Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Pushing To Team With Big Ten, NCHC For Conference Tournaments

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    I'd prefer Tech not get involved with any aspect of the Big 20. They blew up the conferences, they're blowing up recruiting, and their teams are an embarrassment. You can't make that turd shine no matter how much you polish. If the NCHC offered Tech a spot I'd like to tell them thanks, but no thanks, unless you want to combine the conferences and split into east and west. That ain't gonna happen though. It makes too much sense.
    Well said on all points!
    CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
      Fixed it for ya.
      Your lack of a defense will embarrass you this weekend.
      CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
        Because the NCHC kept the domino effect going.It was bad enough that the Big formed their own conference, then you felt you were too good for what was left of the WCHA. You pulled teams from 2 conferences to make your own. It is no wonder people are still pi**ed.( It's like the kid on the block who plays street hockey and when he feels like he is losing, he grabs his stick and goal net and goes home).

Hope when tourney is discussed down the road, you are left out of discussion. Your league is too good for the others anyway.
        So essentially it was OK for Tech to do what they thought was best for them back in the 1980's but when other teams did what they think is best for them, it borders on a war crime in the eyes of Tech fans. In other words, a complete hypocritical load of bull. Just as we all thought. Thank you for clearing that up for us.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

As for Tech going to the CCHA for that short spell, that was Michigan schools politics. We saw how long that lasted.

(I am sure that will be brought back up again. That was the big mistake for Tech back in that time).
          MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
          2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
            As for Tech going to the CCHA for that short spell, that was Michigan schools politics. We saw how long that lasted.

(I am sure that will be brought back up again. That was the big mistake for Tech back in that time).
            Why was that?
            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
              Why was that?
              They wanted all the schools from Michigan in the same conference.
              Therefore they joined the CCHA. (I personally didn't care for that move, just my opinion).
              Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 03-21-2016, 10:03 PM.
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                I don't get it. Are people paying extra to watch hockey on BTN to go? Do you have access to their subscriber numbers?
                I don't know if they ARE paying, but the BTN is telling them they have to, even if they have the BTN as part of their subscribed cable package. It's BS.

If one is paying for the BTN channel, one should get free BTN2Go.
                If one DOESN'T have the BTN channel, one should pay for BTN2Go.

BTN: No. We want all the money.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                  If only in the Twin Cities, yes attendance should be higher. But you still will not see MSU, um, OSU, PSU fans there. Nor will you see FSU, Miami, BGSU etc. We just don't travel. Just as Minn/Wis. fans don't travel to Det. Your turning it into a State of Minnesota, N.D. Wis regional Tournament. The formation of the B10 Hockey Conference certainly has screwed up College Hockey. If the things were the way they were, tCHHCoMSU may still be commissioner of the CCHA, and not doing, what he is doing at Munn Ice Arena. As for a solution, rotate campus sites.
                  So why isn't the B1G having their tournament at Allstate Arena in the West Chicago metro so it is more Centrally located? Or United Center in downtown?
                  Things to do, touristy area, good food and brew nearby...fairly new buildings....etc.

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                    To make a mega tournament interesting they need three venues for the semi finals and a one day/one ticket "trip to the X" three games back to back finals. Then all 12 teams fans would have to decide if they want a "my team" only pass that gets them into the rink assigned or if they believe in their team enough to get a "super pass" which guarantees three finals in one day.

To be fair they need to alternate it every year with somewhere in Michigan to give both places the experience. That would grow the rebranded tournament. If I could see three championships in one day and hella good hockey the day before.... I would defiantly travel every other year to Michigan.
                    This could work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                      Your lack of a defense will embarrass you this weekend.
                      How's it been the last 5 games?
                      ---
                      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                      19 Conference Championships
                      10 Conference Tournament Championships
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I never missed a WCHA tournament until the conferences broke apart. I was at the first one at the St. Paul Civic Center, attended all the Bradley Center experiments, the brief stay at Target Center, and ultimately Xcel.
                        Hey, me too. We should form a club.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I don't know if they ARE paying, but the BTN is telling them they have to, even if they have the BTN as part of their subscribed cable package. It's BS.
                          This isn't accurate. If you have BTN as part of your television provider, you have access to BTN2Go. What you have to pay extra for is BTN+, which streams untelevised games produced by the home school.

Point one is already the case.
                          Point two should be the case, but isn't possible. You can't purchase a subscription to BTN2Go, only to BTN+.

Comment

BTN: No. We want all the money.
                            I only watch Minnesota football and hockey on that channel I will never watch anybody else. They will never get any more of my money.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                              This isn't accurate. If you have BTN as part of your television provider, you have access to BTN2Go. What you have to pay extra for is BTN+, which streams untelevised games produced by the home school.

Point two should be the case, but isn't possible. You can't purchase a subscription to BTN2Go, only to BTN+.
                              Ok, thank you for the clarification. My point still stands about paying extra for streaming, for a channel you already pay for, and AFAIK, that has happened this year.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

Thanks for the clarification. I would really like to see BTN on Apple TV.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X