Women's Frozen Four not televised.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Frozen Four not televised.

I'm sorry but as a woman hockey fan I'm outraged. Not televising the women's Frozen Four, where is the Title IX equality in that??? I feel the NCAA should bundle the women's hockey contract with the men's. Whoever buys the men's should have to air the Frozen Four games in the same manner that they do the men's. Let's face it, women's hockey is a growing sport and could benefit from the exposure. Look at how well the Women's World Cup did for Soccer worldwide.

Re: Women's Frozen Four not televised.

The goofiest thing is that the game wasn't televised, but there were TV timeouts. I couldn't figure that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
      The goofiest thing is that the game wasn't televised, but there were TV timeouts. I couldn't figure that one out.
      it was tape delayed and will show this coming Sunday on NBC I believe. here it's channel 7

at least it's coming into view...even the USA Russia game was tape delayed for a few hours.
      hopefully it wont take 36 years to show it live on a real station

Comment

The game is on CBS next Sunday at 1 central time.

No, seriously, it is.

One good thing about the stream is it's generally available. If it was on ESPNU there would be lots of people who couldn't get it.

Comment

CBS is scheduled to show the game Sunday at noon central time. The reason for the TV timeouts.

Comment

hahaha
            it's on nbc or cbs at noon or 1
            but we all think it's Sunday

Comment

Except that it's possible for a tape delayed game to cut away for commercials and come back without missing anything even if you don't have TV timeouts during the live game.

Comment

I thought Scott Sudikoff on play by play did a better job this year than what we had the last couple years.
                Last edited by KTDC; 03-21-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
                  CBS is scheduled to show the game Sunday at noon central time. The reason for the TV timeouts.
                  play-by-play guy , I like to sync up your audio with the video stream during games that you are not doing the call for the video.

But sometimes, like this weekend, the video is ahead of the audio rather than behind it, which means you can't sync them up. Do you have any idea why the audio was so many seconds behind the video stream this weekend?

Comment

It was shown live via NCAA.com with commercials.

And as for the men's USA vs Russia match it was tape delayed on US broadcasting but many in the US watched it live via the CBC.

THANK YOU Canada.

Comment

I agree 100%, the game should have been on a national TV deal real time not a tape delay.
                      The MN governor tried to get the NCAA to let a local TV station pick it up but the NCAA contract wouldn't let them.
                      Originally posted by PatrickHenry View Post
                      I'm sorry but as a woman hockey fan I'm outraged. Not televising the women's Frozen Four, where is the Title IX equality in that??? I feel the NCAA should bundle the women's hockey contract with the men's. Whoever buys the men's should have to air the Frozen Four games in the same manner that they do the men's. Let's face it, women's hockey is a growing sport and could benefit from the exposure. Look at how well the Women's World Cup did for Soccer worldwide.

Comment

Whomever the color guy is for the CBS broadcast, he was wearing the CBS logo jacket, kept asking if I'd seen Bobby Carpenter anywhere......yea, like wake-up!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          I thought Scott Sudikoff on play by play did a better job this year than what we had the last couple years.
                          No kidding
                          Last edited by driventoit; 03-21-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

The woman that broadcast the games the last two years may have been the worst broadcaster I have ever heard in my life, including the guy who used to broadcast the high school games when I lived on the Iron Range.

Sunday I noticed a certain preference for one of the teams by the broadcaster. Any chance he's from out east someplace?

I liked the guy (don't remember his name) who did the games with AJ Mleczko. AJ, not so much. I remember her going on and on about UNH winning 200 games in a row (exaggeration duly noted) back in the 70's or something in an attempt perhaps to diminish the Gophers winning 49 in a row after beating BU in 2013. UNH must have beaten a lot of pretty good intramural teams back then.

Even the guy who did the games with AJ butchered the pronunciation of some of the Gopher player's names, though. They all do, except for the Gopher play-by-play guy, of course. He's the best. We tried to listen to him too, on one computer with the sound off on the other, but the difference between the play-by-play and the action was just too great so we gave up. I'll listen to Dan Hamann's broadcast of the games some other time.
                            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-21-2016, 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling etc
                            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Late to the party is all some of the "Foundation" teams should say in response to your 'Intramural" comment.....for when UNH, Harvard, Northeastern and Brown,and Providence,(that I remember) actually had women playing hockey, the West was some 2 or 3 decades asleep! In fact, Coach Russ McCurdy was known to ask recruits to look at other programs, so as to give the player more ice time, and help build up the other programs.....so maybe it wasn't equal to a Four Nations competition level but to diss UNH because you're upset with AJ dissing the Gophers 49.......DC can give you the first person account......btw, if you want a good female announcer, start with Erica Lawler on the microphone....she does the Buffalo Beauts games and rocks it.....
                              Last edited by zoofer; 03-22-2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X