Lyon. Cant really put that on Lyon. Kid played very well. I thought Lowell did a great job putting a body in front of Lyon driving him nuts.

Comment

not blaming Lyon at all. UML had very few really quality chances and the few breakdowns we did have ended up in the net for one reason or another. thats the way hockey is sometimes but its not like they had chance after chance and finally got rewarded with a few good bounces / turn of events.

Comment

Originally posted by ecac View Post
                not blaming Lyon at all. UML had very few really quality chances and the few breakdowns we did have ended up in the net for one reason or another. thats the way hockey is sometimes but its not like they had chance after chance and finally got rewarded with a few good bounces / turn of events.
                Thats sports. Yale couldnt pull away. Up 1-0 then 1-1 then 2-1 then 2-2 and then finally 3-2 UML. Yale needed to get to that 2 goal lead but credit UML to keep fighting. Yale problem all year at least according to their stats is they only average 2 goals a game thats not much. So they scored their average. I thought UML beat Yale to a few 50/50 pucks in the 3rd period of that game and kept the puck circling in the offensive zone when they did. The game winner was just a hustle play

Comment

I don't think we see Hayden leaving. I do not believe his progression stats so far are what Chicago expects for draft pick of his level, he is still relatively quite young and could use one more year of seasoning before going pro. Lyon as stated above is touchy, I did not realize his age might be a factor in his decision. Hope he stays, if he does not, Spano is not the worst goalie you could have waiting in the wings. They also have two 1996 born goalies in the pipeline.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    I don't think we see Hayden leaving. I do not believe his progression stats so far are what Chicago expects for draft pick of his level, he is still relatively quite young and could use one more year of seasoning before going pro. Lyon as stated above is touchy, I did not realize his age might be a factor in his decision. Hope he stays, if he does not, Spano is not the worst goalie you could have waiting in the wings. They also have two 1996 born goalies in the pipeline.
                    I was reading an article were if he goes he can sign a ELC but if he stays then that option is out the door due to the fact that he will be too old to sign one. Hell be 25 if he stays at Yale next year.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                      Is Alex Lyon a given to return for his senior year?
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Maybe coincidence but Yale sagged after each Quinnipiac game this year. A loss to Princeton after the December home loss to Q was uncharacteristic and damaging and then the 0-2 playoff performance against Dartmouth followed the season ending loss to Q. I won't count the NCAA loss because the tournament is a reset but, as someone mentioned, ending the season on an 0-4 streak was a bummer and tarnished what was an otherwise very solid campaign.

Comment

Looks like Lyon may most likely be gone. http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com/
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

O'Gara signs two year ATO with Boston and will report to Providence. http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...two-year-deal/
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X