What and or whatever was a surprise to you this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What and or whatever was a surprise to you this season

Ok what was a surprise or didnt make sense or whatever happened this yr............as for me ...Oswego was way below expectations....UMASS Boston and Hobart along with Genny played better than I expected,and Platty had way more offense than I thought they would have.

Re: What and or whatever was a surprise to you this season

Also Champs and Fish got along very well compared to last year

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      Also Champs and Fish got along very well compared to last year
      Hey now. LoL. I give him credit, he makes a "few" good points. (JK Fish)

Pretty much spot on tho. Endicott was impressive. NCAA Committee being right by the book, a lot less smoke this year. Maybe some more later Gotta keep my posts short now
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I wasn't surprised they did well during the regular season, but I was surprised UMass-Boston went as deep as they did in the Tournament. I saw them beat Norwich earlier in the year in front of a sellout, so I knew they'd be able to handle the pressure, but I still thought that going on the road to face the defending national champs and then again to play the #1 seed in the east would be too much for them. I wish they televised the DIII tournament because that St. Norbert vs. UMass-Boston game sounds like it was an all-time epic.

I was also a little surprised Norwich didn't make a run in the NEHC playoffs and make it to the tournament. I know it was a bit of a down year for them, but for the last two weeks of the season they seemed like they were clicking on all cylinders. I at least expected them to play Babson closer than they did in the Tourney.
        Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
        University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

2 teams that earned Pool C bids playing in the Championship game. Guess the committee got that right, after all.

Plattsburgh losing by 6 goals. At home. To... Anybody.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
            I wasn't surprised they did well during the regular season, but I was surprised UMass-Boston went as deep as they did in the Tournament. I saw them beat Norwich earlier in the year in front of a sellout, so I knew they'd be able to handle the pressure, but I still thought that going on the road to face the defending national champs and then again to play the #1 seed in the east would be too much for them. I wish they televised the DIII tournament because that St. Norbert vs. UMass-Boston game sounds like it was an all-time epic.

I was also a little surprised Norwich didn't make a run in the NEHC playoffs and make it to the tournament. I know it was a bit of a down year for them, but for the last two weeks of the season they seemed like they were clicking on all cylinders. I at least expected them to play Babson closer than they did in the Tourney.
            The video was streamed on NCAA.com. The full video replay is available here
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
              Ya that was surprising too...

The video was streamed on NCAA.com. The full video replay is available here
              Awesome, thanks!
              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Elmira''s last place finish, I can't remember the last time they did that. Last couple of years have been more than disappointing. I'm a Leafs fan, I'm used to following "losers"
                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

The SUNYAC. Oswego was off, Buff State was on and Genny cruised their way past Platty and into the NCAAs. Next year should be fun. Of course one has to also mention a Norwich season that ended with disappointment and the emergence of UMASS. Overall surprise? Probably goes to Adrian. I thought this year was theirs.

Comment

Did not expect SNC to get to the Ntl Champ game, with 12 freshmen on the roster...seven starting in the final game...
                    Great work by the coaches and all the boys!!!
                    SNC Men:
                    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                    SNC Women:
                    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

2 teams that earned Pool C bids playing in the Championship game. Guess the committee got that right, after all.

good point never thought they would lose by 6 either...

Comment

Lawrence Cornellier leading the nation in goals. He is a very good player, as evident by his previous two years. If you would say a Pointer would lead the nation in goals, the people that would have been mentioned would be Sharkey, Kalisz and maybe even Davis. Awesome year.
                        I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                          Lawrence Cornellier leading the nation in goals. He is a very good player, as evident by his previous two years. If you would say a Pointer would lead the nation in goals, the people that would have been mentioned would be Sharkey, Kalisz and maybe even Davis. Awesome year.
                          and next yr Karty

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            and next yr Karty
                            Possibly. He is very good, however, he is a bit more of a passer than a shooter. He does have a great shot though.
                            I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

My Potsdam Bears being ranked for a few weeks this season for the first time since I was in college there.
                              LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Working...
                              X