X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale/Lowell East Regional (3/26) - Ivy v Public

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    mookie reads those words and the first thing that comes to mind is ALBANY
    If I had to choose between the two cities, it would be a tie, neither have much to offer as do most East/Northeast venues.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      If I had to choose between the two cities, it would be a tie, neither have much to offer as do most East/Northeast venues.
      Just a short 90 minute drive to the Ommegang Brewery! We'll be there - hoping to find a nice place for Easter dinner before the game.

Comment

Ill be in albany. Only a 2 hour drive from my house. very simple. I have front row seats. Ill be rocking my North Dakota gear.

Comment

Then you don't look very hard
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
            Just a short 90 minute drive to the Ommegang Brewery! We'll be there - hoping to find a nice place for Easter dinner before the game.
            I have six breweries on a short list... I'm arriving late Friday night. My list is on my laptop at home.

I'm going to start at shmaltz around noon and then work my way back into town.

Sunday could be a bit hinky with the holiday and all.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

There are some really good restaurants in Worcester. Unfortunately, you have to drive to most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                There are some really good restaurants in Worcester. Unfortunately, you have to drive to most of them.
                My only impression was when I attended the Yale upset of Dakota back in the day. We spent too many hours in Moynagh's and ate somewhere forgotten.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Well, today it all starts. Rooting for an all Hockey East Frozen Four.
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    mookie reads those words and the first thing that comes to mind is ALBANY
                    Really? I just thought "alcohol."
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      I am driving from Washington DC. Everybody else shut up... story over.
                      Why? There are direct shuttles from IAD to Albany. I haven't looked recently but they used to be dirt cheap.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                        If not "the 2013 revenge bracket" this bracket should be called "the bracket the NCAA doesn't give 2 shats about."
                        It's a shame QU (the #1 overall seed) doesn't get the respect to be placed in Worcester which is a quick drive up 91 and 84.
                        Instead they get moved to a venue much closer to their opponent.
                        On top of that playing a game 7:30pm on Saturday and then again on Easter Sunday tells me the NCAA figured they would be able to fill up Worcester with Boston based fans and in essence forget about Albany bracket.
                        Hey remember how in 2015 #4 seed Providence got a home game in Providence for the regional (Brown hosting, not PC) and then won NCAA.
                        Because I sure do.

Shut up your whining is the moral of this story

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                          Well, today it all starts. Rooting for an all Hockey East Frozen Four.
                          I went with three. NU, Lowell, Northeastern and Denver. Because ... why not?
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            I went with three. NU, Lowell, Northeastern and Denver. Because ... why not?
                            So Northeastern has to play TWO games? That's unfair

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                              So Northeastern has to play TWO games? That's unfair
                              Well ... they deserve it.

Ha, oops. OK, NU, Lowell, BC and Denver. Thanks for pointing this out.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Crashing this party. Let's go big cat hockey!
                                RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X