Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Regional Attendance

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Now I know this list is not accurate but enough of it is. There appear to be a lot more choices than first thought: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
    Not in hockey regions. Aside from several in PA, the only 7-9k arenas in the Northeast are Bridgeport and Trenton. And Bridgeport regularly gets regionals already. Most of the arenas of that size are in the South and Midwest.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
      what about BEFORE QU was in ECAC?
      Wasn't it Princeton-Yale, Brown-Harvard, and Dartmouth-Vermont?

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Re: NCAA feedback

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
        Not that any of our opinions will matter, but the NCAA is soliciting feedback from championship weekends at www.ncaa.com\feedback.

At Albany, not all of the fans were there simultaneously. The Yale fans didn't show up until 6'ish, and 95% of the RIT fans vanished after game 1. That was likely because the food lines were absolutely absurd between games. Evidently no one told the vendors that there was no re-admittance to the arena. I'd like to see separate tickets for both first-day games.

We left town Sunday AM, gave our tickets to the valet, but likely would have stayed if the championship game was any earlier than 7:30p.
        I just took it. I like you thought about leaving sunday morning to head home. i only had a 2 hour trip but decided to bum around albany for the day waiting for the game. There was a lot of stores closed on sunday due to easter. They had one banner that said fan fest in albany but they literally did nothing. If it wasnt for the Pearl St pub on saturday it would have been a bum weekend but that place was great. The owner was great. The bartenders were very attentive for a crowded bar. Felt the NCAA could have set up more things to do for the fans but overall i would say i would give my experience a 8 out of 10

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          Not in hockey regions. Aside from several in PA, the only 7-9k arenas in the Northeast are Bridgeport and Trenton. And Bridgeport regularly gets regionals already. Most of the arenas of that size are in the South and Midwest.

Powers &8^]
          Hartford were the wolfpack play??

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
            Albany basically hosts the East Regional every other year but they've had a hard time getting a host for the other years.
            The problem I had with Albany back circa 2000 was that, being a government seat, everything closed down on the weekend. It was completely dead...hardly anything open. Not a fun destination...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              The problem I had with Albany back circa 2000 was that, being a government seat, everything closed down on the weekend. It was completely dead...hardly anything open. Not a fun destination...
              And if game 1 went into 4 OT's, they shut down all concessions for game 2 (union rules)

Comment

Yep thats the same problem i ran into on sunday. Everything was closed for the holiday and i guess yea for the weekend. It was completely dead on sunday. Saturday there were good parties going on

Comment

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
                  Yep thats the same problem i ran into on sunday. Everything was closed for the holiday and i guess yea for the weekend. It was completely dead on sunday. Saturday there were good parties going on
                  It wasn't "because of the holiday," though. That's what Albany is like on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                    And if game 1 went into 4 OT's, they shut down all concessions for game 2 (union rules)
                    Oh...don't even remind me. We left anyway, because as it was we didn't get home until 2:00 a.m.

Comment

It wasn't "because of the holiday," though. That's what Albany is like on the weekends.
                      Well it makes sense. Most people probably dont live in downtown albany. They live in the surrounding towns. Like I said Saturday the bar i was at was completely packed.

Comment

West Point could not handle it rink wise. Holds less than 3000 people. They would have lodging for the teams but thats about it.
                        I am a season ticket holder and am well aware of its size for seating. I was talking about the other needs for a 4 team tournament. They have the locker space available and they could use the attached basketball arena much as QU did when the hosted the FF for other needed things. The only thing they wouldn't have would be the seats to put fannies in (although, ever considering Army as a potential #1 seed is just laughable).
                        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                        12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

I am a season ticket holder and am well aware of its size for seating. I was talking about the other needs for a 4 team tournament. They have the locker space available and they could use the attached basketball arena much as QU did when the hosted the FF for other needed things. The only thing they wouldn't have would be the seats to put fannies in (although, ever considering Army as a potential #1 seed is just laughable).
                          Yep been to a bunch of Army hockey games. I live 30 min from there. Army used to be decent and competitive. Last few years the program is a laughing stock. I know what some of the problems are in terms of recruiting and such like that. But they used to at least win 20 games. Now they struggle to win 10. Its hard to go there and watch hockey

Comment

Hartford were the wolfpack play??
                            The Wolfpack play in a NHL sized arena, where the Whalers used to play. IIRC, it's actually smaller than Albany though. You have potential places like Bridgeport, Trenton, AC (no don't ever go there), Springfield, Glens Falls, Binghamton, and even Syracuse (8700-10000 for hockey depending on which site you believe). Even though Springfield is in Massachusetts, it's not far enough for me to consider it Northeast. Heck, might even find a Yankee fan or 2 there.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

The Wolfpack play in a NHL sized arena, where the Whalers used to play. IIRC, it's actually smaller than Albany though. You have potential places like Bridgeport, Trenton, AC (no don't ever go there), Springfield, Glens Falls, Binghamton, and even Syracuse (8700-10000 for hockey depending on which site you believe). Even though Springfield is in Massachusetts, it's not far enough for me to consider it Northeast. Heck, might even find a Yankee fan or 2 there.
                              AC in terms of Atlantic City? Bridgeport is nice. Been there once. What about The Aud in Utica getting something.

Comment

Yep been to a bunch of Army hockey games. I live 30 min from there. Army used to be decent and competitive. Last few years the program is a laughing stock. I know what some of the problems are in terms of recruiting and such like that. But they used to at least win 20 games. Now they struggle to win 10. Its hard to go there and watch hockey
                                It's not that they have gotten worse; the AHA has gotten better. I live maybe 15 minutes from there and I love going to games but it's not at the same level as seeing my alma mater. The only way they even have a chance to win an AHA title would be to get a good streak from a goaltender and a little bit of luck. That very streak got them to Rochester this year but not through to the final.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Working...
                                X